Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mapping for Reloop Terminal Mix 8

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

are there any plans to support the Reloop Terminal Mix 8-Controller in Virtual DJ ?
I found this list: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20Controllers.html and found Terminal Mix 2 and 4 as "supported", but not TM8.

If not: I found a custom mapping for Terminal Mix 4. Is there a way to modify the files, so VDJ recognizes the TM8 with this TM4-Mapping?
I am never have done some mapping, but we was told, that many things in TM4 are similar to TM8, so we don't have to start from the scratch.

Thank you !

geposted Mon 05 May 14 @ 12:21 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
While VirtualDJ (VirtualDJ Controllers|natively) supports a large number of commonly used MIDI and HID controllers, both new and old, it is not possible to support every single controller in existence, especially if it has only just been released recently by the manufacturer and/or we have not been provided with a sample unit to be able to create a mapping for it.

Some more complex controllers may also take more time to map and may even require an update to VirtualDJ itself (E.g: Active spinning platters that require special bespoke coding to work correctly, custom display screens, etc.)

Controllers that ship with VirtualDJ LE (Limited Edition) included will normally be natively supported by default in the full VirtualDJ Professional. However, if the controller is a very recent release, then the current release version of Pro may not currently include the mapping for it yet. The mapping will be available when the [[When will the next version of VirtualDJ be released|next update for Pro is released]] or in some cases may be made available to download separately from our controllers add-on page (This is subject to agreement from the manufacturer.)

Controllers that are only used by a very small number of users, are not designed for DJ use (E.g: Musical keyboard (Piano/organ), drum pad, etc.) or are designed exclusively for use with a particular DJ software package are not normally natively supported.

To check whether a controller that you are intending to purchase is natively supported, please Install the latest version of VirtualDJ (Or Home FREE if you are testing before purchasing) and then go to CONFIG -> Mappers. Click on the button to the right of the drop-down list and untick the option to only show connected devices. The drop-down list will now show all supported controllers.

A list of controllers supported by VirtualDJ can also be found on the following page: (VirtualDJ Controllers|natively)
If the controller is not listed, then it is not currently natively supported. It might be natively supported in a future version of VirtualDJ, providing that there is sufficient demand and/or we have a sample unit from the manufacturer. Please note that it is not possible to tell you when or if a particular controller will be supported. Details of future updates to VirtualDJ and release dates are not publicly disclosed to avoid disappointment should it not be possible to include a controller/new feature and/or meet a deadline for any reason.

A user-made mapping for the controller might be available from the controllers download page.

Or depending on your computer knowledge/experience, you may be able to map it yourself - Please see How to map a MIDI Controller

NOTE: We would strongly recommend purchasing a controller that is already supported (VirtualDJ Controllers|natively supports).

geposted Mon 05 May 14 @ 5:47 am
DJBoguyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Okay Dude, but you can't leave this kind of controller without a customed mapping cause people will go serato. This is why some dj software join with controller manufacturers. The Virtual dj staff need to be more reactif.
Me too i'd like to have that mapping for Terminal mix 8. And i think too much people also around the world; so come one, just make one. ;-)

geposted Thu 15 May 14 @ 12:56 pm
+1

geposted Wed 21 May 14 @ 11:10 am
DJBoguyPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I get this from Reloop :
" Reloop - Solutions for DJs Hi again, Virtual DJ is in charge of the mappers for us - they are currently working on Plug and Play Mappings for the Terminal Mix 8 and Beatmix 4 - so they will be plug and play very shortly. You can contact virtualdj.com directly for more infos on that. Thx"
Does anyone confirm this? Cause, I'm about to throw back my Terùinal mix 8 next week.

geposted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 3:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 9:28 pm
A dream come true. a HUGE THANKS to the VDJ-Devs.

The Mapper is working great.

Again: THANK YOU :)

geposted Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 1:42 pm
kichu20PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi Sonic,
Have you tried virtual dj pro 8.0 with terminal mix ...? right now i am using the LE version ...my requirement is to use virtual dj pro 8 with terminal mix 4 with LE skin , i do have the legal pro version which i bought... can you send me the procedure how you installed and made it work with vdj pro 8?
thanks
kk

geposted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 11:09 am
The thread is for Terminal Mix 8 actually. Not 4. But anyways, the procedure is the same.
Install the ASIO drivers (only for Windows) , but those should be already there if you use the LE version.
Install VirtualDj 8 from this link... http://www.virtualdj.com/download/index.html
Once version 8 is launched, simply login with your virtualdj.com account credentials to the prompt Login window or in Config->Licenses tab
The unit should work as a plug n play.

geposted Tue 08 Jul 14 @ 2:58 pm
kichu20PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Thanks djdad, i assume the procedure is same for mac ver...? sorry i missed to mention in my previous msg.

kk

geposted Sat 12 Jul 14 @ 2:16 pm
EddyHediControlleristMember since 2015
Hi all. Im using Serato DJ with my reloop Terminal mix 8. I want to buy VirtualDJ 8 but I need to be sure if every think is perfectly mapped, specially the LOOP ROLL (on) button (did he set the loop to the active deck) and the DECK FX ASSIGNE.

geposted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 7:19 pm

geposted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 7:24 pm
djekipPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have a mapper to TM8 with little tweaks on it. Included search << >> buttons, stop button with traffic light. and Pitch reset.

geposted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 1:46 am
edsotoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Djdad thanks for the great skin and mapping for TM8. Is there a way to put a record button or option on the screen like the original VDJ8 skin? If there is something I can map myself or something I am missing please let me know but a button on the screen would be fantastic. Again thanks for the great skin an mapping for TM8.

geposted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 3:43 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)