Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HELP! virtual dj freezes every 3-4 songs using windows 7 - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

faiferPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hello! I have looked everywhere for help and have not found answers to my problems in the forums. Here goes...

I have the latest version of Virtual DJ and am running it with my Hercules RMX controller with Windows 7 on my new laptop 4GB ram. As I am DJ'ing Virtual DJ freezes about every 3-4 songs (yes it's THAT annoying) when I load up another song. I've tried everything from waiting at least 2 minutes after a song starts before loading up a new song, but that hasn't helped. So, once it freezes I wait it out til the song ends, have my iPod on back up (which provide very different levels), shut down Virtual DJ and start it up again, play another 3-4 songs and have to repeat this process for 5 hours. VERY FRUSTRATING, and i am hoping there is a fix.

Another thing...I am pulling all my music off my external hard drive. Do you think that could be the problem? Or is Windows 7 the issue? Do i need to downgrade to XP? Anyone else having this problem and if so what can be done. I DJ weddings, and every friday night I DJ at a club. I have my next gig tomorrow night and am hoping to have this problem fixed by then, because I can't go another night with the stress that this situation brings. I have done all the updates here on this site, and it still hasn't fixed the problem. Another weird thing is it seems to only do this at the club, when I am working at home, i dont seem to have a problem...WEIRDZIES. HELP!

geposted Thu 28 Jan 10 @ 1:21 pm
I'm having the same problem on both of my laptops. I have window 7 on one and vista on the other. I tried it on my desktop, wich has xp and it still freezes up. I wonder if it's the external drive also.

geposted Thu 28 Jan 10 @ 11:38 pm
faifer wrote :
I have the latest version of Virtual DJ and am running it with my Hercules RMX controller

Q: exactly which version are you running? 5.2.2 ? 6.0.2?

Q2: have you tried registering your VDJ LE software?

geposted Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 11:09 am
faiferPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have VDJ 5.2.2. I ended up installing VDJ on my old laptop which has windowsXP for fri nights gig, works fine, but audio is very shaky and skips, which I attribute to my hard drive because that laptop is on it's last legs, I also learned the hard way that I can't have ANY OTHER programs open while running virtual dj on my old laptop because it FREAKS OUT! I guess I can use my old laptop until I find a fix for VDJ and windows 7, but this is my livelihood, so it's really frustrating, PLUS my old laptop is not reliable and prob won't last me long. Is there anything else I can try? I JUST bought this brand new laptop because I KNEW my old laptop wasn't going to work out for much longer...Maybe another software I can use with my Hercules RMX and windows 7, until VDJ and Win7 have this worked out? PLEASE HELP!

geposted Mon 01 Feb 10 @ 1:45 pm

geposted Mon 01 Feb 10 @ 3:50 pm
I was runing VDJ6 Pro with Sony Vaio Windows 7 64 Bit.

No problems until the Sony decided to corrupt the graphics card and the hard disk -3 weeks old! been away for repair for the last 3 weeks still not got it back.....

Also register you software and I think you'll get more help from other members! :)

geposted Tue 02 Feb 10 @ 1:22 pm
mattynaughton wrote :

Also register you software and I think you'll get more help from other members! :)

+1

geposted Tue 02 Feb 10 @ 1:26 pm
bissorPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hey guys, I've got a Rmx with the latest drivers, latest (Limited Edition) VDJ software, currently running on a new laptop i7-720, 6Gig, Win 7 64 Home Premium, etc. I'm getting the same problem as the O.P. and have been with the last three laptops I've used and it's driving me crazy. I am seriously considering dropping VDJ and ditching the Rmx entirely... it's unbelievably stressful to have the program freeze in the middle of a song and have to switch to a backup audio source before the song ends.

Additionally, a couple of n00b questions, if you don't mind me asking:

- Why is it so important that we register the software? It's a limited edition that came with the Rmx console, I consider it bought and paid for.

- In my research, I've seen some people suggest as a solution: "Buy the full version!" Why is this considered a valid fix? If the limited edition that's meant to hook me doesn't work, why would I consider dropping a bunch of a cash on a full version that may or may not work?

I appreciate any help you can give and, again, please pardon my perhaps silly questions.

geposted Thu 25 Feb 10 @ 1:18 pm
bissor wrote :

- Why is it so important that we register the software? It's a limited edition that came with the Rmx console, I consider it bought and paid for..

It gives you a major discount if you do decide to upgrade.
It gives you access to things you dont have access to as a non licence user.
Teamers will help anybody, but some registered users only help other registered users.

geposted Thu 25 Feb 10 @ 8:50 pm
bissorPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Thanks, hippydog! That was exactly the type of info I was looking for. I'll have to register.

In the meantime, can anyone help us out with this problem?

geposted Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 8:09 pm
I have the same problem, it is driving me crazy, I am a registered user, can you help me? I wont upgrade until I fix this problem. Thank you for understanding.

geposted Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 7:01 am
you are registered.. ;-)
but you need to provide some info (laptop make & specs, video card) etc etc
also what steps you have taken so far.. was it always doing this? how long have you had it?

P.S. : it probably helps to put this same info in your profile (then its always at hand)

geposted Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 9:41 am
I will do that! let me tell you that this is very new to me, I have only had like two weeks with it, installed it in my PC and my Laptop. in the PC runs OK!!! so far... but the laptop has that anoying studdering. I did not pay to much atention to it untill last weekend, when I went to a cousins house and installed it there in a sound system.... can't have a party like that!!! LOL.
Anyways, I will put the specifications of the laptop, I'm pretty sure it's a stupid twick some where, or a fine tune in a secret screw at the hardware.... I don't know.
PS XP on the PC and 7 on the laptop.

I'll let you know. Thanks. :)

geposted Wed 10 Mar 10 @ 4:00 pm
sisseHome userMember since 2005
I'm having the same problem! It worked perfectly for a couple of months, but now it freezes after a couple of songs when i'm trying to load a new song :-(

Is there a known solution for this problem?

geposted Fri 13 Aug 10 @ 1:05 pm
I had the same problem on my last 3 laptops Im really frustrated with Virtual dj , I invest alot of money on a rmx mixer pro , virtual dj pro edition and a new Sony Vaio Windows 7 , 500 GB hard drive + I use ad External Hard drive , I called tech support in canada they send me a link to download a cleaner and a new updated version of the drivers (didn't work at all) I m just going to switch to a different sistem .

geposted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 10:51 am
First, please register your Pro serial number on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and download the latest version from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Then install the latest Hercules drivers and firmware from http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common_Device_Drivers.html

Then check your computer for any performance/configuration problems: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20PC%20Performance%20Issues.html

If you are having this problem with playing videos and your laptop is recent model, this problem is caused by video cards with buggy drivers that report more video RAM available to VirtualDJ than what is really available (I.e: That onboard the card + your system memory.) VirtualDJ tries to use this RAM for caching the video in memory, so you can jump to cue points, another position in the video, scratch, etc.

As the song progresses, the memory usage will go up accordingly. When you load a new song on the deck, the memory will be freed up and will then start to increase again.

The only solution to this problem is updated drivers from the manufacturer of your computer that correct this problem. In some cases, older drivers may also fix the problem (Due to be written before when the bug was introduced.)

This problem most commonly occurs with recent ATI video cards, but can also occur with other models with similar driver issues.

To work around this issue, you can try using the Registry Tool ( http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/2170/Registry_Tool.html ) to adjust the maximum video memory that VirtualDJ can use (VideoMemMaxUse) to a more suitable setting, e.g: 128

geposted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 2:17 pm
I bought a nm Idj3 and came with virtual dj software v6.1.2. The software program keep on freezing everytime i put a video in the second deck. I have a newer asuz gaming computer that im using with it. I tried disabling the internet and ucheck the usb hubs but that didnt do anything. Please can anyone help me with this issue. Thanks for reading my venting ,Im very frustrated with this.

geposted Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 9:00 pm
Good Morning!! Ive been having a problem with my Virtual dj Everytime I put new songs in my computer or the external harddrive it doesnt work and it stays frozeen. Any reason why that happends? I have to wait so long for it to start working. I am using a mac computer and a denon controller. Please any help to fix this?

geposted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 7:32 am
Same problem here. I checked the memory and it showed I had plenty of RAM left. My laptop has very few things on it for that purpose. I have the pro version and not happy with the freezing up. I dont use video either, only MP3s.

geposted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 11:13 pm
I am having a similar problem. Pioneer DDJ WEGO2.
Program freezes when loading track with error message "Virtual DJ not responding" My only option at this point is to restart computer as window will not close. This does not happen every time, but enough to be annoying.
I have also noticed that my controller can still play and pause track while VDJ is frozen but I can not see what I am doing or load next track.
I have also noticed that it freezes when I press play with my mouse instead of using the controller (when connected)
I am new to Virtual DJ.
I purchased a Pioneer DDJ WEGO2 with LE. I then purchased a controller unlock as I wanted full features and switched back to VDJ home as I only use it at my house.
I run it on an ASUS, N series, i7, Windows 7, ATI

geposted Mon 17 Aug 15 @ 11:06 pm
80%