Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Does anyone know how to make the track keep playing after brake?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I want the track to keep playing right after I brake it instead of pressing play, because I want to be able to play my next track as soon as I brake. Does anyone know how to do this? I dont know very much about mapping if it has something to do with mapping.. could someone help me?

Thanks guys

geposted Thu 01 Mar 12 @ 3:06 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You just need to fade into the next track before spin down of the effect... autofade is an option..

geposted Fri 02 Mar 12 @ 9:35 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Not sure what version you have but 6+ you can use "automix_dualdeck". That way when one stops it auto fades to the next song in your playlist. Just like Automix but on 2 decks.. They keep saying they are going to remove the Dual deck automix, so it will not be a long term solution. That is why I stopped using it, but I really do like it..

Personally, if you are there to hit the Brake effect, hitting play on the other deck and fading should not be an issue either unless you don't have a controler.

geposted Fri 02 Mar 12 @ 1:26 pm
Not sure what version you have but 6+ you can use "automix_dualdeck". That way when one stops it auto fades to the next song in your playlist. Just like Automix but on 2 decks.. They keep saying they are going to remove the Dual deck automix, so it will not be a long term solution. That is why I stopped using it, but I really do like it..

Personally, if you are there to hit the Brake effect, hitting play on the other deck and fading should not be an issue either unless you don't have a controler.

DHoude,
Yeah I don't have a controller. I have Virtual DJ Pro 7, umm with the automix_dualdeck thing I want it to keep playing the same song though. Right after I brake it I want it to start up again (and at the same time I play a song on the other deck) so there isnt a pause space inbetween pressing play and such. When I press automix_dualdeck it keeps getting rid of what I have on the first deck.

So far I have sort of worked out the mapping thing. I have "deck 2 effect active & deck 2 play" on the mapper for the brake, all it does is brake and it wont play right after it brake's... I thought the "&" was supposed to be execute command 1 (deck 2 effect active) and then it will execute command 2 (deck 2 play). It doesnt seem to be working, I must be missing out on something ... =/..

geposted Fri 02 Mar 12 @ 10:29 pm
try this, but it won't wait till the braking track has stopped, it will play the opposite deck when you activate brake... you should be able to map this to your keyboard in vdj home

deck left select ? deck left effect 'brake' active & deck right play : deck right effect 'brake' active & deck left play

geposted Sat 03 Mar 12 @ 12:40 am
try this, but it won't wait till the braking track has stopped, it will play the opposite deck when you activate brake... you should be able to map this to your keyboard in vdj home

deck left select ? deck left effect 'brake' active & deck right play : deck right effect 'brake' active & deck left play

THANKYOU SO MUCH syntheti1c =)
That was very helpful.. now i can just press play right afterwards instead of having to press 3 buttons afterwards =DD.

geposted Sat 03 Mar 12 @ 6:28 am
I m new to virtual dj.I have written a song myself and i want to create music infact a track for that,but since i m new to this software i m having a problem can anyone please help me.And i also want to clean a song of its vocals so if anyone can help me out so please help me.You can reach me at [EMAIL REMOVED]

MOD: Home Users are not permitted to post their email address.

geposted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 6:58 am
shukla.manas2 wrote :
I m new to virtual dj.I have written a song myself and i want to create music infact a track for that,but since i m new to this software i m having a problem can anyone please help me.And i also want to clean a song of its vocals so if anyone can help me out so please help me.You can reach me at [EMAIL REMOVED]

MOD: Home Users are not permitted to post their email address.

Wow this moderation was not very effective (looks at username)...

geposted Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 2:33 pm
Well aware of that. Thanks for pointing it out again.

Unfortunately moderators do not have the required level to change usernames. This was passed up to someone more senior but has been overlooked.

geposted Sun 27 Sep 15 @ 8:23 am
Alright, thanks!

Well the mail is still in the quote of my comment,
and since i'm an LE User i can't edit my own comments after a few minutes,
so if it matters you maybe want to edit that out, wasn't aware of that.

Cheers

geposted Sun 27 Sep 15 @ 4:52 pm
Has been resolved now.

geposted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 7:51 am
As a solution i recommend increasing the scratch time of the jogwheel (settings) and using it to create a brake-like effect.
You can also edit the scratch time on the fly using a (custom-)knob.
Then you just activate slip_mode and there you go, it should be almost the same when you just stop the wheel if i remember correctly.
When you let go, it goes back to where the song should have been by now.

Regards,
Daniel

geposted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 4:48 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)