Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ 8. THE ULTIMATE DJ SYSTEM. - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Welcome to the OP.......just thought I'd chime in. My common with the OP is our age and yes, I too am used to mixing with vinyl. The NS6 came with Serato and right out of the box.....trying Serato for the first time I can honestly say IMO that VDJ is much more user friendly. Maybe because I am already used to using VDJ but I can say without a doubt that VDJ was not a difficult software for me to learn and adapt to the first time. Serato, on the other hand, was not as friendly to use or understand. Maybe it's me or maybe it's not. I'm not trying to bash Serato users, just saying it's not for me. (Thanks VDJ for the ease of use). If the OP is currently using Serato, trust me, VDJ offers more and with much clearer understanding. Don't be discourage and try the Home Edition but really give it a chance. I think you'll appreciate VDJ more than Serato.

Good Luck and hope to see you as a Pro User!!!

The Corsican

geposted Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 2:10 am
santd wrote :
Way to welcome a new comer and potential customer.

We've been punked before, which is the cause of everyones hair trigger reaction..

guys come in.. and say "if only VDJ would have this feature, i will buy it tommorrow!", some time later VDJ GETS that feature.. same user then says.. well. i dont want to buy it yet.. I actually wanted this and this feature! then I will buy it..
it goes on forever.. I call it the "it will never be good enough for me because its not called serato" syndrome..

geposted Mon 28 Nov 11 @ 5:29 pm
i can't wait for Virtual DJ 8

geposted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 2:32 am
To be honest I can wait, I'm not really bothered. I just hope it's anti pirate and has a proper karaoke mode thats all.

geposted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 6:34 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Yep I would like to see a more expanded karaoke section as well mate, other than that, to be honest I think I have got everything I need already.

But like everyone else I'm still excited about what new features will come out in V8.

geposted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 8:21 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've said this before on another VDJ 8 thread... I just want it to have have the same features on both Mac and (PC) Windows.

geposted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 9:15 am
djcityPRO InfinityMember since 2005
We are a friendly and helpful community of DJ's, VDJ's, Karaoke DJ's, Bedroom DJ's, Producers and the like.

This man is writing a long wish list for the upcoming version of VDJ.

If he buys it... GREAT!!! If he does not.... It's not hurting anyone here.

My advice is to be polite, acknowledge that he uses a different software and may not be aware of all VDJ has to offer.

Educate him.

geposted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 4:14 pm
djcity wrote :
We are a friendly and helpful community of DJ's, VDJ's, Karaoke DJ's, Bedroom DJ's, Producers and the like.

This man is writing a long wish list for the upcoming version of VDJ.

If he buys it... GREAT!!! If he does not.... It's not hurting anyone here.

My advice is to be polite, acknowledge that he uses a different software and may not be aware of all VDJ has to offer.

Educate him.

Well said my friend.

geposted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 11:56 pm
I honestly cannot wait for 8! I loved 6 I amthe in love with 7 and if the things I hope are going to be coming to 8 I will be even more in love. Those things well....... that's for me to wish lol. Ableton has told me that 9 is coming out soon and that it is going to lean even more towards the producer side of things. . . that being said VDJ is going to really be my only platform. I still use deckadance as a vst inside ableton because I often find myself using two decks and tons of cues and it being inside ableton allows all my side effects and cool beats to mesh correctly. but when I perform its VDJ everytime hands down. I agree with a previous user that serato is not wuite as user friendly. And after my 4 hour conversation I was unofficially informed that bridge is going to not get any more updates and that serato really isn't interested in pushing the technology. Sooo that being said I really hope 8 gets it right. if the darn samplers would be on time and if it had a real VDJ 99 deck skin I could have easily emulated ableton type production inside VDJ no offense to those guys who worked hard to make a 99 deck skin but I like the default 3124 multi use skin. if that would have been recreated into 99 decks with just a move to the left bringing up 4 more decks left or right I would say 7 is perfect as is. But I agree after extensive research it seems that some dj's are really label whores.
for example change the name then i would use it
I get more respect using traktor but that's our dirty little secret
Serato and Traktor are the leaders hands down.
All these things I have read are just plain simple minded.
I will not get into any name calling or stuff like that but let's keep it real. VDJ is an amazing product free updates for life!!! I will have to pay $175 to upgrade to ableton 9 which I will NOT do until all the bugs are fixed and reported.
I CAN wait for 8 so that it comes out perfect but I really want to get my hands on it now and beta test the hell out of it!!!
KAACE

geposted Sat 03 Dec 11 @ 11:04 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
My biggest complaint is the visualization of the wave form for beat mixing, does anyone use their ears or at least know the song they are playing anymore? I understand your 40, but I hear so many new cats talking about the visualization of the wave, its disheartening. the art of mixing is just fading away.............................

geposted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 2:15 am
Quote :
This is why DJ software is getting Exagerated. The request some Djs want.

Getting DJ's involved is not a bad thing; in fact most of the company's have them on their payrolls so that they may assist with their features/benefits. The DJ's are the reason these company's are doing so well and they need to pay attention to what we need, wants on the other hand are questionable but negotiable if it benefits the many not just the few.

As a Virtual DJ Pro7 user I can honestly say I couldn't see myself going to any other software and the reason is for its flexibility and ease of use.

I too agree that there are name brand dropping DJ's out there, I happen to be one of them and my brand is VDJ............and I won’t disregard anyone's opinions (biases) on their perspective brands.

geposted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 3:22 pm
[off topic]
by saying others using "popular" software have biased opinions, you did just disregard anything they might say about their software choice, as you have made your opinion up, and created your own bias towards vdj, just saying cause I'm bored LOL
[/off topic]

geposted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 3:31 pm
True. LOL

geposted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 3:41 pm
Zamooda wrote :
My biggest complaint is the visualization of the wave form for beat mixing, does anyone use their ears or at least know the song they are playing anymore? I understand your 40, but I hear so many new cats talking about the visualization of the wave, its disheartening. the art of mixing is just fading away.............................

It really is sad...........

geposted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 4:04 pm
Gotta say first that I love what VDJ has to offer. I am a mobile DJ and I do many types of events from weddings and receptions to parties and corporate events. I use VDJ7, a Hercules RMX, Serato vinyl time codes on Stanton tables, and a laptop with a 2.7 i5 processor running Windows 7. Though I am able to scratch using this setup, when doing a gig where I want to put on more of a show, I always break out the vinyl and turn off the timecode in VDJ7 because it just isn't quite the same. My latency is very low (1ms) but I guess I am just used to the vinyl. I am always looking to upgrade and would like any input I can get to help get the best setup I can. Better sound card? I can't imagine my PC can't keep up but I always hear that Macs are better. Am I just hoping for too much to get a 100% vinyl action and feel?

geposted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 11:46 pm

badiw
I appreciate this info-suggestions. Descriibing a lot of great features that a hardware of software can have (together or separaely).
If you want constructive feedback, maybe you can visit digital dj tips. - there you will found people (the editor Phil Morse and also the people writing in the comments) that really can communicate with others. Maybe you are not interested, but any other dj company forum will be intersted if you post this in their forum.... Saludos. (Excuse my english)

geposted Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 2:36 pm
Lmao!! Did he pay you to write that?? Why would they go there when they (VDJ) has their own forums here where anybody can come and comment??

Smh.....
Huey

geposted Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 2:51 pm

beatbreaker1
I never said that here you can not comment. I said if he wants to have constructive feedback...wirh his suggestions-comments. Example : Look at your comment carefully...where i have live. (several countries) if someone ask you if you got paid....like you ask. This is no-polite and unrespectful....therefore ... will not be any communication.

geposted Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 3:16 pm
Anybody can come here and suggest new things for the next version or future updates, there's no need to go there. No one is disrespecting you either. If you would like to see or think VDJ needs something you or anybody can post here or the dedicated "Wants & Wishes" forum, it's that simple.

And the getting paid part was a joke......
Huey

geposted Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 3:29 pm
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
for virtualdj 8 the most important upgrade i would like to see is a revamp of the forum and for the LE versions
included with MIDI controlers to work properly straight out of the box. i think its unfair that when you invest
good money for a midi controller that you are then given the choice of paying extra money to have a working
compatibility of software and hardware or face the wrath of the forum for not having a pro license...

virtual dj for me is a great bit of software and verry user friendly for those that have never had mixing experiance
and even now i prefer it to traktor for the extra features and vast amount of skins. and the work djdad and others
have done in makeing working mappers and new skins and effects is the high point of virtual dj...

unfortianatly the low point is that sometime you just cant get a straight answer to a problem, or
even any kind of answer at all. and if you dont have a pro licence all you get is sly digs or sometimes
even abuse. the inplementation of a more user friendly aproach towards new vdj useres and those
that are trying it out to see if they like it would go a long way..
i know there is a lot of piracy of the software and this infuriates lots of pro users, but not all newcomers
are useing cracked copys and abuseing these legitimate trial/new users dose the forum or the name of
virtual dj no favours at all....

(i have full expectation of the normal backlash)

geposted Sat 10 Dec 11 @ 8:44 am
41%