Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon MC6000 + Timecode - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hi everyone!

I recently bought a Denon MC6000 and I am really happy with it.

What I want to do is hook up some technics and use 2 decks for the vinyl timecodes and the other 2 decks for the virtual dj.

Does anyone know how to do this? If so can you tell me how?

I already searched through all the virtual dj forum and I didn't find anything so thats why i'm opening this thread.

EDIT: I know I will have to buy the Pro version for this, but before buying it I really want to be sure i will be able to use vinyl timecodes with my Denon MC6000 and Virtual DJ

Thank you very much!

geposted Sun 03 Jul 11 @ 8:54 pm
I don't think the MC6000 supports timecode at all. Sort of defeats the purpose of the controller being an all in one MIDI unit.

Have a look on the Denon support forums for more info.

Keith

geposted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 2:05 am
Yeah thats why I think too, but I heard that it can be done using another soundcard or something like that and thats why im so confused because I don't know what "something like that" is or how to use it.

geposted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 2:15 am
So I contacted this guy from a famous dj website and he replied back saying:

"What's good!

Yes, you need a soundcard...You need one that can work with timecode meaning an Audio 4 or better. Or you can get the Numark setup that they have or the Serato SL series if you want Serato. It's not cheap, but it does work in the end. I had it running with the audio 4 and Traktor 2 nicely."

So perfect it looks like I might get the Audio 6 but does anyone know how do I connect this to the Denon MC6000? and if I need any extra cables?

geposted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 9:56 am
The mc 6000 is your sound card. The two line inputs on the back are for your turntables/CDJ. You want tables I believe, so plug them in and use the ground terminal and flip the switch to phono. Then go into your preferences and select time code. That should be it.

geposted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 11:02 am
Yeah thats what I thought but it looks like Denon MC6000 internal soundcard doesn't let timecode signal go in

geposted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 11:39 am
Yeah it looks that way. you will need a separate interface. Well I was actually in the market for the mc6000. I like that it is a hardware mixer bc of the back up factor in case your laptop goes down. The time code issue sucks! It's already a pricey piece of gear to have to get a separate interface.

geposted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 12:12 pm
I know! I was really dissapointed with this Timecode issue but at least there is a solution. If I use an externar interface will I lose any function that I have with the MC6000? And what would I need to hook it up? Thank you very much

geposted Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 12:22 pm
Por desgracia, la DN-MC6000 no es compatible con la entrada de código de tiempo. Para la configuración de VDJ, puede ver nuestro video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrYl-ZC2olY, pero como se mencionó anteriormente, no es compatible con la entrada de código de tiempo.
eso me dijo el soporte de dennon
Unfortunately, the DN-MC6000 does not support timecode input. For VDJ setup, you may watch our video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrYl-ZC2olY, but as previously mentioned it does not support timecode input.

100 puntos para atras que mal dennon que mal

Si tiene alguna pregunta adicional, por favor no dude en llamarnos.

geposted Mon 12 Sep 11 @ 11:50 am
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only. Please post in English only. If you wish to post in your own language, please use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums

geposted Mon 12 Sep 11 @ 11:55 am
estaba queriendo adquirir 2 mkII para usarlas con time code y mi denon 6000, iva a hacer la prueba antes con los CD de time code para ver si andan, entre en los foros y veo que hay gente que dice que anda y otra que dice que no. Quien probo la 6000 con timecode vinil

[Please post English language messages in this forum only]

geposted Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 2:24 pm
Yo JP, I quess he didn't unmderstand.

geposted Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 3:04 pm
So the whole no timecode support, is this a firmware thing or would it need to be redesigned?? I'm no controller expert or programmer,lol!!
Kinda thinkin about getting on but that's kinda giving me doubts about getting it.

Thanks for the info
Huey

geposted Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 9:47 pm
I was just going to buy this, this weekend but I want time code!

geposted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 1:31 am
People are missing the point .... the MC-6000 has been designed as a midi controller with standalone mixer. It was not meant to support timecode CD or vinyl as it already controls relevant software by midi.

Other controllers do support TC like the VMS4, so if you really need that functionality then the Denon is not for you.

Keith

geposted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 3:35 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Or use it in conjunction with another audio interface.

geposted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 3:45 am
kradcliffe wrote :
People are missing the point .... the MC-6000 has been designed as a midi controller with standalone mixer.

No I think you and Denon are missing the point..........

kradcliffe wrote :
It was not meant to support timecode CD or vinyl as it already controls relevant software by midi.

Well it could do both............

kradcliffe wrote :
Other controllers do support TC like the VMS4, so if you really need that functionality then the Denon is not for you.

We dont want those other controllers, we want TC support with the MC-6000.............

bagpuss wrote :
Or use it in conjunction with another audio interface.

And that kinda defeats the purpose.........I dont want to lug around another peice of gear..........

And yes I know this isnt the place to tell Denon but your points are weak. And just look at all the people asking for this on their forums, Im sure it'll be changed in the future.

Good Day
Huey

geposted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 7:27 am
I have never ever used timecode and just don't see the point of it at all. Why play CD's from a seperate unit when the controller does exactly the same thing itself. Why use decks and vinyl to achieve a similar result of playing MP3 files?

If you want vinyl then play vinyl from a record .....

Keith

geposted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 7:40 am
Exactly!

Time code is a bodge.

It was thought up to enable old tech (turntables) to control new tech (computers), because some DJs were too stuck in their ways to move from turntables to a dedicated controller - and there were fewer controllers around then anyway.

Now, there's a HUGE choice of controllers - and you can even have them custom made.

You plug them in and they control the software - job done.

The only ones who really still need to use turntables are the wiki wiki scratchy cutty juggly guys who are more performers than DJs.

geposted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 9:41 am
So which is it,

groovindj wrote :
DJs were too stuck in their ways

OR

groovindj wrote :
The only ones who really still need to use turntables are the wiki wiki scratchy cutty juggly

You cant have it both ways............and you prove my point as to why we still need timecode support......refer to your 2nd quote..........there isnt one out there that does the job well enough when using VDJ.

Next
Huey

geposted Wed 28 Sep 11 @ 10:35 am
87%