Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Music stopping mid show

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have had a problem the last 2 shows, I am running a Numark N4 controller with Virtual DJ Pro. The music just stops with no warning and the only way to get it back it to switch off the N4 and reset the soundcard in Virtual DJ config. I am not sure whether the controller is at fault or if it is the software. Anybody had similar problems. It has been fine for the last 18 months and has just started being an issue.

Cheers

geposted Mon 27 May 13 @ 3:27 am
It can also be the comp/laptop itself?? Or even a music file... In my years of using software based music programs, I've seen it all breakdown.

geposted Mon 27 May 13 @ 8:54 am

geposted Mon 27 May 13 @ 11:26 am
Jason KPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Could be a latency spike on your system. Try running dpc latency checker to rule that out. Could also be a hard drive failure. Had an alienware with bad usb ports. It would mess up hard drives and disconnect my controllers when people would bumb the table.

When exactly does it happen?

geposted Mon 27 May 13 @ 12:10 pm
Could be a fluctuations in power. Is it happening at the same place?

geposted Mon 27 May 13 @ 12:20 pm
It has happened at the same place and just happens at any time during the evening, sometimes it will be fine for 2 hours then it will stop playing twice in 10 minutes. I will try a different laptop and see if its that but I have a gut feeling its the controller. Fingers crossed for this weekend.

geposted Tue 28 May 13 @ 3:00 am
Always good to have a back up plan. Could also try replacing your usbs, and maybe switch out your external hd if your using one. At least check the hd your using for errors. Maybe your on the same circuit as something that's drawing a ton of power. Brown outs are just as bad as power surges. That back up power supply would fix that, or you could plug in somewhere else.

geposted Tue 28 May 13 @ 3:39 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Try changing your usb cable, even new ones can sometimes be dodgy and even overheating could be the problem.

geposted Tue 28 May 13 @ 4:46 am
i'm thinking it's the laptop losing sight of the soundcard.......

if you aren't using an external hd , maybe the C: has problems?

how full is your C: drive? run the error checker on the drive

geposted Tue 28 May 13 @ 9:58 am
tayla wrote :
Try changing your usb cable, even new ones can sometimes be dodgy and even overheating could be the problem.

That would be my first mode of attack. I would also check the power supply and make sure that the wire does not have a break. It sounds like you are losing connection with power or signal.

geposted Tue 28 May 13 @ 12:22 pm
Try going into your control panel/device manager and unchecking "allow windows to turn off power to usb"

geposted Tue 28 May 13 @ 5:17 pm
if djratedxxx is right in control panel power options you might wanna set all options to off or never

and then the profile always on

saves a lot of cpu background processes too

could lose sight of the sound card cuz the usb was turned off ....

geposted Wed 29 May 13 @ 8:23 am
I have the same problem! Please help!

geposted Sun 13 Oct 13 @ 11:44 am
Not the same problem** My music is still playing but the Numark N4 stop working :(

geposted Sun 13 Oct 13 @ 11:45 am
If the music is still coming out of the N4 master outputs, then the N4 hasn't stopped working - because VDJ should be set to use the N4 as the audio output.

You will need to provide a lot more detail that just "it's stopped working".

For example - what computer, what operating system, which version of VDJ (number and name), your VDJ audo config settings and so on.

Also, if it's the N4 that's the problem, then you need to contact Numark support.

geposted Sun 13 Oct 13 @ 11:57 am
This happened to me at last nights show and twice NYE.

NYE I was playing a song and the system just stopped playing. I have an HP laptop, plenty of processor, windows 8, newest ver of VDJ, I run my music from ext. drives and for this issue was using a VMS4.1controller. No other known issues to report. In the heat of trying to figure out what had happened, I still had power to the laptop and controller, speakers and mic worked. I went straight to my oldest HDD and unplugged it and that seemed to fix this problem ( I hope).

Last nights problem showed up like this; Was playing a song and paused it mid song to set something up, then when I hit play...nothing. No response of any kind, lights on the controller or otherwise. So I moused up to the play button on VDJ directly and still nothing. Talked over the problem and reloaded VDJ and then the song and all was well.

Now while this was happening I still had power, and the mic worked, just no audio and no indication that VDJ or the VMS4 was actually working. However when I shut down VDJ I got a message that the song was still playing did I really want to turn it off.

My first gut feeling is that it may be usb related concerning the HDD but because it was also an issue between VDJ and the controller I am not sure. I am going to troubleshoot today using some of the advise already posted here but other thoughts are welcome.

P.S. I do think my two problems were not related but since they happened I needed to mention it.

geposted Fri 17 Jan 14 @ 9:03 am
I have the same problem and am also using an HP laptop, Intel Pentium 1.90GHz 8.00 GB, 2 TB(40 gig free disk space). I have had the laptop for two years and the problem only recently started.

The music stops in mid play, or sometimes when using the N4 i lose response from Virtual DJ for example; if I slide the crossfader from left to right on my controller, it won't effect until i restart Virtual Dj altogether. However when the music stops in mid play, Virtual Dj stops responding to any action on the N4 altogether and usually the issue only gets resolved when i remove and insert back the USB cable.

I am thinking either the USB cable has a problem, or the firmwire for N4 might need updating, or the problem is particularly with HP laptops as identified from another user with the same problem, or maybe it could be a Virtual DJ software glitch, since the problem started after I recently updated the software.

please let me know if you find a solution, I will also keep you posted If i find a solution

thanks

geposted Fri 24 Feb 17 @ 12:19 pm
First, this thread is from 2013, and last updated in 2014. Are you saying that this is the first time that you have updated since 2014?

Second, have you tried any of the solutions that you talked about, USB cable, firmware updates?

geposted Sun 26 Feb 17 @ 9:24 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)