Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MIDI mapper for Vestax SPIN [It is natively supported in the latest version] - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

LSDJayHome userMember since 2010
Hey guys, I have a Mac, I'm running VDJ version 6 and I just recently got into mixing/dj'ing. I purchased the Vestax "SPIN" a few weeks ago since it looked like a simple more affordable setup for someone who is just starting out. However the "DJ" software the SPIN comes with lacks many features compared to VDJ. I've searched online for days on how to map the SPIN to VDJ, I've looked for downloadable mappers but have found nothing. Is there any help/advice you guys can offer me so I can get my Vestax SPIN to be compatible with VDJ 6? Thanks in advance.

geposted Wed 03 Mar 10 @ 4:29 pm
bump, I would like some help on this too

geposted Mon 22 Mar 10 @ 10:37 am
bump someone pleaseeeee help

geposted Tue 23 Mar 10 @ 4:15 pm
im on the same boat can someone plz help us on this?!?!?!

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 3:22 pm

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 5:00 pm
im actually using pc and i did dl the lastest trail version of vdj all it do it light up some of the button on spin and that it!?!?! can you help plz i really wanna try the vestax spin on vdj!!!

geposted Wed 15 Sep 10 @ 8:11 pm
mm4607Home userMember since 2010
im in the same boat. Im using version 6.1 on a mac and I really want to use Virtual DJ with the SPIN. Any help pleeeeease?!?!

geposted Sat 18 Sep 10 @ 4:12 pm
sejaweHome userMember since 2010
stop lying about your bs native support

geposted Sun 19 Sep 10 @ 7:21 pm
huh native support!?!?!
I can see that it is in the controller mapper list, my spin only ever come up as a generic midi mapper! Is there someway I can get vDJ to recognize that it is indeed the spin and not just a generic device!?!?!

geposted Sun 19 Sep 10 @ 7:25 pm
can n-e one plz help meeh?!?! i g0t a gig this saturday cummin up i dont wanna use traktor i perfer vdj....

geposted Sun 19 Sep 10 @ 7:27 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
No problems here with the latest version:

Greets, Heiko

geposted Mon 20 Sep 10 @ 2:43 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What about Vestax Typhoon?

geposted Mon 20 Sep 10 @ 9:14 am
It is not currently supported, but may be in a future version of VirtualDJ.

geposted Mon 20 Sep 10 @ 12:14 pm
jakovski i c it on the mapper list and i click on it and the controller response to it..

geposted Wed 22 Sep 10 @ 12:33 am
o0ok i just letting every1 know... if you just brought a new vestax spin it not supported with virtualDJ cause the new vestax spin firmware is updated... virtualDJ only work with the old firmware of vestax spin till the next update of virtualDJ we cant use our vestax spin unless you map it urself which im hopin sum1 would do that n hook meeh up...

geposted Wed 22 Sep 10 @ 10:57 am
I need some firmware information on the VESTAX spin. Some mapping have difficulties in Virtual DJ.....
Solution seems to be, ,to have OLDEST firmware, since roamers says that latest firmware does not work with Virtual DJ 7.01
where can I download different versions of the firmware, just to make my own test before start mapping all over...

geposted Sat 04 Dec 10 @ 10:07 am
I need some firmware information on the VESTAX spin. Some mapping have difficulties in Virtual DJ.....
Solution seems to be, ,to have OLDEST firmware, since roamers says that latest firmware does not work with Virtual DJ 7.01
where can I download different versions of the firmware, just to make my own test before start mapping all over...

geposted Sat 04 Dec 10 @ 10:07 am
Support for the Spin was updated in v7.0.1

If yours does not work, please download the tool http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe and run it. Choose the Spin in both sections to the right and click SEND. Then post the results here.

Only Vestax could provide you with other firmware. Please contact their support for advice.

geposted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 12:41 pm
guys, just bought the vestax spin and vdj 7.0.2 pro full and cannot for the life of mr get it to work!! i cannot find the spin in the mapper list only the typhoon!! any help please

geposted Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 10:26 am
Do you have the latest VirtualDJ v7.0.2 installed: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html (Please check in CONFIG -> About to ensure that you are not accidentally running an older version due to incorrect shortcuts on the desktop, etc.)

Have you installed custom mappers for the Vestax Spin and/or Typhoon? If so, please remove them from My Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers and/or My Documents\VirtualDJ\Devices

If none of the above helps, please download the tool http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe and run it. Choose the Spin in both sections to the right and click SEND. Then post the results here.

geposted Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 12:51 pm
91%