Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Crossfader Drifting...?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Recently, my crossfader on the VDJ skin has been drifting (by itself) slightly to the left when it is in the full right position, and drifting to the right when it is in the full left position. It moves about 20% of the crossfader length. I use the Denon MC6000, and LINK FADER on VDJ is ON. The fader on VDJ skin goes back to it's correct position when I back off of the Denon physical fader by a tiny amount, like 1/32 of an inch. It only happens when the physical fader is at the extreme right or left. It wouldn't be such a huge problem, but it is affecting the output as well.... adding unwanted mix from the other side.

Anybody else had this issue?

geposted Sat 14 Jul 12 @ 12:04 pm
It could be a physical problem with the crossfader. Perhaps it is dirty and the contacts inside are not conducting properly.

You could test it with a multimeter by pulling it out and testing across the contacts. The problem could also be a bad connection to the crossfader. Clean all connectors and the crossfader (if possible) with a good non-residue contact cleaner.

Call out to your DJ buddies and hook their controller to your computer. Getting a fix is a process of elimination. This case has symptoms of a hardware issue.

Perhaps you can re-map the crossfader over to a knob (temporary). Gotta love that VDJ Script capability.

Good luck.

geposted Sat 14 Jul 12 @ 3:30 pm

geposted Sat 14 Jul 12 @ 3:46 pm
OK thanks... I sort of figured it was a hardware issue. I wonder how long the Denon warranty is.

geposted Sat 14 Jul 12 @ 5:16 pm
I had this exact problem with my djc.4, dug up this thread. Crossfader would drift left only if full right. Well tonight I opened the crossfader and sprayed some contact cleaner in the right corner, problem fixed and back to normal. FYI if somebody else has the same problem.

geposted Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 8:03 pm
You don't need to open it up... just slide that tiny red rube into the fader through the felt. One tiny spray is all you need.

geposted Thu 25 Oct 12 @ 2:04 pm
DJ 101: if your crossfader is acting weird, clean it!

geposted Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 6:29 am
DDappaControlleristMember since 2016
Sorry to resurrect an OOLLDD thread. But I started experiencing cross fader drift myself - When I slide to the right, on VDJ8 - the software xfader drifts to the right on its own, unless I then clicked on the extreme right in the software.

I must admit that I was skeptical that the contact cleaner solution would work, but it did! I just sprayed some QD contact cleaner inside the right corner of the crossfader on my MC4000 twice for about 1 second, then immediately gave it a hard blow each time. I then left it alone for a couple of hours. When I tried it again, it was working fine again. I didn't see any felt dust barrier below the xfader though - so it must be a flaw / construction flaw that allows dust / particles to get in and foul it. I actually used it near the beach one night (in the front porch of a beach front house).. It must be then where it might have gotten some salt condensation getting in.. Doh!!!

geposted Sun 15 Apr 18 @ 2:50 am
DJGadgPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have had this drifting problem too. I have already tried spraying contact cleaner in and expected it to fix the problem, but it did not after several attempts. I am expecting I may have to replace the crossfader, but wanted to double check and rule-out this is not a known software issue with a VDJ update. I am using a reloop Mixtour.

geposted Wed 22 May 19 @ 12:28 pm
I have a terminal Mix 4 and it is doing the same thing. I have a little down time this time of the year, so I'm going to take it out and see if I can clean it real good. Looks like a new one is about $40-$50 which I guess isn't too bad, but seems ridiculous to have to replace it after three years... If I was a fulltime DJ it would be one thing, but I do this about 14 times per year.

geposted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 10:34 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)