Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml) Solved - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

For all skin developers out there with the frustration of error at line 0, i have a few solutions. The most common error is that the xml file isn't a valid xml file due to coding. An example of this would be <button action="deck 1 play'><pos x="34" y="76"/><size width="32" height="32"/></button>. This is invalid because Action="deck 1 play' ends with a ' symbol instead of the dialogue ". Another example would be <button action="deck 1 play"><pos x="34" y="76"/><size width="32" height="32"/><button>. Because instead of closing the first "button" element, you opened up another one. To solve this just add a / so that it ends up as <button action="deck 1 play"><pos x="34" y="76"/><size width="32" height="32"/></button>. Try using a professional xml editor.They usually catch these errors. I recommend using First Object XML Editor. Another thing would be the logo. The logo's minimum size is 100x25 but Dj-In-Norway recommends it to be 177x43, anything below 100x25 will generate an Invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml). I hope this helps to all skin developers who have this frustration, (because i did and when i researched, the internet gave me BS, and i had to figure this out myself).

geposted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 1:18 pm
Another three situations where you can get this error when opening VDj and you cant access it due to the error. This is usually because:
a.) there is no skin in your Documents\VirtualDj\Skins folder
b.) the skin Virtual Dj was last programmed to used was deleted or moved aka it doesn't exist anymore but VDJ is still programmed to use it
c.) The skin you are trying to use is corrupt.

If you cant access VDJ because of any of these errors, you must have a proper skin in your Documents\VirtualDj\Skins folder, then go to the registry editor and go to HKEY_Current_User\Software\VirtualDj and double click the "Skin" Reg_SZ and change the value data as the following

Name Of Zip File skin is in: Name of skin you want to use

if in the case that your skin is NOT in a zip file then just change it to the name of the skin. If you have a Mac, i don't know how to help you.

geposted Fri 31 Dec 10 @ 12:25 pm
Hey KillaDJ,

Thanks for the info, you've put me on the right track to get my VirtualDJ working without the invalid skin file error.

What happened:
- When I install virtual DJ on my new windows 7 laptop it didn't create the virtualDJ folder in my documents, instead in created a folder %USERPROFILE% in the same folder as I got the software installation executable in.

Everytime I tried to run VirtualDJ I got the "invalid skin file" error in line 0.

What did I do to solve it:
1. Copy the VirtualDJ folder (inside the %USERPROFILE% folder) including all subfolders to the My Documents folder on my Laptop
2. Checked the registry and changed the Keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> VirtualDJ set the Hkey HomeFolder (there were 2 of them) to the path of the My documents folder mentioned in 1. (this looks like C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\VirtualDJ
3. Checked the registry and changed the Keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> SOFTWARE -> VirtualDJ
set all the Hkey that mention the Documents folder to the correct path. (this looks like C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\VirtualDJ
set the Hkey Skin as you mention to the correct value C:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\VirtualDJ\Skins\VirtualDJ.zip

The above worked for me, I can finally start to use Virtual DJ on my new laptop.

Cheers,

Andy

geposted Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 3:00 pm
@AndyVercauteren I never actually saw that home folder in the registry, but thatnks for the info! If any one else has problems which i had not stated above, just add to this thread and hopefully i or another expert will answer you! Moderators please keep this thread open for eternity since everyone will be coming over for this extremely common error.

geposted Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 3:59 pm
Very Good "Killa"!You've proven you know what needs to be known about this.....funny.. being getting the error after Resizing Touchdan's "Ultimate" skin to 1280x800 and just thought it might be when a skin its way larger (as in this case)but now I see it can be a few things....will check it out..good job,very informative ....

geposted Mon 24 Jan 11 @ 2:15 pm
@thetracker510 thanks for the compliment. I felt this post needed to be put since the internet has no info whatsoever on this error, and forums just have more people complaining about this error and no help at all. Also the re-size might have made the logo too small, which is one of my reasons for generating this error. Another thing might be invalid xml coding done by the re-sizer, so open up the xml document with internet explorer and see whats up. Other than that i have no other suggestion.

geposted Mon 24 Jan 11 @ 3:27 pm
Having to do something else right now but yeah..the logo its my bet.

geposted Mon 24 Jan 11 @ 7:12 pm
O.k. logo 100x25 did'nt get rid of error and i cant find that sucker.could it be that the skin's 440x900 size its too large & cant be changed to 1280x800 period?

geposted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 9:50 pm
Ha,ha...Oh Yeah!!! got that sucker (Resized Blacksheep Ultimate) fixed!!!! now here's what I did.After tons of trys i took a deep breath,opened it in Skin creator,hit "XML" then check for errors,all the while opening the original size xml version which is 1440x900 that opens in my 1280x800 but we dont want that (when you minimize it gets stuck and wont open again among other things)cause the resolution its to high) then compared notes with what the skin creator's error check had found (something that someone told me was useless but I knew better)and in the bottom of the list of "missing < >" which can be disregarded since it really dont mean anything (its the method of Scriping) ,was a " missing in line 2 thousand something.the fact that was the only different miss quoted code told me this is it...and yes that new 1280x800 version of Master skinner touchdan's Last project has finally found Home in my Lappy...Thanks to the both of yous,and hope thats some help to others..

geposted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 10:37 pm
rsheridHome userMember since 2008
Did we ever get this figured out? I just updated to Virtual DJ HOME and I got this "Error Line" message. I've never messed with the skins in the past so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

geposted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 6:52 am
I solved the problem myself. This is because virtual dj is not compatible with Windows 7. That's what I noticed in my case.

I am as a method to solve the problem
1. Right click on the icon of Virtual DJ
2. Click on: Resolve compatibility
3. A window opens and it detects the problem
4. Choose the first choice recommended settings Isaiah
5. The program proposes to try the opening made on!
6. Virtual DJ should now run without problem

Thanks
Mickael

geposted Tue 01 Mar 11 @ 8:05 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You are incorrect - VirtualDJ is compatible with Windows 7 and does not need to run in compatibility mode.

It's more likely to be a problem with your system I'm afraid.

geposted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 2:31 pm
@mickael9766 im afraid you are nowhere near the solution, the error almost always pops up due to incorrect coding. check your windows 7, it might not be legal or something.

geposted Wed 02 Mar 11 @ 7:02 pm
ok i get what you guys are saying... but umm where the heck is the registry editor?

geposted Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 1:13 am
on windows, hold the windows key+R and type REGEDIT, and press enter. Voala, the registry editor

note, messing with the registry inappropriately can destroy your computer.

geposted Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 6:31 pm
Oh,oh "Error on line O" with no solution in my most wanted place...

geposted Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 8:53 am
I've got the same problem. I have an Mac and I've just started Virtual Dj. Then there was this skin error. I don't know what to do know. Please help me

geposted Wed 27 Apr 11 @ 3:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Probably during 20 days Trial you installed a different skin.

Please
Delete the following file: MacintoshHD -> Users/YOURNAME/Library/Preferences/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist
and install your VirtualDJ LE version again.

geposted Wed 27 Apr 11 @ 8:33 pm
sonofjcHome userMember since 2010
Try this : Go to start then type System restore...then restore your computer...

geposted Fri 06 May 11 @ 6:40 pm
Yes, this would be the last solution. But I first want it to get started without restore my MAC.
I can't find any file like this in my MACINTOSH HD.

geposted Sun 22 May 11 @ 5:10 am
74%