Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Core and Asio drivers for the SL3 - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Serato has now done a firmware update with the Scratch Live 2.1 software for Core and Asio drivers for the SL3, This means Virtual Dj can use the SL3 as the sound card just like the SL1.
I guess we have to wait for a new update from Virtual Dj Technical people to support it.
Good News for me
Oswald Bobb

geposted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 3:25 pm
Why would you need a new version of VDJ to make it work? It should work right away as long as you update the firmware on your SL3 install whatever drivers for it and change your sound card settings in VDJ.

geposted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 5:34 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
It's not Part of Atomix to write any ASIO drivers for soundcards. It's part of the Manufacturer - in that case Rane.

Yes, they release a firmware update that implements an ASIO core usability for the card.

NO, the do not release any ASIO drivers for it.

Virtual DJ can use every ASIO or WDM card which is visible to windows operating system. So if you can see your SSL3 in the audio card setup of Windows then you can use it **LOL**

Greets, Heiko

geposted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 5:41 pm
Well maybe I dont understand how this works, but this is what Serato have on there website about the Firmware update
Quote"
Included SL 3 firmware update v2.30. Firmware v2.30 will allow for compatibility with future Core Audio / ASIO drivers. Please update your firmware from the Hardware tab on the setup screen.

geposted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 11:38 pm
And heres the part your not reading
oswaldbobb wrote :
will allow for compatibility with future Core Audio / ASIO drivers. .
Notice the word FUTURE meaning "not here yet".......................Just sayin.............

Huey

geposted Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 12:16 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
Someone tested this thing with ASIO4All ? Maybe the ASIO Kernel in the Firmware is ready to speak it ;-))

Greets, Heiko

geposted Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 5:39 am
Well, Rane tech support says they don't now when the drivers will be released.

geposted Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 9:52 pm
I tested friends SL3 with ASIO4ALL and it's not working. ASIO4ALL doesn't see SL3 after updating firmware.

geposted Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 11:37 pm
Finally, Serato has released ASIO drivers for the SL3 and Rane Sixty-Eight. I just installed them and Virtual is picking up the SL3 now. I finally have a use for the SL3 now other than an expensive paper weight.

geposted Tue 23 Nov 10 @ 8:22 am
superjPRO InfinityMember since 2005
installed drivers..........got little rane control panel, but vrdj not seeing sl3 box. any ideas

geposted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 8:14 am
Did you install the last fimrware update prior to installing the drivers? It does work with VDJ.

HUEY

geposted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 9:31 am
As I asked in another thread:

Serato forums states that the BETA Asio Drivers are only for specific 32 or 64 bit enviroment.

And my Win7 64bit does recognize the device and driver. BUT, in VDJ it Doesn't display the SL3 as a ASIO, just the SL1, MP4 and rane 57.

Is this because VDJ is a 32bit program?

My guess is that the people using SL3 with VDJ it's because they are on a 32 bit enviroment.

And no, it will never be used as a Windows SoundCard, just specific software that can work with ASIO.

geposted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 12:35 pm
I use windows Vista 32 and it works just fine with VDJ, did you update the firmware. And you can download EITHER 32 or 64, check the site again cause it works with VDJ.

Huey

geposted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 12:52 pm
I have Macbook Pro with Windows7 64bit. I installed 64bit version driver for SL3 and it doesn't show up in VDJ. Then I installed 32bit version driver and it shows up in VDJ but doesn't work!

geposted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 1:24 pm
Yes, the SL3 Firmware is updated.

But it is a No-Go for using the 32bit driver in Win7 64bits.

I need to try it on my laptop using XP32, but my laptop is from the Company I work for, not for DJing. The lap I use for DJing has Win7 64bits as well.

geposted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 4:31 pm
superjPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Sl3 Not working at all w/ my windows 7 laptop, it works great w/ an older windows xp laptop. correct drivers used & firmware updated with both. I really hope something gets figured out to get this thing to work w/ windows 64, it sounds great w/ vrdj.

geposted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 5:28 pm
Proof that it does work with Vista 32bit,

And I think you guys are forgetting that the drivers are still in beta testing and that you should be yelling at Serato not VDJ, after all VDJ did not create the drivers Serato did....................it even says post your findings if things dont work.................

I'll post how to config it for 4 decks when the video uploads.

Good Luck
Huey

geposted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 6:52 pm
Now for the SL3 running 4decks,

It works great and sounds good, if anybody needs help or doesnt understand something hit me up.

Enjoy
Huey

geposted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 8:11 pm
Nobody is yelling.

Fact:

If you have a Win 64 bit OS, you need the 64bit ASIO driver. You can "install" the 32 bit version, but won't work with programs.

If you have a Win 32 Bit OS, you need to install the 32 bit ASIO driver.

doesn't matter if it's XP, Vista or 7.

Issue:

WE, that use a 64 bit OS, can't get this driver to get recognized by VDJ.

I know it works with the 32 bit OS (confirmed by my company's laptop).

BUT, I want to know if it doesn't work with the 64bit OS because of VDJ being a 32 bit app?

Can the VDJ team do something about this?

As the SL3 won't get the WDM certification, it needs to work only as an ASIO driver.

Again, can VDJ (in next releases) do something to pick the 64 bit ASIO? I believe it can't, but, maybe a workaround can come up.

geposted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 8:44 pm
Why Rane can't do it right the first time? I wonder how did they test 64bit drivers?

geposted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 11:15 pm
63%