Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mixed In Key tag issue with VDJ
Greetings,

I just bought Mixed-In-Key Version 5 and finally after all these years understand the Camalot wheel. I'm having lots of fun. Mixes are soooh much better now.

But I have a problem with TAGs. I noticed VDJ isn't in MIK's apporved DJ software list. So I started a ticket with them to see why I can't override VDJ's KEY and KEY (Numeric).

This is what they said:

This is a problem with VDJ, not MIK. There is nothing that we can do on our end to get them to read the ID3 INITIALKEY tag if they don't want to.

I've tried the "VDJFlacTag" program, and I haven't been able to figure out how to put MIK results in the proper track TAGs. I can get the MIK KEYs into the first few characters of the COMMENT field. But indexing on that column is not ideal.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or should I just wait to see if VDJ Ver: 8 will allow what I want to do... and that is to replace VDJ's KEY and KEY (numerac) information with MIK's analyzed information.

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy

geposted Mon 30 Sep 13 @ 4:20 am
Hey,

i also use MIK.. and use the ammend filename option in the settings to write details at end of filename..

it gives me all the information i need while browsing.. ;-)

it looks a little something like this.. > > > 3822404_Pair_Of_Dice_Original_Mix - G# - 128.0

not sure if it'll help you while your waiting..

also having the Key column enabled, will show up the details above im not sure if there is a way to disable the scan function on song load, which does update the file information once it's loaded to a deck

geposted Mon 30 Sep 13 @ 4:36 am
that is a good program just hard to get it to list right...

geposted Mon 30 Sep 13 @ 7:05 am
Ethan44ControlleristMember since 2014
I've found a way to get the proper Mixed in Key codes into Virtual DJ. So not only minor key codes.

First of all I don't use Mixed in key but I do use the Mixed in key codes!

You need Keyfinder (freeware) to analyze the keys, download here: http://www.ibrahimshaath.co.uk/keyfinder/
There's a youtube video about how to use this program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqnD9h2Hm7w

The most important thing is to enter the correct codes in Preferences (so it can store the key in the tag '%initialkey%', don't worry about this tech stuff).
Just drop files into Keyfinder, analyze and it saves the key to that tag.

If you want VirtualDJ to come up with the Mixed In Key codes, add the colomn Key(Numeric).
Also very important. You have to scan your .mp3's all over again.

So start with a clean database in Virtual DJ, or remove it completely with settings and database and reinstall it.
Then when you load a song and analyze BPM's, you will see VDJ will show the right Mixed in Key code, so NOT ONLY for example 7A, when it's actually 7B!! It will show 7B. :)

Good luck..

geposted Wed 11 Jun 14 @ 10:31 am
pmak23Home userMember since 2016
MIK won't import cue points to VDJ. Is there a way to do this?

geposted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 12:36 pm
Set
Options/GetCuesFromTags

;0)

geposted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 12:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Well the user is probably asking for the opposite, but not sure. Anyways, if the question is to export Hotcues of VDJ so that other software can read, the answer is No, VirtualDJ doesnt save Hot cues in Tags (only reads those with the mentioned setting) so there is no way to export Hotcues created with VirtualDJ to another application.

geposted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 1:25 pm
I use Vcase from Gemini, has anyone else tried it?

geposted Fri 30 Sep 16 @ 7:52 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
I use this settings in MIK.

This will set the keys in the comment field in vdj, and to see if they (MIK vs. VDJ) really match I use the "Harmonic field" side by side in the browser that use vdjs own search for keys.

geposted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 8:25 am
pmak23 wrote :
MIK won't import cue points to VDJ. Is there a way to do this?

I Just Go To Batch And Hit Reload Tags And They Will Appear In VDJ

geposted Sat 13 Jan 24 @ 11:35 pm
@Manchy76 You do realise you are replying to a post from 2016? Over 7 years ago! 😳 A lot has changed since then. VirtualDJ is on version 2023 Public build b7831 and MiK is now version 10.2.1.4547

I've used MiK since its release in 2006. The trick is getting the settings right. There is no direct VDJ settings, you use the Serato settings for Exporting Cue Points then in VDJ select all files in the browser and right click menu reload tags. Here are my settings that I use every week for Update Tags and Export Cue Points.

If you have the Camelot Column open in VDJ then, checking with the Comments Column open will confirm the updated Camelot Tag.😉

geposted Sun 14 Jan 24 @ 8:46 am