Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 19 MXR by American Audio with VDJ Pro or LE - Product Review by DJ RuDe - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Here is my LONG awaited review and demonstration of the 19 MXR Rack Mountable Mixer by American Audio, makers of the VMS4.1. This is a very special mixer to me in that it has innumerable features that I tried to cover in this video to limited success. Some notable features are it's 4 channels digital, analog or both! It isn't just a mixer but it also controls DJ software! It comes with virtual DJ LE but is fully compatible with the full PRO version thus opening up all four channels on the mixer to control VDJ Pro in FOUR deck mode. That's right, 4 decks to mix your music selections from.

This is an excellent feature for those of you who are KJs! You can cue up the next two singer's song choices and use the other two decks for background music or introductory music to keep out dead spots in silence between your singers. Another feature beneficial to KJs is it's three, count 'em, 3 microphone inputs! Yes, it is a four channel mixer, a four deck MIDI controller AND a microphone mixer complete with a three band EQ for each mix input. To add fuel to the white hot fire of this jam packed compact all-in-one powerhouse, two of the mic inputs have assigned reverb that is fully adjusted with a rotary knob to your client's desired reverb intensity! All four channels have their own 3 band EQ, and the list of highly functional features goes on!

Check out the video for a more in-depth and hands-on look at one of American Audio's latest new mixers. This one is my favorite for more reasons than, well.... ten! Please comment, subscribe and stay tuned for more video product reviews from DJ RuDe Reviews it productions!!!

For more info please click here for the official American Audio website on the 19 MXR and other fine products.

http://www.adjaudio.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ItemNumber=1490&MainId=&Category=23

Thanks for watching!!

geposted Sat 09 Mar 13 @ 1:33 pm
coach kPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Checked it out a few minutes ago and the mic effects was the selling point for me!

GREAT JOB BRO!

geposted Sat 09 Mar 13 @ 2:29 pm
Thanks!

geposted Sun 10 Mar 13 @ 5:29 pm
Does anyone here use the 19 MXR besides me?!

geposted Wed 13 Mar 13 @ 10:45 pm
Great review but due to the stigma attached to the American Audio name I think most are steering clear.........

geposted Wed 13 Mar 13 @ 10:50 pm
Well that would be tragic. Many companies suffer failure in their beginnings, that's how they grow and learn from those errors, or not. Having positive personal experience with the VMS4.1 and the 19 MXR is proof that American Audio while still a small player in the DJ audio market has made strides and come along way from their rough entry into the controller game.

Give them a break, every manufacturer has failures especially in the beginning. Thanks for the feedback however, I appreciate it.

Paul

geposted Thu 14 Mar 13 @ 1:32 am
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I was eyeing on the MXR14 when I had the VMS4 and 2 Radius 3000 to replace the VMS4 but the wait from when I saw them untill release was to long and then came the Pioneer DDJ SX and I was sold. I've now sold the Radius but keeping the VMS4.
Now it only ADJ for lights and stands. And I only have good expiriance so far with American Audio.

geposted Thu 14 Mar 13 @ 8:32 am
I'm interested in the Karaoke feature. Do you know who's their distributor here in Toronto Canada?

geposted Thu 14 Mar 13 @ 2:42 pm

geposted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 10:21 pm
Puzzeled as how to configure sound with VDJ Pro. Cna anyone adise what adjustments to make in config as I have tried for the past hout and the decks are not moving .

Thanks

Chris

geposted Thu 13 Mar 14 @ 3:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
decks are not moving : This doesnt help much. Decks dont play, even if you press PLAY from the skin ?

It depends on which Mode you choose to use.
The unit offers 2 modes.. Mixer (Analogue and Midi Mode. to switch from one Mode to the other, Power off the unit, hold down the Controller Mode button and power on the unit. Wait till the Leds on the VU meters light up and then release the button). On MIDI (Controller Mode), the led of the COntroller Mode button will be on.

On the Mixer Mode (if not mistaken its the default one) , your Sound Setup needs to be..
Inputs=None
Outputs=External Mixer
Sound Card =ASIO and choose the ADJ Asio driver (needs to be installed from the CD)
On this Mode, the 2 Middle Channels control Decks 1 and Deck 2 of VirtualDJ and the far left and right Channels can be used for Analogue (External ) Sources (cant be used by the software)

On MIDI Mode, the unit can operate as a 4 full deck Midi mixer.
Sound Setup :
Inputs=None
Output=Headphones
Sound card=ASIO (choose the ADJ ASIO driver from the list)
On this mode, you can choose whatever Chaanel you wish to use as software or analogue, but the way the unit is mapped, it follows decks order 3-1-2-4, so most likely, the far left-right Channels can be used for analogue source and the 2 middle ones as software decks.

geposted Thu 13 Mar 14 @ 4:59 pm
Thank you for that. it was supplied with VDJ Le but no disc, hopefully the AA Asio will work once down loaded.

Typed in the address to download VDJ LE from AAJ and takes me to there site but no download.

geposted Thu 13 Mar 14 @ 5:39 pm
How was LE supplied if it wasn't on a disc then?

I just went to the ADJ site and downloaded it - works fine.

FYI the ASIO driver is contained within the "Virtual DJ Software" ZIP file.

Lack of ASIO shouldn't affect the deck functionality though, that's a MIDI thing. In the other thread you started, you said the mapping's fine.

geposted Thu 13 Mar 14 @ 5:48 pm
The AAJ site lead me to a dodgy HTML. I downloaded VDJ LE VDJ and put the code in and it would work. Deleted it and it also took VDJ Pro away. I then serached fro AAJ Asio download and installed it and still no sound even though deacs are spinning . No good as I been messing for four hours on the damn mixer which I'm ready to send back if the next couple of hours are not condusive . Please any more good advice.

geposted Thu 13 Mar 14 @ 6:41 pm
VDJ LE is supplied with AAJ MXR 19 . The site download and code but that was shite. So went to VDJ.
Thats right mapping fine just no sound now.

geposted Thu 13 Mar 14 @ 6:42 pm
Sorted , thank you guys. Finally got it working. Damn VDL LE took all my setting and Skins atc from VDJ Pro. I give AAJ MXR 19 a sping tomorrow night and see if I keep it or return .

geposted Thu 13 Mar 14 @ 8:13 pm
Good to hear you have sorted this out. Once you understand how the unit works, i am sure you will love it.

Just to help others, the ASIO drivers are included in the ZIP file from the AA website.. so from this link .. http://www.adjaudio.com/pdffiles/19mxr-pc.zip

the Link you have in your Download Center (once you register the serial number), is only the VirtualDJ LE Installer. It doesnt include any drivers.

If you have Pro Full version installed, and try to install and use the LE version, it will revert all your settings to the default (or the ones that the LE offers), so next time you run Pro Full version, it will use those settings.
Apparently, there was no need to run the LE version.

geposted Thu 13 Mar 14 @ 9:18 pm
I absolutely love this mixer, shocked that more people don't use it.

My question/problem: Using midi mode, I can control all 4 decks on VDJ, but I can't hear any of them in my headphones. If I use all 4 decks on mixer mode, decks 3 and 4 don't play anything (using outputs 5&6 and 7&8). The only way I can get it to work is deck 1 and 3 sharing Output 1&2, deck 2 and 4 sharing Output 3&4. Am I missing something or this just a limitation? Do outputs 5&6, 7&8 actually do anything.

Thanks

geposted Sun 16 Mar 14 @ 11:27 am
If you need to use the MIDI mode,(named also as Controller Mode), you need to change the Sound Setup of VirtualDJ as following..
Inputs: None
Outputs : Headphones
Sound card : ASIO and choose the AA DJ Asio from the list.

Note that on MIDI (Controller Mode), the LED of the button CONTROLLER MODE on the AA MXR will be ON, to indicate the Mode you have chosen.

geposted Sun 16 Mar 14 @ 7:04 pm
Not happy that the slightest touch of the Gain controls greatly increases or reduces the main volume as did over the weekend . Reduced the gain very slight and Music dropped to the point had to turn it up full and then place got blasted. Could this explain why two of my Amp Mixers have blown this 7 days despite only being 14 months from new ?

geposted Mon 17 Mar 14 @ 3:33 pm
43%