Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON DN-MC6000 - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the denon dn-mc6000, and the problem im having is any time i turn the EFX1 knob, my screen friezes for 3 to 4 seconds on small turns like, turning the knob to move from efx to efx, causes a 3 to 4 second freeze on my screen. if i turn the knob fast, well forget it, vdj stops working for 10 seconds and then recovers. if i turn the EFX1 knob back and fourth say 3 to 4 time from extreme left to right vdj and the controller the DN-mc6000 stops working and does not recover. ive installed the new firm wear, been tryig everything I could think of. ive ajusted the asio drive for denon dj. and Ive adjusted the latency in the performances page so many ways and times im now forgetting all the settings Ive tried. Ive tryed, with safe mode, with out safe mode. nothing is making it better. I'm not getting anywhere. can someone please help.

i ALSO ADJUSTED THE MS IN THE CONTROLLER FROM 4MS TO 10MS AS SUGGESTED TO DO FOR FREEZING PROBLEMS ON THE DENON DJ VIDEO FOR FREEZING. nothing as yet helps.

RALPH

geposted Mon 02 May 11 @ 9:44 am
Sounds like an issue with your PC. There's nothing in the MC6000 midi or the Asio driver I can think that would cause a problem like this.

Download a latency checker tool and see if there are any issues, something is definitely slowing down your PC

Keith

geposted Mon 02 May 11 @ 2:59 pm
BraenzuPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2007
do you have installed the firmware update 1006?

Braenzu

geposted Mon 02 May 11 @ 3:29 pm
rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hey everyone, thanks, it ended up being a combo of things, a setting in windows 7, the areo thing being on and i didnt know it, a couple of wrong settings. i still have something running behind the seances but now at least i can try this at a gig. i think i got it.

i have three more questions. if EFX is the choose EFX what do you do to choose a sample you want to use. i can adjust volume of the sample but i cant pick the sample i want to use. unless its the 1 of 4 in the sample section.

(second). what setting do i change to have my video and sound move together when doing an auto fade form one video to the other. so like an auto fade? ex. say i'm playing a video in player a, i start a video in b then click on players b video box and it fades to that video, how do i get the audio to move with it.

(Third): Is there a way the change this next one. while playing videos, the channel fader now becomes the brightness control. boy i don't like that.

so these are my 3 questions for the day.
thanks everyone

geposted Mon 02 May 11 @ 5:32 pm
can you explain all the things you did to fix your freezing issue?

geposted Sat 07 May 11 @ 12:27 pm
1) Press the SAMPLER button in the middle of the MC6000. You can now use the parameter knob in the middle of the MC6000 to choose samples (Press the knob to start/stop them playing.)

2) Assuming that you use the MC6000 in PC MIX mode, map a button you don't use or a keyboard shortcut to the action mix_now - Or use a custom skin that has a MIX NOW button. See http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4149/VDJscript_Mapping.html for basic mapping instructions.

3) Go to CONFIG -> Video and turn off the fade to black option.

geposted Sat 07 May 11 @ 12:48 pm
freezing problem seem to be getting worst, using VDJ with the Denon DN-MC6000, really like the software and controller but this freezing is madding. Have the lastest firmware from Denon and the lastest VDJ update.

I am using a Toshiba Tecra M10, Windows 7, Intel i7 2.6 and 8 gig of ram, I have the Denon connected via USB 2, I have the computer set to best performance and have tried the Denon in different MS and does not seem to matter.

Can anyone offer additional suggestions on how to get rid of this freezing problem.

geposted Thu 02 Jun 11 @ 10:13 pm
my dn-mc6K midi controller just stop working the asio still works i can play songs n i can hear them in my headphones but the knobs, play buttons faders and jog wheels doesn't work.

geposted Thu 02 Jun 11 @ 10:24 pm
Are you using Windows Vista?

If so, make sure that you have adjusted the jogwheel sensitivity as instructed in the firmware upgrade document.

Unfortunately MIDI support in Vista itself has a bug which will cause the driver of a MIDI device to crash and stop responding if too many MIDI messages are transmitted in one go (E.g: Excessive scratching or spinning of the jogwheels.)

The best solution is to upgrade to Windows 7 which does not have this problem. Windows 7 will also give you considerably improved system performance over Vista, which is a very 'bloated' and resource-hungry Operating System.

geposted Fri 03 Jun 11 @ 3:56 am
Dang, I was with tech support chat for hours and no one could find the problem. I have no idea what happened. My computers never done something like this EVER!! I doesn't make sense, I was djing a week ago killing the crowds and now I have $800 sound card. It’s weird the master, booth and headphones audio works but the midi itself won’t work. The DN-MC6K is SICK but I had to be the ONE in million. I have a windows vista 32-bit system so I know I don't have the horrible problems that vista 64-bit users had. (This why they made windows 7) I'll revolve this issues soon enough and I'll post happier thoughts when I fix this problem; so anyone reading this should know the DN-MC6K is one of the best midi controllers out on the market. I'm just bummed I had to cancel on a gig and I haven't done that in 4 years. Tech support is great and I know they won’t leave me to burn; it’s just a weird and VERY rare case that can be resolved. ;)

geposted Sat 04 Jun 11 @ 1:29 pm
Both Vista 32-bit and 64-bit have buggy MIDI support. We'd strongly recommend upgrading to Windows 7.

However, the MC6000 should work OK with the jogwheel adjustments described in the firmware update instructions.

NOTE: You should always have some sort of backup solution ready to go.

geposted Sat 04 Jun 11 @ 1:39 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
bender: you may have changed the midi channel, I had the same problem. Just try to hold SHIFT button and press BROWSE button. Does it help?

geposted Mon 06 Jun 11 @ 6:31 pm
It’s cool I fixed it. I called denon and they told me how to reset the mc6K and I do have my back up it's an Omni control. your right I should upgrade to win7 but I just bought 1,400 worth of dj gear (including VDJPRO) in one week so cash is kind of tight you understand but anyways what happened was somehow I or the chat room tech (most likely me) accidentally switched the asio with the midi interface, big problem if you don't know or remember what settings you adjusted but it's cool now. If anyone has a problem with their DN-MC6000 and want to reset their controller just hold SHIFT+ BROWSE button at the same time, power up the unit the cue1 will light and bam! It’s reset and ready to go. Turn on VDJ and start mixing :) denon also recommends downloading midi-ox to even see if your midi controller sends a signal (http://www.midiox.com/). When I was talking the techs at denon they said you don't have to download the firmware if the controller is working fine but it does make it better. Like it’s always good to upgrade your hard drive to a bigger one, but you don’t have to do it. So bottom line VDJ Chat techs and DENON DJ techs are great they do everything to help you find the problem. Like wrote before in the forum I was the one in a million but the problem was fixable.

geposted Mon 06 Jun 11 @ 7:11 pm
jaakko wrote :
bender: you may have changed the midi channel, I had the same problem. Just try to hold SHIFT button and press BROWSE button. Does it help?

thanks bro i got it fixed :)

geposted Mon 06 Jun 11 @ 7:12 pm
Hope i can get some help!
Mic 1 & 2 sound very distorted and when i turned the eq mid button on mic 2 multiple config menu pop and i get an error message "virtual dj has stopped working, windows is checking for a solution".

geposted Wed 22 Jun 11 @ 8:03 am
Hi,
I have problem with LOAD_B button - dont't load track to right deck! I must remapping another button (sync - i copied comand for load_b button).
Please help me.

Thomas

Denon DN-MC6000, Virtual DJ Pro 7.0.342

geposted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 4:01 am
This is caused by running an out-of-date version of the software.

Please register your Pro serial number on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then upgrade to the latest VirtualDJ Pro v7.0.4: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Or if you have not purchased the software yet, try it out first in Home FREE http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html for 10 minutes at a time and then purchase the full VirtualDJ Pro from http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

If your MC6000 came with VirtualDJ LE then you can upgrade to the full Pro at a considerable discount.

geposted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 7:13 am
agmdPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Guys,

Can you please let me know how to reset the MC6000? I'm having a problem where te EFX1 doesn't work (no midi message sent). I can't be 100% sure, but it could have happened after the firmare upgrade. Wondering if a hard reset, if that feature exists, could fit it, otherwise - I'd also like to try and revert the firmware but I can't find a previous version either.

Thanks!

Chris

geposted Sun 19 Feb 12 @ 4:57 am
In VDJ you can reset the mapping by going configuration> mappers then at the bottom there is an icon like a disc. Right click then select to set mapper back to default.

As far as the unit is concerned, I don't think there is a hard reset, would just be a case of reinstalling the latest FW on top of what's already there.

Try the mapper reset first and see if that fixes the problem.

Keith

geposted Sun 19 Feb 12 @ 10:38 am
HELLO GUYS I GOT THE DENON DN-MC6000 MY PC HAS A LOT OF VIRUS I CLEAN IT UP BUT NOW I'M TRYING TO RE-INSTALL MY VIRTUAL DJ BUT I LOOSE THE DISH COVER IT HAS THE SERIAL NUMBER ON IT SO WHAT CAN U DO FOR ME GUYS CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE I JUST NEED THE SERIAL NUMBER PLEASE

geposted Sat 14 Apr 12 @ 8:16 am
57%