Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (OLD) - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok. I know we have been working a couple different threads to capture all the different concerns with the Denon controllers. And it has become a bit unmanageable for me. And, I do want to help you all out that has these controllers.

If you simply have a scripting question of how to make something work .. please use your existing thread or make a new thread - I will remove any posts that are not Hardware Functionality related with regard to the current mapping from first install with V6.

So, what I am asking is that you post your comments in this thread and make your first line of the post like one of the following (copy/paste if it helps).

[S1200]
[S3700]
[HD2500]
[HC4500]
[HS5500]

If you already have a thread out there please give me an update here on what / where we are at and we will continue all conversation here.

If your comments were already made by another user ... please don't quote the whole post .. just simply say "Same as ... " and put the user's name that made the comment.

This will help me focus on what we can do to make things better and not have to 'find' 5,6 or 7 different threads ...

IF there are any posts made about any other controllers not Denon - they will be REMOVED.

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 11:32 am
[hs5500]
My problem is when I have both decks going I loose the scratch function on the left deck, the platter has no effect.

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 4:54 pm
[HS5500]

Installed 6.0.1
Same half display, no platter operation on Deck 2 (this is all being done from 1 HS5500)

On the Display:
Time, Pitch, spinning disc image & BPM are trying to read data from both decks and send it to the left side display simultaenously. Song title remains on Deck 1
---

Pitch on the LCD correlates to where the physical slider is on the controller, irregardless of which deck is playing.
When the slider is moved it zeros out the pitch on the other deck. Moving the slider to +2 makes the display change to the other deck (once switched over to that deck).

Thanks,
Taipanic

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 6:47 pm
taipanic wrote :
[HS5500]

same same here

geposted Sun 07 Jun 09 @ 7:02 pm
djldbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
[HC4500]

Lights on the controller don't work anymore after installing version osx 10.5.7
In version 5 and 6

Thanks, ldb

@djldb - your issues is a Mac OSX 10.5.7 issue -- please see the Mac forums -- MIDI is totally screwed in Mac OSX at the operating system level. Not a VDJ Problem.

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 3:35 am
djldbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
[HC4500]

Also there is no text visable in the display.
Only the red 'pc' text. and when pressed a button there is a blue text 'link'

I hope this is usefull for a quick fix.
Thanks, ldb

@djldb - your issues is a Mac OSX 10.5.7 issue -- please see the Mac forums -- MIDI is totally screwed in Mac OSX at the operating system level. Not a VDJ Problem.

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 4:47 am

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 8:05 am
DjCaliPRO InfinityMember since 2006
[S3700]
Ok, how do i make them both MIDI Chan 1

also i change per:

PLATTER1 -> action_deck 1 ? deck 1 select & denon_platter 1 : deck 2 select & denon_platter 1
PLATTER2 -> action_deck 1 ? deck 1 select & denon_platter 2 : deck 2 select & denon_platter 2

stiil same problems

and now everything i exit vdj the program locks up...
only when 3700 hook up in midi

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 3:02 pm
[hs5500]

Here is a picture of the LCD screen. Only the left side has an image, the right side is completely blank.

The output for track time, spinning disc image, and track length dots for both decks are being displayed on the left screen. When two tracks are playing they constantly refresh to the same display on the left, making them unusable. For example, if deck1 is playing a song at 5:35 and deck2 is playing a song at 3:10, the display will constantly refresh both to the left screen. I know this is probably being redundant, but I am just trying to assist as much as I can to help get this resolved.

Thanks,

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 7:09 pm
[hs5500]

ok tryin both 5500's and both screens are doing the same as picture above(taipanic's pic)
.at first i was only having one connected connected the other out of curiosity and same results..

geposted Mon 08 Jun 09 @ 10:59 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
... platter mode changes both decks not only one - so , if i put one deck in classic vinyl i also put the other deck classic vinyl .

PLATTER_ON changes modes on both decks and should only change it for the deck it is activated on

geposted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 12:32 am

geposted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 4:26 am
[HS550] - Display Issue of each Track's Info

I am sure I know why the display is creating that issue ... will require a change to the definition file for the controller ... will let you know when a fix is available.

geposted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 10:37 am

geposted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 10:42 am
This thread is only for things that are making it impossible for the controllers to function properly

Not scripting changes, Not how do I do this or that, or this feature should exist

If it doesn't work that is what I want to know ....

geposted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 12:43 pm
[HS5500]

* Pitch level resetting when changing decks and moving slider
* Track is slipping backwards when scratching with platter. (Mine does not slip when using Denon by itself.)

geposted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 2:44 pm
I don't need recaps ... please don't clutter the thread ... I know the issues and only want to see the issues ... this is not going to solve things quicker ... just post what is asked ..!!!!!!!

geposted Tue 09 Jun 09 @ 3:56 pm
Hd2500 no platter action at all.. it was working in version 5?? Any idea why??
Ta

geposted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 6:08 pm
dj spunky wrote :
Hd2500 no platter action at all.. it was working in version 5?? Any idea why??
Ta

It's because you are using the beta version for the Mac ... it has not been fixed in that version as of yet.

geposted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 9:56 pm
[S3700]

cstoll wrote :
I think I miss typed .. try these please ...

PLATTER1 -> action_deck 1 ? deck 1 select & denon_platter 1 : deck 2 select & denon_platter 1
PLATTER2 -> action_deck 1 ? deck 1 select & denon_platter 2 : deck 2 select & denon_platter 2

Still same issue.

geposted Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 10:34 pm
29%