Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video - Wishes and new features - Page: 8

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Would it be possible to make the ask.the.dj feed into a visualizer overlay?

geposted Fri 11 Oct 19 @ 9:19 pm
Don Moir wrote :
Would be a waste of processing time for VDJ as well when you can do it better with free software permanently.

Not really. Assuming VDJ use a transformation matrix already (which it seem to do) it's just a matter of plugging values for translate and scale. Anti-aliasing/resampling is already being applied when up/down-scaling video so there is insignificant impact on performance per-se, especially when using GPU.

Don Moir wrote :
Also complain to the providers for being lazy or whatever... but most don't enough to complain.
Handbrake will do it among others.

Agreed, though, I think the main reason is the degradation of the quality since most videos where this is a problem (afaics) are in SD format where reencoding will show more of an effect. The primary distributor seem to squeeze the size (or rather bit-rate) to a minimum already so there is not much to work with.

I currently use ffmpeg (free as Handbrake) as well as Premiere Pro if needed, but getting this as an real-time option inside VDJ will save us from all those hours of cropping and reencoding videos. Though, it gives the opportunity to fix colors, add logos etc.

Anyways.

geposted Thu 17 Oct 19 @ 5:00 am

geposted Sat 19 Oct 19 @ 9:00 pm
Option to use sample with or as a video transition effect

something had been brought up about it on the Facebook group and after some thought I can see it being useful as user customizable transition effect (like the Mask transition - but with LOTS more options instead of just the single graphic option)
being able to use a sample triggered with a particular transition effect would look cool.
add in a couple of animation effect options and it would be pretty amazing.

geposted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 12:17 am
stevoqxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I would like to make nice video-edits but it doesn't work as I would expect. You can find my ideas on the printscreen...

geposted Sun 17 Nov 19 @ 1:42 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Just a tweak to the grid transition, currently all the action happens in the first and final quarters of the vxf, I think 0-50 & 50-100 might look better.

Oh transition request for x64 "squares" please

geposted Tue 03 Dec 19 @ 9:32 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
When playing a video with 4:3 aspect could we have an option to keep the selected videoAudioOnlyVisualisation visible underneath, so rather than having the black bars, we could (for example) have a slideshow image or video partially visible on the edges.
Loving the "blur black bars" FX but for occasions like Xmas, Easter, Halloween etc displaying 4:3 videos with an appropriate border would be awesome.

geposted Sun 29 Dec 19 @ 6:28 pm
I like that idea.

+1 from me.

geposted Sun 29 Dec 19 @ 6:59 pm
I think I've said this before but I've just seen a shader that does something like it
https://www.shadertoy.com/view/3lKXRG | view on shadertoy | copy link

something like this but a bit more beat based.
I've found a source of shadertoy 'fx' that are ported over to FFGL but despite the fx loading in vdj they don't do anything.

geposted Sun 01 Mar 20 @ 3:24 am
another shader that would make a nice videofx, something like this with one dial going from near pixel perfect to low resolution

https://www.shadertoy.com/view/wdGSzy | view on shadertoy | copy link

looks better [more obvious] if you switch the shader input to briteny

geposted Thu 16 Apr 20 @ 10:20 pm
I have a wish for the text editor part of the video editor,
it needs some sort of editing program in there, like note pad or whatever, or at least the possibility to paste text into the text box simply to give a stand bild of the song text.
Some thing like this;

Maybe not many people would find this useful, but, I think anyone that uses VDJ to play backin tracks during their performance would be very happy.

I wish everyone out there good health,
keep smilin'
Ray

geposted Fri 17 Apr 20 @ 1:51 pm
PeteVanPolaris wrote :
Don Moir wrote :
Would be a waste of processing time for VDJ as well when you can do it better with free software permanently.

Not really. Assuming VDJ use a transformation matrix already (which it seem to do) it's just a matter of plugging values for translate and scale. Anti-aliasing/resampling is already being applied when up/down-scaling video so there is insignificant impact on performance per-se, especially when using GPU.

I was referring to auto detection by scanning the video. Yeah you could manually set some rect or have VDJ guess at it but still better to do it once and be done with it.
Don Moir wrote :
Also complain to the providers for being lazy or whatever... but most don't enough to complain.

PeteVanPolaris wrote :
Handbrake will do it among others.
Agreed, though, I think the main reason is the degradation of the quality since most videos where this is a problem (afaics) are in SD format where reencoding will show more of an effect. The primary distributor seem to squeeze the size (or rather bit-rate) to a minimum already so there is not much to work with.

I currently use ffmpeg (free as Handbrake) as well as Premiere Pro if needed, but getting this as an real-time option inside VDJ will save us from all those hours of cropping and reencoding videos. Though, it gives the opportunity to fix colors, add logos etc.

Anyways.

The added black bars have nothing to do with preserving quality. With the black bars removed, it would be the very same thing you want with you adding a rect or VDJ guessing at it based on format But you no longer have to worry about it and it will play anywhere like you expect it to, Maybe some old school thing to force video to 4/3 for some outdated player that can't deal with it otherwise. Maybe for it to able to play on old TV's which can''t image many care about that.

geposted Tue 28 Apr 20 @ 6:45 am
Don Moir wrote :
I was referring to auto detection by scanning the video. Yeah you could manually set some rect or have VDJ guess at it but still better to do it once and be done with it.

I would be more than happy if the "track cleaner" POI, or similar dialog, allowed you to draw a rectangle for cropping, after all, this is something that would be very handy for some of the older videos in my catalog and it would only need to be done once for a video.

geposted Tue 28 Apr 20 @ 11:18 am
Well not necessarily done once :)

I tried a few with hand brake with some variety and have some odd aspect ratios. They look fine display larger but not sure about it. You should try a few with hand brake and see what you think. It is something you can do now to see if you like it or not. You can also batch convert hands off... I get that conversion is not necessarily desirable but at least you can get an idea of how it will look and such.

What would be good if VDJ could scan the files as an offline thing and compute the rectangles for you possibly saved as a tag. Not sure if there is any existing tag for it but would be nice if there was.

geposted Wed 29 Apr 20 @ 2:38 pm
Don Moir wrote :
Well not necessarily done once :).

Hi Don
When I said it would only needed to be done once, I meant obviously after previewing the result, I would hope for any video that needed cropping, VDJ would save the crop dimensions in the database, or create a .vdjedit file as it does when cleaning tracks (that could of course be edited if needed) but typically would be done once per offending video.

VDJ could even have a fixed aspect ratio cropping rectangle, ie a rectangle set to 16:9 that you move and size around the video preview, to position as required, after all I wouldn't want the video to then get stretched to fit the screen after cropping it, it's not about necessarily removing ALL the black, just about removing 'excess' black bars to correct the view back to 16:9 (yes I am assuming most screens these days will be at that ratio sorry).

VDJ also offers a 'CROP' option in settings under 'letterboxing', I normally have 'BARS' selected so the video is displayed with the correct aspect, however if you were able to specify the 'CROP' letterboxing option on a per file basis when needed, that would solve the problem for 'most' files in a very simple (if not the best) way.

geposted Wed 29 Apr 20 @ 4:13 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
in fact it could be a usable for any video as well
The famous crop plugin, as asked for a loooong time (can be done)
just render a part of any picture
then call it at action POI
may be different for different part of the same track

geposted Wed 29 Apr 20 @ 6:42 pm
I would prefer a file tag

1) matter of trust with the VDJ so called database
2) it moves with the file
3) sellers could start adding the tag

Seems reasonable and if done thru proper channels could be adopted quickly.

geposted Fri 01 May 20 @ 6:56 am

geposted Sat 02 May 20 @ 6:29 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
https://www.shadertoy.com/view/WsffW7 | view on shadertoy | copy link
This shader is not compatible with VirtualDJ 32bit
and keep black / invisile with 64bit :(

geposted Sat 02 May 20 @ 6:39 pm
I'm not surprised it has a load of buffers and is a video shader [no video shaders work with vdj], I was putting forward the idea that it would be nice as a camera video fx

geposted Sat 02 May 20 @ 6:43 pm
73%