Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to Permanently Set a BPM of a song

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have a song thats 140 BPM...And I right click ( im on a mac ) I click manual edit on bpm and set it to 175. It doesnt actually set it and everytime I load up the song its still 140 BPM..I know theres the Knob when u load the song to make the bpm faster or slower but I thought maybe the manual edit would work and keep it there for my future mixes of the song? Can anyone help with this issue?

geposted Fri 27 Jan 12 @ 5:39 pm
Hi, sorry there is no way to make the song always load with a particular bpm (apart from the original bpm of the file).

The reason is that most DJ's change what songs they mix together so you'll play it at different speeds when mixing into different songs.

Remember that if you're mixing into a 175 bpm song that you can just press the sync button and it will make the 140 bpm track just jump straight to 175bpm.

... And as a side note, are you sure it actually sounds good??!! There aren't many 140 bpm songs I can thnink of that would still sound good at around 175bpm. When I'm DJ'ing for a crowd I wouldn't normally change a bpm by more than 6% unless there is some sort of special effect I'm doing...

geposted Fri 27 Jan 12 @ 9:14 pm
To add to what andytaylor said, by manually changing the bpm number from 140 to 175 you're not changing the tempo of the track, you're only mislabeling the bpm of the track. That would be like putting a t-shirt on a girl that reads D-cup when she's an A-cup and expecting her breasts to grow lol.

geposted Sat 28 Jan 12 @ 8:52 am
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how to use Virtual DJ to permanently label tracks with the BPM so that it shows up in iTunes..?
Any light shed would be most appreciated!
Thanks.

geposted Sun 16 Sep 12 @ 8:09 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
kirbstar24 wrote :
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how to use Virtual DJ to permanently label tracks with the BPM so that it shows up in iTunes..?
Any light shed would be most appreciated!
Thanks.

Mate.... your better off opening up Ur own thread.
Do NOT hijack other ppls thread with a different question to this topic.
Thanks

geposted Sun 16 Sep 12 @ 11:05 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi the eassyies way its , put on search bar *70-72 and all the songs on this bpm appear and same with the others ones.good luck.

geposted Mon 17 Sep 12 @ 12:08 am
Hey guys, I know this post is a little bit old and might be irrelevant to the original people in the post, however i have a way that you can set a bpm. If you click on the bpm on the actual track in the top right by default, it should open up another tab and if you enter in your bpm down the bottom it should set (at least it did for me). Don't know if this will help, but i hope it does :)

geposted Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 8:33 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)