Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DPC Latency Checker - Fix Audio Problems - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

pOpYDJPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Please register your version of VDJ in your profile.

cu
pOpY

geposted Sat 30 May 09 @ 1:39 pm
hey all,

I just boughtg a BRAND new PC to run VDJ with my RMX because i was having so many problems with my apple.. SO,
I bought an HP Compaq PresarioQL-62 2.0 GH
AMD Athlon Dual-Core QL-62

I am running VIsta Home Premium

and man am I getting some latency issues... I have tried numerous numbers of the suggestions, here, and still nothing... PLEASE HELP!!! I have gigs on thursday and SUNDAY!!!!

-thank you all for your time

-c

geposted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 11:04 pm
Have you tried latancy checker?

Whats the avarage value?

Have you got red spikes?

Disable some unneeded Background Services in Vista, they would consum a lot of power.

Go to Bios and Disable "Cool n Quiet"!!!!!

cu
pOpY

geposted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 12:59 am
it runs in the green with latecy chedcker. a few yellow spikes.

Ive turned off things like aero. what else do you recommend? how do i get to those?

and how do i disable the cool and quiet?

-thanks,
-c

geposted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 9:40 am
About cool n quite: i dont know much about amd, use google.

Use this guide: http://www.audioforums.com/windows-vista-optimization.php to tweak your vista

Before i began to tweak my vista i also have yellow and red spikes. After tweaking they are just green.

Try also to disable WLAN, BLUETOOTH, LAN, WEBCAM, MODEM and all other devices you doesnt need! Do not press the button on your laptop to disable those devices, please disable it in the device manager (rigth click and deactivate!).

cu
pOpY

geposted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 9:52 am
rubinghv wrote :
Even disabling both sound cards doesn't have any effects whatsoever. The latency is there with or without them...

EDIT: Also, if I just unplug the external sound card, it doesn't change a thing.

EDIT2: I searched the forums for a bit, found a possible solution: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4320 Will check this as soon as I get home

EDIT3: The solution worked perfectly, it was the apple drivers, yay :)

Dude, you did the trick for me! I had the exact issue and now everything is going ok.

Thank you!

geposted Fri 05 Jun 09 @ 10:08 pm
You Rock... DPC Latency Checker saved me!

I was having problems (cracks/pops in sound=lost packets in asio hercules mk2 setup) with my laptop...

I didnt know where the problem was... format it twice with fresh and clean windows xp and windows 7 rtm...

nothing solved the problem...

disabled some ethernet, wifi, firewire etc... nothing, the problem havent disapeared!

found this post, run DPC Latency Checker starting to cry with the latency...

but i didnt give it up... started to disable ALL devices ONE BY ONE in device manager and...

VOILA! problem isolated in "Microsoft AC Adapter" and "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"!!!

Disabled them and now the connections between Virtual DJ and Hercules MK2 works fine in ASIO mode with 8ms latency!!!

Many thanks!

geposted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 3:38 pm
Nice to hear that ;-)

cu
pOpY

geposted Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 4:13 am
Innersense wrote :
You Rock... DPC Latency Checker saved me!

I was having problems (cracks/pops in sound=lost packets in asio hercules mk2 setup) with my laptop...

I didnt know where the problem was... format it twice with fresh and clean windows xp and windows 7 rtm...

nothing solved the problem...

disabled some ethernet, wifi, firewire etc... nothing, the problem havent disapeared!

found this post, run DPC Latency Checker starting to cry with the latency...

but i didnt give it up... started to disable ALL devices ONE BY ONE in device manager and...

VOILA! problem isolated in "Microsoft AC Adapter" and "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"!!!

Disabled them and now the connections between Virtual DJ and Hercules MK2 works fine in ASIO mode with 8ms latency!!!

Many thanks!

Glad you got it worked out. I'd mentioned this tweak back in March, but I guess you might have missed it ;)

geposted Wed 12 Aug 09 @ 7:11 pm

geposted Sun 23 Aug 09 @ 12:52 am
Hello!

I've got a problem, that I change the BPM of tracks, the sound is very bad and many beats are not clear.
What should I do?

Thanks,

Erik

geposted Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 6:14 am
Ive tryed about everyting mentioned on this post to solve my issue. I am running a a toshiba satellite with VDJ and a Hercules MK2 recently upgraded the hard drive after the old one started to fail. My issue is when a track is playing on side B and I load a track on side A that there is a brief skip or studder in the B side. Latency checker shows peaks in red only when loading a track. How can I eliminate those peaks Or at least minimize them. Ive disabled most everything and they still happen.

geposted Sat 31 Oct 09 @ 2:20 pm
Do you have disabled beatlock?

It sounds like you have enabled it. Take look at the Option and set it to DISABLED.

Also try to load a track from an other drive, like an usb thumb drive. If it doesnt happen i suggest you to try to upgrade your chipset/sata drivers.

On Which OS you are running VDJ?

cu
pOpY

geposted Sun 01 Nov 09 @ 6:43 am
Windows Vista 32bit i believe

Options > Disengage beatlock "On Load"

is that right? it was on manual.

geposted Fri 20 Nov 09 @ 6:04 pm
"Ive tryed about everyting mentioned on this post to solve my issue. I am running a a toshiba satellite with VDJ and a Hercules MK2 recently upgraded the hard drive after the old one started to fail. My issue is when a track is playing on side B and I load a track on side A that there is a brief skip or studder in the B side. Latency checker shows peaks in red only when loading a track. How can I eliminate those peaks Or at least minimize them. Ive disabled most everything and they still happen."

i have the exact same problem!
I had latency issues on my new Toshiba laptop but turning off WIFI, USB controllers, webcam etc I got it down to only green bars. However when loading a track on to a deck the other song playing skips (red on the latency checker). changing beatlock to "on load" doesnt work!

any ideas??

geposted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 11:55 am
I prefer to set beatlock on "manual" so it wouldnt be activated on loading a track.

Do you have the newest vdj 6.0.3 ?
(just to be safe)

These red bars on track load means that any device have a very long latency on transfering data to the os.

Please try the following:

1. Download and test: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
2. Try to load a track througth a network share or/and an usb thumb drive. So if there is no red bar on loading you have a problem with your HDD/Mainboard.
3. How is the cpu load in idle (not playing). If your screen resolution doesnt match the vdj skin resolution, vdj resize it and take cpu power.

cu
pOpY

geposted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 12:14 pm
problem solved! I disabled the Nvidia graphics card and this brought the latency down to about 50

geposted Sat 28 Nov 09 @ 2:56 am
Я вот установил прогу, а она лагает, как "старый валенок" после горлодёра(((((((((

geposted Tue 19 Jan 10 @ 11:49 am
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005

geposted Tue 19 Jan 10 @ 2:55 pm
It helped my VDJ popping problems too. I had to disable my webcam but now the problems solved. :D

geposted Mon 01 Feb 10 @ 10:20 pm
43%