Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Beat lock?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I notice that key lock, master tempo and and beat lock are now the same thing. Is this right?

The reason i say this is because the beatlock button on my RMX now turns keylock on and off, also in the VDJ8 settings keylock is called master tempo. Has it always been called master tempo? where did I get the term key lock from?

geposted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 11:58 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I think key lock and master tempo equate to the same thing, (I'm willing to be corrected) beat lock however is when scratching when you let go the CBG will stay synced.

geposted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 3:00 pm
Hello Charlie, so far while using some new features in VDJ 8 I can easily tell you what I've found out through various testings ...

Master Tempo & Key Lock are not the same thing ...

Master Tempo keeps the Harmonics & the Vocals (Key) of the song stable when you Increase or Decrease BPMs to it, the song only changes in Beat (Speed) but virtually sounds the same, an issue that existed in the previous version when you altered the BPM over 3-4%, it either sounded a bit faster or a bit slower ...

Key Lock on the other hand stabilizes the Key of the 1st song you've applied this feature, passing it over to the next songs you play, it Locks the Harmonics & the Tempo of the song, you need to be careful with this feature, because after a couple of songs, the vocals & the song in general may sound a bit distorted & strange ...

Beat Lock is similar to Key Lock it locks the Beat, keeping it stable & passing it over to the songs that follow ...

Hope I was helpful ...

geposted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 4:56 pm
Thanks I'll have a play with this tomorrow.

geposted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 6:14 pm
DJDonnyTControlleristMember since 2014
Hi, I'm used to the old VDJ Keylock function where you could turn off Keylock, re-pitch, turn Keylock back on and lock that new pitch, and then change tempo. It seems like this can't be done in VDJ8? This seems like a huge loss of functionality! Please comment.

Thanks,
Drew

geposted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 4:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)