Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual Folders

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

We use Virrtual Dj Pro on the house computer at the club i work in. They are looking to upgrade to a new computer and i am wondering if there is a way to save and transfer the virtual folders we already have onto the new computer. It took a long time to set them all up for use and id hate to have to do it again.

geposted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 7:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Virtual Folders are part of the xml VDJ database file. So copying (backup, transfering) that file, saves the Virtual Folders too.

geposted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 8:43 pm
Simply copy across My Documents\VirtualDJ from the old computer to the new.

Also, if the music is on the internal hard disk, copy it across to the same location on the new computer with the same folder structure, e.g: If it was in C:\Music on the old computer, it needs to be in C:\Music on the new one.

geposted Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 1:46 pm
All the music is on external HD's so that wont be an issue. So to be clear, when i install VDJ on the new computer, i just copy the VDJ folder in my documents on the original computer and re write it over the one on the new computer?

geposted Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 12:49 am
If you are using external drives only, then the database(s) will be on the external drive(s) themselves and will be available on any computer running VirtualDJ that you them into.

The local database database on an external hard disk contains track information such as comments, BPM, ratings, etc. and also virtual folders for all songs that are on that drive.

Filter folders are stored in the main database in My Documents\VirtualDJ. If you use playlists, you will need to copy these across manually, and ensure that the external drives have the same drive letter as they did on the old computer (Playlists are drive/path specific.)

IMPORTANT: You should backup your database on a regular basis if the information contained in it is important to you. If using external drives, you should also backup the database found at the root of each drive. Also, please ensure that you backup your entire music collection.

geposted Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 12:35 pm
I have a similar question regarding virtual folders. I use a PC mainly and back up all my files and music to an external drive. I have a lot of playlists and virtual folders set up on my pc. I'd like to play my music at a friend's house who uses vdj pro using my external drive. I can browse to my songs but is it possible to also carry my virtual folders along as well? I can batch rename the path from C:/ to E:/ (or whatever drive letter I need) but how would I see my virtual folders on another person's PC?

geposted Tue 11 Jan 11 @ 9:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
VirtualFolders are stored in the xml Database. So your external HD which carries the Database, will carry all your VirtualFolders.
However your playlists are usually stored in the MyDocuments/VirtualDJ folder. MAke sure you copy them to Ext.HD (if not already there) and also assign the same Drive letter in the other computer as playlists are path sensitive.

geposted Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 4:14 pm
Does the name of the parent folder that all the music is stored in have to be the same, i.e. it was on "00DJ Recordcase", transfered onto another machine and called "00VJ Recordcase"

The reson I have different named parent folders is so I know which parent folder I'm transfering to/from when I make my backups, (say for example I back my music up on one external HD into a folder called "WD Recordcase" and then again onto another external HD called "PB Recordcase")

I've just moved from a 00DJ using version 5 pro to a 00VJ using version 7 pro, and desperately want my virtual folders, 4 years in the making!!

geposted Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 9:04 pm
Yes, the path needs to be exactly the same with the same folder structure, e.g: If it was C:\00DJ Record Case on the old computer, it needs to be C:\00DJ Record Case on the new.

However, you can make a copy of your database file (My Documents\VirtualDJ\VirtualDJ Database v6 and then open it in a text editor. Use search and replace to replace the old path with the new path. Make sure you do this on a copy of the database in case you make a mistake.

geposted Sat 06 Aug 11 @ 12:47 pm
i want to make a folder and i cant sometimes i break down and throws tantrums p.s i'm 12yrs old

geposted Tue 27 Mar 12 @ 7:46 pm
My question is I have two drives that have already been scanned for bpm and time etc... i want ti combine them to one drive. How do I do this so I do not have to rescan the music again and combine xml files? Thanks.

geposted Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 11:41 am
Consolidation of my SSD on my Mac... Moving my downloaded files to a Thunderbolt external... Curious how to not mess up my virtual folder file connections.

Can I copy my downloaded file to the new external... Including the .xml file in the folder, will this keep the virtual folders working?

I would be moving a folder from my desktop to the external... Inserted into my archive... Drive path changes aren't an option... Because it would ruin the links for the rest of my archive.

geposted Fri 15 Apr 16 @ 11:11 pm
HAVVOKHome userMember since 2011
$$ Hii .. i jus Didnt Want to Try this Bfr I Asked.. So no one be annoyed that i didnt try . I JUS WANT CLARIFICATION...
SO...Im a Dj @ A "Radio Staion" & I PLAY @ PARTIES!! $$ i Wanna start using "Virtul Folders".... So ??
"is it possible to Add Folders frm my normal song base into Virtual Folders in da same oder n then edit out songs i dnt want in there from them ?"
CUZ I WANT A CLEAN SET OF SONGS N DIRTY.. BUT IN SAME ORDER?? $$

geposted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 8:25 pm
What's wrong with your keyboard?

geposted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 8:31 pm
HAVVOKHome userMember since 2011
$$ If u mean me !! Nothing @ all but its too much of a hassel to be searchin frm a entire base fr clean songs all da time .id like to know i cn just select n play freely instead of bent n typing .. $$

geposted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 9:29 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Yes You can, just create a blank virtual folder first, then click on the folder with the songs you want to migrate. Highlight all the songs you want to add in your browser, then just left click and drag into your newly created Vir. folder and that's it, your done..

geposted Thu 06 Oct 16 @ 9:36 pm
czhorsePRO InfinityMember since 2005
I have a backup PC along with my main PC. Both run newest version of VDJ 7. Both have the same drive names / file paths. Recently I had an issue with my main PC. One night, all the sudden, it would not search result files that were in my folders. They were there when I scrolled down the folder. But would not come up when I searched for them. After trying the "Fix Database" option in settings with failure, I replaced the database on my (main PC) music drives with the XML Database from my backup PC. It all seemed fine. All my files seem to now show up in search results. However I now had lost many songs from my Virtual Folders that had been added on my main PC, but not the backup PC. I still have the old (search problem) database XML, as I backed it up to a desktop folder before replacing it.
Question: Is there a way to fix the old database so the search result problem is fixed? Or alternatively, is there a way to add the virtual folder information from the old database to the new one?
Thanks,
~B~

geposted Sun 02 Apr 17 @ 2:15 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)