Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: mAudio X-Session Evolution midi controller

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

added to my "Retro is best" collection ..is the Evolution controller.got it first as an emergency crossover.that works good though the long travel need time to get used to.but also cause I like things that I can use with my other midi setups,lets see...hmm ...I could use it as a mixer with my stantons Scs-3d's or midi controllers with say my Korg Volca series synths & beatbox,as they get clock sync from VDJ7 (but whats up with v8?,we're still waiting..)...so anybody else using this? how would you map it?...

geposted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 9:44 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just a quick Q,since we didnt have the chance to verify that all natively supported controllers work well, (especially the old and discontinued ones) .. both Xsession and Xponent work fine/get properly detected and offer factory default mapping ?

geposted Wed 02 Jul 14 @ 11:36 pm
yeah Dad.had a bit of dificulty..then figured it out.actually I googled about the Evolution,if it needed drivers.it says that it runs on native windows midi drivers..though I had found and installed those for the X-session controller (mixer,not the Evolution)...now theres a trick and its because of the xponent finicky drivers..in order to have vdj detect the evolution you must connect it first.then the xponent,then open vdj.then select under controllers.then map say the crossover since its the most natural.I did notice me having to guess with the knobs as they are mapped for Logic and I havent undone that.so when you try to get vdj to "learn' by moving a knob it brings up various choices..anyway..what all folks here should know is that if you have probllems closing vdj is because as there is a order to connect the controllers...so is there a order to shut down vdj without a crash imao.namely you must first disconnect thr evolution controller.then hit "X" in vdj to close it followed by any button on the xponent.that will close vdj...as for the assigments of the knobs..you know what I'm after,to say intergrate with more than two effect knobs and one of your classy skins ;)

geposted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 1:33 am
djdad wrote :
Just a quick Q,since we didnt have the chance to verify that all natively supported controllers work well, (especially the old and discontinued ones) .. both Xsession and Xponent work fine/get properly detected and offer factory default mapping ?

sorry if I missed your question Dad.as you may know the xponent is fully suported bu vdj.when I first had problem you,phantom & touchdan helped me out.first thing is to let vdj open the native map by moving the old maps to a new folder which we make in vdj and call it "Backup".while vdj is close of course.now when we open vdj it fabricates a fresh new map (clean plate?),starting point for vdj 8.now we remap whatever else we need.as for the Evolution ..it is a "universal type controller,but that is only because you will need to remap it eventually in order to use with more that one system.it has memory locations to store these so you have a VDJ map (or two,after you do so) and a map for Reason,Logic, and so on...hope that helps..actually both of these units are mAudio and both are only about 5 years old.midi is older than that,more like 35 years ;)..right?

geposted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 1:56 am
Yes!..2nd Xponent arrived today.everything working great!,plus the gig bag (the copy of Torq? ha,ha noway!).and all for less than the first.nice..

geposted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 6:02 pm
yes...Retro is good...

my little toyota truck lol....someday this is gonna get the Hot Rod treatment.a lilttle paint and a airscoop :)

geposted Thu 03 Jul 14 @ 8:10 pm
BTW..I was the one who contacted ACW to update his mapping for the xponent,but I had allready made mine,since I need mine with different buttons such as the boost changed to 4 deck swap.he quickly uploaded the new but did not post any anoucements on it nor anyone mentioned it...Also Im waiting on a more upscale controller soon...yep!

geposted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 7:16 pm
wierdest thing.one xponent's crossover quit so I bought another.did'nt even think of trying both together.when i figured how the second wouldnt respond until i clicked on the second xponent map now available under controllers.this made both pair up in perfect harmony.just had to map the hot cues.one xponent is running my map for deck swapin except decks 3 &4 are now controlled by xponent two.the boost buttons on either side of the crossover on xponent one has my swap map,whilt the boost buttons on xponent two has the "boost" funtions.all audio comes out of xponent one.knew if i used usb for both their will be conflicts.instead I simply use good old midi from xponent two to xponent one.vdj instantly reconized what was going on and reset itself for the 4 deck assigments...nice!

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 2:21 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I liked Xponent too. Although mine is gone already, It was my favorite controller before I tried CDJs and Turntables.
This photo was taken long ago when I was still learning and getting familiar with timecode.

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 1:32 pm
nice picture! one of the best one I've seen with a xponent.so you used yet another sound card for the turntables? I have Stantons & the hercules Rmx as well but TC is having issues with vdj8 so until they get that sorted.but also they are heavy and bulky hence my reason to switching to controller consoles....

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 1:49 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Everything on this set up is gone now except for the Imac 21".
But yeah, it was the soundcard of the Denon DN-X1600 that I had used as the soundcard.

geposted Fri 11 Jul 14 @ 5:27 pm
Had a problem with the new xponent mapping from ACW, I could'nt undo the sysex mod he did,until last nite.Ive managed to rewrite the sysex hack from ACW mapping and disconnected the device def from using program "B" for decks 3&4.its all 4 decks are on program "A" as default,at the top of the unique device defenition xml file which I had moved from the device folder,I figured it had to go back but rewritten so I took looked at the code and I deleted all sysex commands at the top pf the script and replaced with the verb "default".then I had to remap the cues to hot cues and the boost button to be a deck swap button.its now back to my original mapping...cool.

geposted Sat 09 Aug 14 @ 4:03 pm
Had more problems with this so started jugglin maps lol,no go.then as I was adviced again to delete all and let it reload the native map and remap,but still problems.then I remember seeing a second map that was called "midi audio in" under config but not in the folder.instead a map called "simple midi maper" as well as the standard map.finally figured thats it and placed a copy of that back.well it didnt want to do anything untill I allowed the updats to install and boom! all back perfect.no while that audio in map was not in its place I had developed the cracking distorted syndrome lol..just in time too cause I just got my Asus 3D 23' monitor and its Awsome but found out more for the 3D.besides the nvidia glasses kit with the emitter (usb transmitter) I need a mini display port from the Alienware to DVI dual-link cable as 3d wont work from hdmi or VGA...jeeez why things gotta be so complicated!..but Also..there was a problem with the Xsession Evolution? it was the mapper I downloaded by mistake,not for this but for the Xsession mixer,and I had copied in the mapper folder for vdj7.it uses totally different coding...so once again huh we learn something..

geposted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 9:40 pm
Mine doesn't even have a default map.. I had no issues with my old one, then had to replace it due to crossfader failure and this one is not seen by vdj, only can map it simple. There were talks that no one seems to remember that happened years ago with this controller and it had something to do with how the control reported as midi or notes or somethin like that, but like I said no one seems to remember this.. I gave up.. Love the controller and it is working mapped "simple"...

geposted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 2:22 am
same here brian.using simple mapper.got another one last weekwas thinking if I have two xponents then two xsessions is ideal.nonetheless these are great for midi keyboards that lack controls,so I have many uses for them...

geposted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 3:09 am
I honestly only use mine for the crossfader, use 2 buttons for deck select, and use 2 knobs for headphone mix and vol. The rest I use the 24" touchscreen.

geposted Mon 25 Aug 14 @ 3:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@tracker,

Havent followed the entire log of this post, but i saw your post in the regression forum, so i ve made a change in the definition that may help. The change requires builds ending at .781 or higher.
so launch version 8, leave it idle for a few minutes (in order to silently download and update the controllers version) and relaunch.
Make sure (from Config) that your build ends at 781 (or higher) and let me know if the Xponent is back to left-right

Btw, according to the definition, indeed the unit offers dual layers per side, so in theory its a 4 deck controller.

With the change i ve made the Xponent will look like a 2 deck controller now, so you should be able to assign one to decks 1.2 and the other to 3,4 (hopefully). Not sure either which button(s) is (are) the one(s) that switch from one layer to the other.
Can you enlight me here, since i dont have the unit ?

geposted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 6:14 pm
yes sir..its that program switch in front of the unit that got activated so decks 3&4 run on progam "B",if you are using ACW's device def xml as reference you will see that he coded something there for "program" and I guess since its a midi overwrite then vdj doesnt recognize it as standard?, I've noticed that when running properly and after I reconfigure the audio for headphoes (it first selects channels 1&2,same as the master which obviously wont work) to channels 3&4...that a second maper is made called midi audio and then its working properly.sorry I took long,was talking to nvidia about how to get my Asus 3d to work with the Alien's miniport or hdmi,turns i gotta get a dvi-d "active" adapter,or get the followup monitor which did allow 3d over hdmi..imao once again on behalf of all xponent owners,thank you...
edit,edit,edit!...the program button is what mAudio uses,warning! it is a hardware switcher and therefore could be actually connected to a Audio bypass.thats why thats a bad idea.I use the code you gave me on button "boost" which is available on both sides of the crossfader.perfect..

geposted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 6:39 pm
Also...I recently came up with a mod on that code thinking it would force the decks 3 & 4 back to program "A" by using the "select" command.but its a good swap method,tags cue select to deck select like this...
device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck & select: deck 1 leftdeck & select: deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck & select: deck 2 rightdeck & select

geposted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 7:01 pm
djdad wrote :

Btw, according to the definition, indeed the unit offers dual layers per side, so in theory its a 4 deck controller.
With the change i ve made the Xponent will look like a 2 deck controller now, so you should be able to assign one to decks 1.2 and the other to 3,4 (hopefully). Not sure either which button(s) is (are) the one(s) that switch from one layer to the other.

yes,when I got this controller I I did'nt realized that mAudio made it as a 4 deck..and I didnt get a cd installer so I just searched for the 64bit drivers and connected to vdj (did this on version 7 first,then 8 came out) so it behaved as a 2 deck controller and since I never played with one I didnt know what the switch in the front was for.it did nothing on program "B"...then I read somewhere that it could be used for controlling other stuff via midi like hardware or studio recording software like reason.but without torq's control panel to configure it then this is not active.and since torq has conflicts with vdj I just dont bother with it.

geposted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 7:40 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)