Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Use this forum if you have questions about skin development, or if you want to communicate with skin developers.
Topic: !!! NOTE !!! to skiners
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
When you submit a new skin ..
- Provide a proper description in English and describe the functionality of the skin. (E.g. 2 or 4 decks, video or audio, other features that make the skin unique etc). Comments like ..its great, try it.. its unique etc are not considered a description.
- Provide in the description, the resolutions that the skin offers
- Provide a proper screenshot of the skin (200x150), in which the whole skin is visible and not just a part of it
- Select from the Variation field, the skin from which your have used the most graphics to create your own, or choose Original if its a unique creation.

When you update a skin...
We are usually not reviewing the updates of the submitted skins. We only do that when the skins are submitted.
For those who choose to update their skins, please leave some notes in the description about what the update is offering (new features, bug fixes etc)
Add the date of the update too.

Example.
Version 1.2 10-08-2013
---------------------------------
- Added this
- fixed that

From now on, if a skin gets updated, and has not the above information in the description, it will be blocked (not available) till further evaluation.

Advice
It is strongly suggested to create a thread in the Skins Forum with the Skin name as title , presenting screenshots and other details, and make it easier for us to notify you when something needs to be edited or changed, prior approving the skin.
Add the link of the thread to the description and help users to find useful information about how the skin works and what offers, prior downloading and searching.
The more information you provide to users, the more helpful it will be for them to find what they need. Unfortunately our website doesnt offer at the moment the ability to show high resolution screenshots in the Plugin Download Pages (most likely, will be added soon), so creating a thread is the only solution for now.
Think as a user who searches the Skin Download Pages in order to find the skin he needs. Dont force him to download something that he doesnt need.

Posted Thu 30 May 13 @ 3:05 pm
Metallic Skin problems solved, djdad if I could be helpful in being able to reopen agradesco it beforehand,
I changed the skin data to English language as I asked. ;) :)

Posted Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 9:39 pm
Djdad ColorWave Pro Skin Fix. I made the changes and asked me to fix is now available, I hope you leave released. thank you very much.

Posted Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 10:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Will review your skins again.

Please read the first post again.

Posted Wed 07 Aug 13 @ 1:12 am
Very good dad, I modified the skins and information as requested in the forum thread:
Virtualdj Kontrol S2
ColorWave Pro
Metallic Video

Posted Wed 07 Aug 13 @ 8:46 pm
Hi, djdad the skin of Metallic Video and ColorWave Pro. is ready, repaired as requested, hope it reopens soon for later download, I have noticed that many mistakes, but nobody is perfect and I hope soon to be improving my apologies djdad ....

I have many projects to virtualdj and not be a "no licencer" consider me illiterate because I have not shown up to where I can be my imagination and create unique things sometime. and great, greetings.

Posted Thu 15 Aug 13 @ 9:05 pm
Vestax VCI-380

Fixed:
main buttons,
improved:
Image added some specifications.

Posted Mon 11 Nov 13 @ 9:13 am
when the new SDK skin in the wiki page ?

today can see the old versione (2006 ?)

Augh !

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 10:30 am
PUCHU85PRO InfinityMember since 2012
will improve the skin of Numark MIXTRACK 2 for virtual dj pro 8?

Posted Sun 28 Dec 14 @ 3:13 am
Hi,
I didn't find search results for what I'm after, can VDJ8 skins be made for multiple monitor use?
I like the look of skins to match my hardware, I have made skins in the past but found scaling was an issue when trying for fit a decent functional sized browser, I finaly rebuilt and upgraded my studio and dj gear now with multiple monitors.

Can I make a skin that has the browser on a 2nd screen so I can go full screen with just the decks and mixer on the main screen, is there a way to make the browser section removable and Draggable or will it expand to the width of 2 screen resolution properly?

Sorry if this has been asked before and I missed it
Cheers

Posted Wed 18 Mar 15 @ 10:27 pm
There are 2 ways to do this:
1) Place the browser inside a <window> element so that you can move around and drag, or
2) Create a skin with the dimensions of your full desktop. For instance if you use 2 monitors with 1920x1080 res, create a skin with 3840x1080 resolution. Then on the first 1920 pixels you can draw your controls/decks/mixer and on the rest 1920 your browser... (or vise versa)

PS: The second way was always possible. The first way is a possibility only for VirtualDj 8.

Posted Thu 19 Mar 15 @ 6:49 am
I would like to download the GEMINI skin, but I couldn't because I don't have the pro edition. is there any other way to download that skin?

Posted Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 9:52 am