Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark Mixdeck Quad

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

dj4nsePRO InfinityMember since 2009
http://www.pssl.com/Numark-Mixdeck-Quad-Universal-DJ-System

hello! is this compatible with VDJ PRO? I have ALWAYS been a huge Numark fan and want to buy a midi unit or cd players. The numark mixdeck quad seems like a nice all in one solution - with playback on cd, usb, mp3, etc...

thank you

Naveen Sharma

geposted Wed 28 Aug 13 @ 5:30 am

geposted Wed 28 Aug 13 @ 5:38 am
The bar I'm DJing at uses a Pioneer DJM 400 and 2 CDJ 400s and I want to set up my Numark Mixdeck Quad and I was wondering what the ideal way to set up would be. I dont need the Pioneer equipment, only the mixdeck quad, but what worries me is....

The DJM 400 used 4 RCA cables in the master out (2 left and 2 right) and my Mixdeck quad only has 1 left and 1 right for RCA connection. Do I need an RCA to Dual RCA adapter? Can I use just two of the cables or will that only give me half the club sound? Should I keep the DJM 400 connected to the sound system and plug my mixdeck quad into the back of of the DJM Mixer?

I usually use XLR into my loud speakers for mobile gigs. Plugging into bar/club sound systems is a new thing to me and any advice would really help! Cheers.

geposted Tue 04 Mar 14 @ 12:02 am
From a picture of the back of the DJM-400, it appears to have dual master outputs. One of these might go to a pair of monitor speakers in the DJ booth, or they could go to a different zone (room or area) in the club/bar.

The simplest option is to connect the master out RCA of your Mixdeck Quad into one of the channels of the DJM-400. it has CD and PHONO/LINE inputs on both channels 1&2, so you can use one of these. If you plug into one of the PHONO/LINE sockets, make sure that the switch on the back is set to LINE before playing any music.

Use the switch for the appropriate channel at the top of the mixer to select the source that you have plugged into. Plug your headphones into the Mixdeck Quad itself and then mix as you would do when plugging speakers directly into the Mixdeck.

geposted Tue 04 Mar 14 @ 3:47 am
Thank you very much for the quick response! I understand what you're saying and I'll be sure to do that for soundcheck tomorrow night. As a follow up question could you tell me why unplugging the RCA cables found going into the DJM 400 and plugging them directly into my mixdeck quad wont give me sound? Does my Numark not perform the same mixer function as the DJM 400?

geposted Wed 05 Mar 14 @ 10:32 pm
Did you plug one of the sets of cables from the DJM-400 directly into the master output of the Mixdeck Quad? If so, it could be one set is redundant or goes to a different room in the club/bar. Try both sets. The MixDeck Quad has both a master and booth output, so you could just plug one set of cables into master and the other into booth (Bypassing the DJM-400 altogether and using the Mixdeck Quad itself as the mixer.)

The Mixdeck Quad is a real hardware mixer, so yes, it is capable of performing the same functions as the DJM-400. It's better not to mess around with the cabling of a permanent in-house setup though. If you fail to plug everything back in again correctly afterwards, the next DJ could experience problems. Plugging a RCA cable from the master out of the Mixdeck to a spare channel on the DJM-400 is the easiest and simplest option.

NOTE: Make sure that you have configured the Mixdeck Quad correctly: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MixDeck%20Quad.html

geposted Thu 06 Mar 14 @ 5:23 am
I see for the Mac Configuration it says to use:

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones (Master: Chan 1&2 / Headphones: Chan 3&4)
Sound card: 4 out card -> Choose the MixDeck Quad from the list

I usually select "External Mixer" for the Output. Is this wrong for plugging into the back of the DJM 400?

geposted Thu 06 Mar 14 @ 12:10 pm
Outputs: External Mixer is for using a DJ sound card with two separate stereo outputs connected directly to two channels of a conventional hardware mixer such as the DJM-400

The Mixdeck Quad is a combined real hardware mixer and MIDI controller, so you need to use the sound settings above. Connect the master output of the Mixdeck (The mixed output from it) to a channel on the DJM-400.

geposted Thu 06 Mar 14 @ 12:21 pm
Last night I plugged RCAs from my RCA Master out into one of the channels on the DJM 400 and I was able to hear music from the bar's speakers, however, when I had my virtual DJ configured to "headphones" I could control the faders for Deck B. When I played music on Deck A, had the crossfader to the left and the volume faders for Deck B all the way down, I could still hear the audio from Deck B when I hit play. I have had this issue in the past whe my settings were set to "headphones" in virtual DJ. I have no crossfade/queing ability. Any idea as to why this is? I'm looking to use channel 1 for Deck A and Channel 4 for Deck B. I could also use Channels 2 & 3.

I finally just unplugged the DJM 400, plugged directly into the house sound and changed my setting to External Mixer. This worked perfectly. I'm the only one mixing tonight and I know where the cables go into on the DJM 400 so playing with the house sound wont be an issue like it would be in a club.

geposted Fri 07 Mar 14 @ 2:45 pm
It looks like the MixDeck Quad can be setup in two ways. To use it with Outputs: Master/headphones (Internal on-screen software mixer in VirtualDJ), you would need to set the USB Audio switch on the back to PGM/CUE as detailed on the above config page.

To use it in external mixer mode (Hardware mixer in the Mixdeck Quad), you would need to set the USB Audio switch on the back to USB1/USB2.

In either case, you must plug your headphones into the Mixdeck Quad to do your pre-listening. If you plug your headphones into the DJM-400 (Or another in-house mixer that you have connected the Mixdeck Quad's master output to a channel of) then you will be listening to the master audio output after it has been mixed by either the Mixdeck Quad or VirtualDJ's software mixer (Depending on your config.)

geposted Sat 08 Mar 14 @ 12:20 pm
I use the mixdeck quad so I plug it in the music plays without any channel volumes up. anyone know why

geposted Sun 08 May 16 @ 6:51 pm
I JUST BOUGHT A MIXDECK QUAD AND I HAVE VIRTUAL DJ PRO BUT MY MIXER DOES NOT WORK WITH MY COMPUTER WHAT DO NEED CAME WITH OUT SOFTWARE BOUGHT FOR MY SON 15 CANT CONNECT HELP PLEASE,,,,,,,

geposted Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 1:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Thu 06 Apr 17 @ 4:22 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
tommyrocker007 wrote :
I use the mixdeck quad so I plug it in the music plays without any channel volumes up. anyone know why

yes, when the software loads, you need to slide the volume sliders to the relative position on the GUI, this will catch the command and sync the sliders with the software. the software loads at full volume and a lot of older numark equipment does not recieve relative position commands

just slide your sliders from top to bottom a few times and then leave them set at zero. everything will be fine. its just a Numark thing from some of their older controllers.

hope this helps

geposted Thu 20 Apr 17 @ 11:57 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
lady in red wrote :
I JUST BOUGHT A MIXDECK QUAD AND I HAVE VIRTUAL DJ PRO BUT MY MIXER DOES NOT WORK WITH MY COMPUTER WHAT DO NEED CAME WITH OUT SOFTWARE BOUGHT FOR MY SON 15 CANT CONNECT HELP PLEASE,,,,,,,

you have some options, you can purchase an infinity software licence, or you could subscribe to the monthly service.

geposted Fri 21 Apr 17 @ 12:00 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)