Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help with effect key mapping Pioneer DDJ Ergo V

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi everyone,

I recently got myself a DDJ Ergo V and a friend gave me his Virtual DJ because he diddn't use it anymore.

I only need some help.

I'm trying to map the effect buttons to certain effects but it isn't letting me do that.
I tried everything, making a new entry, clicking key learn and action learn but it isn't letting me map the keys to an action I want.

Because I don't want to have to turn the knob to select an effect I just want to put an effect under the buttons 1,2 and 3 so the effect is always ready whenever I need it and I don't have to turn the knob to the desired effect as this takes too long and I miss the right effect moment due to that.

Is there a way to map certain effects like: beatgrid, flippindouble, backspin and the flanger directly to those 3 buttons on the DDJ Ergo so they become active when they are pressed and inactive when you press them again ?

thanks in advance for the help,

ThierryD

geposted Sun 16 Mar 14 @ 11:57 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The problem is LE is made for the specific controller (the one it was sold with) so I don't think you can remap.

geposted Sun 16 Mar 14 @ 12:08 pm
Oh, yeah I forgot to mention that the version my friend installed on my pc was the pro 7.4 version

geposted Sun 16 Mar 14 @ 4:10 pm
Which probably means both he and you are in breach of the End Use License Agreement.

You only have a licence of LE.

geposted Sun 16 Mar 14 @ 4:20 pm
thierryd wrote :
I recently got myself a DDJ Ergo V and a friend gave me his Virtual DJ because he diddn't use it anymore.

Your friend cannot give you his copy of VirtualDJ Pro. It makes no difference whether he still uses it or not.

VirtualDJ serial numbers are non-transferable and cannot be sold, given or transferred to another user. Doing so is a violation of the End User License Agreement: http://www.virtualdj.com/atomixproductions/disclaimer.html

You will also not have access to all the benefits that registered licensed users enjoy such as software upgrades and free add-ons such as effects, skins, etc. These benefits are only available to the original purchaser of the software.

Please uninstall this illegal copy of VirtualDJ Pro immediately and then purchase your own legitimate license for the software. You can upgrade from your VirtualDJ LE for DDJ-Ergo to the full VirtualDJ Pro at a considerable discount by going to: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

geposted Mon 17 Mar 14 @ 6:39 am
hi.i recently bought a DDJ ERGO V full package and also bought a MACBOOK PRO. after installing the DJ 7 LE, the left deck doesn't SYNC,configuration does not have the proper settings.it does not include ASIO.tried different settings but still not what i should expect from it all

geposted Sun 05 Jul 15 @ 2:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There are no ASIO drivers for Mac OSX computers. So dont worry about that.
About the SYNC issue, you simply need to press SHIFT+SYNC on the left deck each time you start VirtualDJ LE and you should be fine after that.

geposted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 2:07 pm
this is really really frustrating.i have my license key and the recommended laptop the MACBOOK PRO that i bought especially just for this DDJ ERGO V controller.why would i be given limited time to use my controller? i've read the installation manual,the recommended requirements,youtube videos,and overall,after all,this is disappointing. i feel like i've been robbed man

geposted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 9:33 pm
i was expecting after installing the program that the controller would light up like the picture of the controller on the package box

geposted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 10:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Visit http://www.virtualdj.com/le , enter your LE keycode (serial) and download and install VirtualDJ 8 LE to your computer.
Once installed, open VirtualDJ 8 and choose the LE mode from Settings-->LICENSES tab

You were probably trying to use your Ergo without entering the LE mode, which requires a Pro or Plus license to unlock full features.

geposted Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 10:31 pm
hi again.i just want to thank you for your help.i a really appreciate it but this controller is going back on EBAY.i tried the VDJ 8 LE and its jus too much "DONT KNOW WHY" for me.maybe my mac is missing something but there is no option to add music to database,there is a search column but i have to go find it while all my music is wiped out from the screen.the song i'm looking for doesn't show up.i know its there but.doesnt show. its jus completely different than how i see it on youtube.the only time i see this controller behaving like it should is only on standby.thanks again

geposted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 10:15 pm
i saw setup of the DDJ ERGO V with VDJ LE on a macbook pro on youtube. thats what i have. and it was a simple installation,everything worked like it should. sorry about my complains man.i just p.... off. thanks again

geposted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 10:34 pm
I don't own a Mac, so can't help you. However, there are plenty of Mac users here, and they should be able to help you. This thing we do takes some patience. Take some time to read the manual. If you right click a folder, go to batch, you should have an option that says "add to search DB". When you open configurations, do you have "show advance options" checked? Did you buy this controller new?

geposted Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 7:41 pm
did i buy it new? thats an interesting question.i bought it on eBay.the description said it was new.previous owner was caught up with work so he sold it and i bought it.ok maybe it was a bad choice of a buy... i have the VDJ 8 LE and VDJ LE. the LE version is original.CD came with the controller. the left deck doesn't SYNC ,it does indicate that I'm applying the action but it just doesn't SYNC with the right deck. the right deck is ok. SYNCs well. the audio output is ok. VDJ 8 LE however,the decks responds well.to search an audio i gotta go to contents unlimited then click SEARCH AUDIO or NETSEARCH which is a complete waste of time. when i type a song it shows me DOWNLOADING... or i have to manually scroll through folders searching. sucks really bad. i really don't know what to do

geposted Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 9:34 pm
If you load a song in each player, with 128 bpm in the left deck, and 130 bpm in the right deck, do not push play. Hit the sync button on the left deck, does it change the bpm? Do you have your own music, located on a hard drive? Were you able to register the software with Virtual DJ?

geposted Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 11:33 pm
hi.no it doesn't SYNC. yes i did register it and all my music is on the hard drive. i was looking on the internet about the requirements for the DDJ ERGO and i saw OPERATING SYSTEM 10.5 , 10.6 10.7. i checked mines,it is 10.10. is that a big problem?

geposted Sat 11 Jul 15 @ 10:23 pm
As stated, I don't use Macs. Can't you update the OS? I don't think that is you problem. Have you figured out how to search your hard drive yet?

geposted Sun 12 Jul 15 @ 1:16 pm
hi again.i got a problem with my ddj ergo v and the vdj 8. ok,it works well but only for ten minutes
then a dialog pops up with the different program license.the control is no longer respondinng to the program.
cool, i bought the $99 license which is more suitable for me cause i'm just a home Dj somtimes doin warms up.
i bought the license last week during chrismas holidays and booom!!!!!!! the control stop responding again.
YEAAAH!! wat a waste of money. is there like a permanent solution to not having to renew this scam and get everything
working like i want it???? PLEASE HELP WITH THIS FRUSTRATION

geposted Mon 26 Dec 16 @ 3:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)