Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ Name

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

So your DJ name is a very important thing. Has to be easy to say, able to say on the radio, and not thirty syllables. I don't want to use my name or necessarily say "DJ _____". What is your guys' DJ name and how did you get it? Thanks!

geposted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 3:50 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Look here. And, something I hate doing, quoting myself....

TearEmUp wrote :
DJ nicknames are personal and, organic. Do a couple of gigs/shows/mixes and, someone will pay you a compliment. From those compliments, your name will come. good luck

geposted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 4:05 pm
DJ Names should be, what your about, who you are, can be a play on words, or a related phrase, and what you specialize in.
I.E.: Nashville Sound, I specialize in Country Music and Video. I can relate my name to my show.
I.E.: Your listening to that Nashville Sound, then usually I slip in DJ Express and do my \"trade mark\" train whistle.
Well it may seem kind of corny to some, but you have to make your name your own, and all in what you do. I play to a specialized following and they expect it. Mud bogs, dance halls and over the road shows.
One thing you also in the name, is a LOGO. Your unique name tells who, what, & your style.

geposted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 11:55 pm
I go by Ricky T my name is last initial. And also I go by the Dancing DJ So Im Ricky T the Dancing DJ. I love dancing with my customers also dance for them so while Im in the mix i may do some moves on the 1s and 2s, before I started DJing I always danced at parties for crowds. Your name should be simple but also relate to who you are. When people see me they know they will get full entertainment , music and dancing.

geposted Wed 24 Jul 13 @ 5:18 am
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Personal opinion, DJ names are one of the most stupidest, dumbest thing ever invented in the DJ world. What the hell is wrong with just using your name?

I agree with this guy (warning: strong language)

geposted Wed 24 Jul 13 @ 8:02 am
xcakid wrote :
I agree with this guy

So do I. Introducing myself to people at a gig, I use my name.

On the other hand, if I'm talking to someone that knows me from a forum, then I'm GroovinDJ.

geposted Wed 24 Jul 13 @ 10:53 am
xcakid wrote :
Personal opinion, DJ names are one of the most stupidest, dumbest thing ever invented in the DJ world. What the hell is wrong with just using your name?

Haha I can see your point. I don't know. It seems like if you have a DJ name that's not your own name you can have your own like... I guess you could say "culture". If you look up Feed Me, deadmau5, Hardwell, they all have a sense of culture to them. A lot of people hate David Guetta too haha. So yeah I don't know what it is.

geposted Wed 24 Jul 13 @ 10:54 am
xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
DJ Zibs wrote :
xcakid wrote :

Haha I can see your point. I don't know. It seems like if you have a DJ name that's not your own name you can have your own like... I guess you could say "culture". If you look up Feed Me, deadmau5, Hardwell, they all have a sense of culture to them. A lot of people hate David Guetta too haha. So yeah I don't know what it is.

You create your own culture, following and persona. The name does not do that for you. You can have the coolest DJ in the world, but if you suck, well, you suck. A DJ name can't change that. For the most part, you don't get booked based on your DJ name.

DJ Vajra, just changed his name to his real name Chris Karns, , Jazzy Jeff (well he uses part of his name anyways). But since you mentioned EDM guys, you also have Benny Bennasi, Armin Van Buuren, Calvin Harris, Steve Aoki, Markus Schulz, Gareth Emery, Nicky Romero, Paul van Dyk, Sander van Doorn, Porter Robinson.

But if you feel you need one, then by all means. Like I said, I was just putting in my .02cents on the subject. :D

geposted Wed 24 Jul 13 @ 11:39 am
xcakid wrote :
DJ Zibs wrote :
xcakid wrote :

You create your own culture, following and persona. The name does not do that for you. You can have the coolest DJ in the world, but if you suck, well, you suck. A DJ name can't change that. For the most part, you don't get booked based on your DJ name.

DJ Vajra, just changed his name to his real name Chris Karns, , Jazzy Jeff (well he uses part of his name anyways). But since you mentioned EDM guys, you also have Benny Bennasi, Armin Van Buuren, Calvin Harris, Steve Aoki, Markus Schulz, Gareth Emery, Nicky Romero, Paul van Dyk, Sander van Doorn, Porter Robinson.

Good point. However there is more people without their real name. deadmau5, Hardwell, Dannic, Dyro, Skrillex, W&W, Diplo, Tiesto, Afrojack, Alesso, Avicii, Axwell, Dada Life, Mord Fustang, Zedd, Daft Punk, DJ Chuckie, Bingo Players, etc. I see your point though. Thanks!

geposted Wed 24 Jul 13 @ 12:00 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)