Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Add bass/power/beat/ to a chill/slow song.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

First of all, I'm not a native English speaker so I'll do my best to express my doubt/question/wtver.
I'm a beginner, and I'm wondering if there's any way to add call it bass, or drums, or like ..emm..techno base, something that can make "danceable" a chill song.
For example, if I have a rock/pop song that I would like to play, but this one has no..like.."bass/strong rithm/" whatever needed to make it possible to dance that song.
What are the options? How do DJ Pros do? With or without Virtual DJ?. I'm really interested in this!!!!.

THANKS to Anyone that can help me.

Peter.

geposted Tue 10 Feb 09 @ 10:01 pm
Use the software for what it can do. Find a song with that techno/bass/beat that would go good with the chill song, match the BPM's and play them together. Hope it helps.

geposted Mon 01 Aug 11 @ 9:27 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
xXEMANN_101Xx wrote :
Use the software for what it can do. Find a song with that techno/bass/beat that would go good with the chill song, match the BPM's and play them together. Hope it helps.

complete tosh, if you do this, you will completely change the key of the tracks from atching the bpm's and to find a phat bass for a slow song you would have to search through thousands of tracks just to find 2 that go together. what if the slow/chill track is in the key of E major and the bass of the second track is in the key of d minor? they will not fit at all will just sound really bad.

if you want to remix track i suggest using ableton live.

with abletond you can choose a bsss line sample and match the bpm to the track you want. then use the warp feature to eep the bpm and change the keytone of the bass line to match whatever you want. it is much easier to go through maybe 100 bassline samples and warp them to fit, than to go through several thouand trying to find 2 tracks that mix well together for an entire track length.

if you want to remix, then use producton software such as, Ableton live, sony acid, fruity loops, cubase, studio one etc...

geposted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 6:18 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)