Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VirtualDJ 8 - 4 Decks Swap - Pads version - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

What are the graphics differences between the 4 pads Terminal Mix 8, 4 pads Pioneer DDJ-SX and the 4 pads Pioneer DDJ-SR?

geposted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 5:36 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No difference in graphics, apart from the side Parameter buttons that the DDJ-SX and DDJ-SR have.
The difference is in the assigned actions that the Pads have and the different modes each of the unit offers.

geposted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 8:17 am
Great work on the DDJ-SR skin djdad
Loving the fact that i can now use 3 fx.

Any chance of a 2 channel DDJ-SR skin that looks like the controller. (would be really appreciated)

geposted Sun 15 Jun 14 @ 2:01 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
DDJ SP1?

1+

@djdad:
imo the best skin so far. Thanks for that.
Could you ad Option for no cover/cover behind the text/ cover on jog?

Greets
Music234

geposted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 4:05 pm
@djdad

Loving the SX skin.... really appreciated - quick question is there already/any plans to implement the sandbox mode on the skin? I've looked all over but cant find it.....

geposted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 6:57 pm
music234 wrote :
beatbreaker1 wrote :
DDJ SP1?

1+

@djdad:
imo the best skin so far. Thanks for that.

Greets
Music234

The SX skin works well, the only difference is the Manual loops. The button [in/out & reloop/exit] are placed differently..............Miss the scratch wave in the middle though. Maybe since well be using this skin with an external mixer or controller with with a mixer section, replace the mixer section with the scratch wave??

geposted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 8:19 pm
music234 wrote :

An option to hide the cover already exists. Simply right-click on the Artist or Title texts on the deck.
Option to show cover on the jog, ok, added in my todo list. Next update will have that.

geposted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 8:49 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
The SX skin works well, the only difference is the Manual loops. The button [in/out & reloop/exit] are placed differently.

Humm u lost me here lol. The SX skin doesnt have any Loop In/Out buttons.

beatbreaker1 wrote :
Miss the scratch wave in the middle though. Maybe since well be using this skin with an external mixer or controller with with a mixer section, replace the mixer section with the scratch wave??

Why do you miss that so much ? :) Anyways, i could probably add that, no big deal, but the point is that we cant show any hotcue markers or grid lines , it will be s simple scratchwave, just like the default skins, so not sure how much helpful those will be without those info.

geposted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 8:54 pm
I know it doesn't but the pads do, lol!

As for the scratch wave really all I need it the grid lines like you've already done now with them up top. And I need the grid to be right for the few effects I do use.

Or maybe when you do make a DDJ SP1 version just ditch the mixer section altogether.

geposted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 9:06 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I know it doesn't but the pads do, lol!

As for the scratch wave really all I need it the grid lines like you've already done now with them up top. And I need the grid to be right for the few effects I do use. And I find it way easier to set cue points with the scratch wave verses the Rythum wave even more now because the points on the Rythum wave don't match with the pecks in the waves. As for knowing where my cue points are that's what the songpos wave is for, I don't really see anybody sitting there watching the Rythum wave for their next up coming cue point or loop point (at least I don't). The Rythum wave really doesn't help me.....

Or maybe when you do make a DDJ SP1 version just ditch the mixer section altogether.

geposted Mon 16 Jun 14 @ 9:17 pm
djdad wrote :

An option to hide the cover already exists. Simply right-click on the Artist or Title texts on the deck.
Option to show cover on the jog, ok, added in my todo list. Next update will have that.

Ah yes. Didn't know that.
Again: thank you ;o)

geposted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 1:01 am
90% of the time I'm using the Browser to find my tunes. 2% of the time I'm using 4 decks.

Can we please please have a 2deck and 4deck option in the DDJ-SX skin, and give us more browser real estate???

geposted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 2:47 am
Going to give this one a try. Loved the DDJ SX skin for 7.4 but when I read the options with this skin... This will be much more flexible as you want it to be haha.
Can't wait to try.

geposted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 6:30 am
the DDJ-SX skin has been updated.

Version 2.0

• Added 2 Decks mode
  • Added Additional Large Browser Mode
  • New Options menu on top
  • Fixed Tooltip not showing over Artist/title

Download link : http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16791/VirtualDJ_8_-_Pads_-_Pioneer_DDJ-SX.html

Tip. Some useful actions to assign to keyboard or controller keys and easily change things on the skin, without using the Options menu
toggle '$browser' : toggles between the Large and the Normal Browser Modes
toggle '@$videomode' : toggles between the Audio and the Video Modes
load_skin ':2 Decks' : loads the 2 Decks skin
load_skin ':4 Decks' : loads the 4 Decks skin

Note : Even if the 2 Decks skin only shows 2 Decks, it is still a 4 Decks skin, and it will show deck 3 and deck 4 with the proper colors if swapped

geposted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 7:52 pm
like like like. thank you thank you.

geposted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 4:37 am
Well I may have found my new skin until the SP1 version comes out!!

This is working wonders with my Mixdeck Quad and SP1, Big ups Bob!!

I will say this though when setting a cue point the white wave lines are off and off just enough to throw things off. Same goes for the beat grid markers.

geposted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 9:55 am
Just tried the 2.0 version on my DDJ SX.

I notice that the sampler with the instruments pane active does not correspond to the correct pads.
The pads with the video samples pane active doesn't correspond either with the pads.

And the second thing is not a skin thing i think, but my equalizer doesn't have any effect when i listen on the headphones. I see the bass, treble and high knob moving on the skin, but nothing happens with the sound.
The master sound does give me the sound i expect, but the headphones (CUE) does not.

geposted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 1:55 pm
Yes, thats true. and unfortunately for the skinners, the way the Instruments bank is defined, there is no easy way to follow the order that the samples have in that bank.
I have personally changed the order of the xml file as followed.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<samplerbank>
<sample path="Instruments\Kick.vdjsample" group="BEATS" color="red" col="0" row="0" />
<sample path="Instruments\Kick Hard.vdjsample" group="BEATS" color="red" col="1" row="0" />
<sample path="Instruments\Kick Snare.vdjsample" group="BEATS" color="red" col="2" row="0" />
<sample path="Instruments\Kick Clap.vdjsample" group="BEATS" color="red" col="3" row="0" />
<sample path="Instruments\HiHat 1.vdjsample" group="HATS" color="#FF0080FF" col="0" row="1" />
<sample path="Instruments\HiHat 2.vdjsample" group="HATS" color="#FF0080FF" col="1" row="1" />
<sample path="Instruments\HiHat 3.vdjsample" group="HATS" color="#FF0080FF" col="2" row="1" />
<sample path="Instruments\HiHat 4.vdjsample" group="HATS" color="#FF0080FF" col="3" row="1" />
<sample path="Instruments\Synth 1.vdjsample" group="KEYBOARD" color="yellow" col="0" row="2" />
<sample path="Instruments\Synth 2.vdjsample" group="KEYBOARD" color="yellow" col="1" row="2" />
<sample path="Instruments\Synth 3.vdjsample" group="KEYBOARD" color="yellow" col="2" row="2" />
<sample path="Instruments\Synth Melo.vdjsample" color="#C0C0C000" col="3" row="2" />
</samplerbank>

(thats the Instruments.xml file in /virtualdj/Sampler folder )

If you wish the EQ to be heard in Headphones too, set the EqInHeadphones setting to Yes (Config->Options)

geposted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 3:20 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I will say this though when setting a cue point the white wave lines are off and off just enough to throw things off. Same goes for the beat grid markers.

Hmm, are you saying that this is skin related ? If yes, can you post a screenshot comparing the default skin and this one with the same song cued ?

EDIT.. Ahh probably i see what you mean. Simply move the Zoom Slider on the left side a bit, in order both the Scratchwave and thr Grids to be aligned.

Btw, the DDJ-SP1 default mapper will be slightly updated, probably next week, in order to follow the same mapping actions as the DDJSX and have some kind of consistency, so the skin for the DDJ-SP1 will follow right after that.

geposted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 3:26 pm
I must admit that the Reloop terminal Mix 8 is one of my favorite controllers at the moment. So took the time and updated the skin.

Reloop TM8 - Version 2.0 is available

Download link : http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16789/VirtualDJ_8_-_Pads_-_Reloop_TM8.html

• Added 2 Decks Mode
  • Added dual Browser View
  • New Options skin menu on the top
  • New layout for the Deck control buttons to match the controller
  • New Deck Options menu
  • New Jog View (Reloop Logo)
  • Swapped Pitch-Jog position to match the controller
  • Fixed Sampler Mode on right deck to display samples properly when a bank has more than 8 samples
  • Changed Led behavior for the pitch reset
  • Moved Keylock next to Pitch

Some useful actions to assign to keyboard or controller keys and easily change things on the skin, without using the Options menu
toggle '$browser' : toggles between the Large and the Normal Browser Modes
toggle '@$videomode' : toggles between the Audio and the Video Modes
load_skin ':2 Decks' : loads the 2 Decks skin
load_skin ':4 Decks' : loads the 4 Decks skin

Note : Even if the 2 Decks skin only shows 2 Decks, it is still a 4 Decks skin, and it will show deck 3 and deck 4 with the proper colors if swapped

geposted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 6:47 pm
32%