Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: V7 & Video Recording - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Ok so once again I tried recording video using V7. Like previous versions it didn't go so well.

I looked it up on the manual but it only shows a manual for V6.
This manual states the following;

VirtualDJ can record the session using the Microsoft MPEG4 codec installed on the computer as part of
the Windows Media Player install. The Microsoft MPEG4 codec is used by default because it's the best
codec to be used in live scenarios. For example, with the Divx codec a video can not record if the size
is greater than 320x320 whereas Microsoft MPEG4 codec can record at least at 1024x768 and more.

Ok so im running Win7 with WMP 12.... yes i've done the search and the solutions posted by many have not worked.

If anyone who has this feature up and running would like to post your settings it would be greatly appreciated...

geposted Sun 24 Oct 10 @ 10:57 pm
Video recording is very hard to setup. By default it's not working properly.

geposted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 2:19 am
rama1Home userMember since 2009
virtual dj pro 7 is the only version that im able to record my video mixes there,s loads of improved video engines so if you try a few of them you,ll be able to record using a different video codec engine

geposted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 7:09 am
rama1Home userMember since 2009
for best results & quality i would recomend the full frames uncompressed video engine this will have the best results the size of the files will be bigger so you,ll need lots of harddrive space

geposted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 7:20 am
this is how i see it, if the dev team makes the feature available, im sure they have had it up and running.

Many other claim to have it up and running, how about someone posts their settings and what codecs are being used.

geposted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 11:41 am
I understand the frustration, but honest to goodness, it's very simple to record video.

Get and install xvid.

Download the registry tool from this site, it's in the download section.
Run the registry tool. At the bottom it says select codec. Use this to selct xvid. Follow the xvid " options" twice and uncheck the box that says show progress, or similar, i'm not looking at it right now. If you don't un-check that box it wont work.click apply and then ok, and then close. You're ready to record video.

That's all you need. You don' t have to change anything in the vdj codecs, the registry tool will do that for you.

geposted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 11:48 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
VirtualDJ v7.0 now includes a codec selector so it's useless to use Registry Tool.

In fact, most of the codec needs a texture size having a power of 2 (it's the case for DivX even for size higher than 320x240) so if you are in window mode, be sure to check this condition.

geposted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 2:55 pm
djcel wrote :
VirtualDJ v7.0 now includes a codec selector so it's useless to use Registry Tool.

In fact, most of the codec needs a texture size having a power of 2 (it's the case for DivX even for size higher than 320x240) so if you are in window mode, be sure to check this condition.

What????

geposted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 8:29 pm
yeah... need a compass and a GPS unit on that one too.

can we have that again?

geposted Mon 25 Oct 10 @ 9:05 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
djcel wrote :

What????

i second...

geposted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 11:12 pm
Just hit the Record tab then Config and there it is...................you guys are makin this to hard, lol!

Huey

geposted Tue 26 Oct 10 @ 11:35 pm
Just tried to select codec and VDJ crashed. If not changing codec I get Video codec error. Using Windows7 64bit.

geposted Wed 27 Oct 10 @ 2:26 am
djcel wrote :

Ok so i tried this and i can record, however, video quality is very low and after about the 10 second mark the video starts to fall behind, and at the end of the file the audio is finished and the video is still going.....

Tried to play around with the settings but i can only get this (what i mentioned above), only after i reset the codec settings to default.

Any idea where to go next?

geposted Wed 27 Oct 10 @ 11:03 pm
famol99PRO InfinityMember since 2004
i am trying this out too..under record config click choose button then >configure i have my quality on one which is ok but the video is not smooth..i noticed if i reduce the quality to 2 or less the video and sound is more is sync however the video quality gets worse the higher u go..so i am thinking it might be a hardware issue..vdj recommends a dual core 3ghz pc for video i am using a dual 2 ghz..because of that i cant realy mix hd video as the video is not smooth..so i would like to believe the same applies to recording..so i am planning to upgrade to a 3ghz pc soon

make sure u install DIVx or Xvid codec no need for registry tool didnt work for me..by the way if u go to help on this site they have instructions on how to setup vdj to record..just search

geposted Thu 02 Dec 10 @ 7:52 pm
I haven't tried to record a vid mix with Ver 7 because I could never do it with any previous version. I got an external dongle & use Power director to record my vid mixes & can adjust everything within that to get what I want, vid size, audio quality etc.

But will give it one more try just for giggles.

geposted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 2:49 am
this worked for me finally i have recorded up to 14 minutes with no problem, i have not tried it longer than that...this is on vdj7 i dont have much time to mess around with it since its on the clubs computer..i wish i had a copy of it to work with it more..anyways this is the settings i use

1. click on record
2. click on config
3. click on "choose" and select the "ffdshow video codecs" codecs (if you dont have ffdshow video codecs google them they are free)
4. on that same window where you selected the codecs, click on configure..(a ffdshow video configuration window should pop up)
5. click on the bottom left of ffdshow video configuration window where it says "presets"
6. select "load all and choose whatever type you use..im in America so we use NTSC so i use "libavcodec DVD NTSC" and i dont change anything else.
7. the video size depends on how big you make the output video window...if you leave it stocked then your video size will record at 320 x 240,
if you resize it then it will record according to whatever size you make it.

the only problem i encountered "and this is my computers problem" is that i use dual monitors 1 for vdj and the 2nd for the video output, so the video recording want to record at 720p and so vdj crashes.....this reason is because my computers video card cant handle that frame size for recording.

anyways i hope this helps and if it does hope to see all your videos mixes on youtube!

geposted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 6:35 am

geposted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 7:15 am
Hi guys, I'm using VDJ 7 with a Hercules RMX on a Comaq CQ-61 laptop(not even a dual core).I wasn't even interested in video mixing until I saw a fellow Dj performing live. I got hooked. After doing my research in the forums this is what I did to get it to work. Now keep in mind I never even tried it before. I tried to record with the installed codecs and it recorded, but the video was fuzzy. I went and downloaded the Divx 7 codec pack and reopened VDJ 7. Clicked on the record tab and selected the Divx decoder, config just to check the settings. I don't think I changed anything after that. Make sure you link your video crossfader with the audio crossfader. Make sure Video is activated in the options tab and Video Window is CHECKED. Load your song and hit record. I did a couple of test records for about 5 mins just to check my settings.The Video and sound is crisp and in snyc with no problems, I eventually did a 30 min mix of Soulful House. Not bad either if I must say so my self. I'm not a computer genius by any means, so if I can do it in 45 minutes... Anybody should if they desire.

geposted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 9:43 am
I try Everything "When I record video using My VD7, the sound and video quality of the recorded videos seem to be very bad.bad,bad.Somebody do Something PLEASEE...!!!!

geposted Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 8:45 pm
here is what i finally did after 9 hours of messing with different codecs...

I have White Macbook, like old one... Used to have Windos 7, removed it and installed Windows XP. Installed all the updates (SP3), installed VDJ7 Pro and xvid codecs NOT divx! I used Numark NS7FX for controller and under video settings selcted UNCOMPRESSED codec for better quality or xvid for smoothness. I also use videos from premium subscription from VDJ. It recorded fine... But when I tried to play it back using VLC player video was fine but audio was crap! So I opened exact same recording in windows media player (ver 12. i think) and it worked JUST FINE!

Bottom line (in my opinion) all you need is to install k-lite codecs (for playback in Windows Media Player), xvid (NOT Divx for recording), and Windows Media Player! Hope it helped you guys.... I feel your pain.... 9 HOURS.... Great feeling when I finally got it to work.... ;)

geposted Mon 21 Feb 11 @ 8:31 pm
87%