Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HOW DO I USE MY HEADPHONES WHEN THE HEADPHONE OUTPUT IS BEING USED TO CONNECT LAPTOP TO A MIXER??? HELP??

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi Guys

Im using the headphone output to connect my laptop to a mixer to do a dj set through a PA system, How do I use my headphones for cueing up tracks when the headphone socket is in use as an output???

Please Help!!!!

Ben

geposted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 8:59 am
khookPRO InfinityMember since 2008
youre gonna have to get a mixer with a headphone jack in it. but youre not gonna be able to preview unless youre running 2 sound cards and 2 channels into and out of your mixer. You can then preview on 1 player while the other is playing your music. Just like having 2 seperate CD players, you can't preview with just 1.

geposted Wed 15 Dec 10 @ 10:26 pm
To be able to pre-listen to music using headphones, you will either need two sound cards or a sound card with multiple outputs, such as a 5.1 surround sound card or preferably a dedicated DJ sound card (E.g: Numark DJIO or Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ.) With a laptop, you can add a USB stick sound card that will provide you with the additional output that you need.

Alternatively, you can use a single sound card and the mono split option in VirtualDJ's sound setup, however this will only give you MONO sound. You will need a splitter cable to split the left/right channels - Please search Google for: 3.5 jack splitter to mono

Once you have suitable sound card(s), you will then need to go into VirtualDJ CONFIG -> Sound Settings and choose Outputs: Headphones and select the appropriate sound card(s).

NOTE: In Home FREE, sound card options are limited. You will need a 5.1 card built into your computer to be able to headphone pre-listen, or use the MONO split option. For more advanced sound configuration, such as two separate cards or an external DJ sound card, you will need to purchase either VirtualDJ Basic or VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

To choose which deck to pre-listen to, press the TAB key or click PFL button on the skin. Use the crossfader and/or volume sliders to control which deck is output live over the master outputs.

geposted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 6:40 am

geposted Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 4:31 pm
I Like DJIO from numark. I have 2 laptops and i have a DJIO in each laptop bag.

geposted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 2:08 pm
Yes, that should work OK for headphone pre-listening in Home FREE - Your laptop's sound card would be used for master output and that card would be used for headphones (Plug them into the USB card.)

If you wish to headphone pre-listen from the mixer itself, with the left and right decks output separately to two channels on the mixer, then you will need VirtualDJ Basic or Pro http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html and a 2 out DJ sound such as Numark DJIO.

VirtualDJ Home FREE does not support separate deck outputs to an external DJ mixer.

geposted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 2:34 pm
I got a beats audio hp laptop with two headphone jack i was wondering if i can play a song on my speakers and review another song on my headphone with virtual dj but without interrupt the song on the speakers

geposted Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 5:58 pm
It may have two headphone sockets, but they're probably both running from the same stereo output - so not two separate sound cards.

I suggest you read the manual / check the spec of the computer. If it really does have two sound cards, it should say.

geposted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 5:20 am
Home FREE is limited software and only supports the following configurations for pre-listening to music using headphones:

(1) If you are using a desktop computer with a 4.1, 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 surround sound card built-in, you can use the front and rear outputs of this for master and headphones. Plug stereo amplified speakers into the front output socket and a pair of headphones into the rear output socket.

NOTE: Most laptops only have a single headphone output (Or in some cases two outputs that output the same audio signal, so are unsuitable for headphone pre-listening in VirtualDJ.)

(2) If you are using a laptop (Or desktop with stereo sound card), you can add a basic stereo USB sound card for the headphone output. Your computer's built-in sound card will be used for the master output and the USB card for your headphones (Plug your headphones into the USB card.)

(3) You can use the sound card built into your laptop and the mono separated option, however this will only give you MONO sound and is not ideal or recommended for live performance. You will need a splitter cable to split the left/right channels - Please search Google for: 3.5 jack splitter to mono - Plug your headphones into one of side of the splitter (You will need an appropriate adaptor for this) and plug the other into your amp, speakers or mixer.

To choose which deck to pre-listen to, press the TAB key or click PFL button on the skin. Use the crossfader and/or volume sliders to control which deck is output live over the master outputs.

For more advanced sound configuration such as using two sound cards or multi-channel external DJ sound cards, you will need to purchase a VirtualDJ product such as VirtualDJ Basic or the full Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Advanced sound configuration and other Pro features such as MIDI controllers can be tried out for 10 minutes at a time, after which the software will revert back to free limited.

NOTE: VirtualDJ Home FREE is for non-commercial home use only using your mouse and keyboard to mix. It cannot be used at DJ gigs where you are being paid.

For live performance, VirtualDJ Basic or the full Professional with a dedicated multi-channel sound card designed for DJ use is strongly recommended, such as Numark DJIO, Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ, etc.

geposted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 6:33 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009

geposted Wed 27 Jul 11 @ 5:19 am

geposted Fri 16 Sep 11 @ 3:01 pm

geposted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 12:26 pm
dizzie11 wrote :
Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone know if BlueLite's guide here refer's to the home edition or the pro edition? - http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/Blulite/blogs/4511/Headphone_Setup_and_Usage_Guide.html

I think it's for Pro users....
Because i think you can't change so many settings when NOT using Pro version.

dizzie11 wrote :
If PM'ing is allowed here, I must be too young..

Abillity to PM or not, has nothing to do with age :)
PM's are only allowed for Limited Edition Users, or PRO Users. ;)

geposted Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 3:41 pm
Hello i have a laptop a numark m4 mixer dj io and a reciever i want to hhok everything up mix using the mixer and headphones

geposted Wed 11 Apr 12 @ 1:44 pm
Sorry to jump into this forum, but I have a question about prelistening tracks on Homefree. I'm using a laptop with a stereo USB sound card for the headphone output. It works for 10 to 20 min before defaulting back to basic limited.

Is this sound configuration set to work for only 10 minutes at a time, like the other advanced configurations?

geposted Sat 19 May 12 @ 12:00 am
if I buy the numark dj io do I also need a controller? or do I simply use the numark for headphone use and the on board sound card for my main speaker out?

geposted Fri 02 Jun 17 @ 1:45 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)