Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: display next hotcue name, is it possible?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've just discovered you can query if a var = another var, with this in mind would it be possible for a skin to show the name of the next coming hotcue
This might not be possible but
Lets say the cues occur in order, so you have vdj constantly turning the current beat into a var and querying it against the hotcues like so
var_smaller "beatVar" "hotcue1beatVar" ?
----Whatever the skin code is to show hotcue 1 text :
---- var_smaller "beatVar" "hotcue2beatVar" ?
--------------Whatever the skin code is to show hotcue 2 text :
-------------- and so on

geposted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 7:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can use the following text elements:
%nextcue
%prevcue
%nextcuename
%prevcuename

so you can make <text format="next cue in %nextcue" />

geposted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 8:56 pm
%nextcuename, fantastic! Much simpler,

geposted Fri 04 Jul 14 @ 9:15 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Cool feature, will be implemented in the next version of VirtualDJ 8 but by fruit ! :)

geposted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 12:04 pm
Fruit, I have no doubt it'll be great,
if you want another idea how about resurrecting the V7 effects page, (browser panel switch) showing all the stock effects (maybe not the full beat grid effect just the pattern slider), with every dial (for both decks, 4 decks may be a squeeze) and handy effect_active indicators / maybe even on off buttons.

geposted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 2:37 pm
Yes I'm thinking about it too, but it would rather be at the place of the mixer, in mixer's master tab.

geposted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 3:28 pm
You'd never fit every stock effect in the mixer panel, and personally I rather keep that view as a mixer, how much time do you need the browser really? Often but only for 30 seconds or so, for a lot of the time it is space wasted (redundant) I am am not referring to to karaoke or automix users

geposted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 3:48 pm
Personally i see no benefit to have every single stock effects options available in one view.

In my opinion it would look chaotic and confusing. Might be something you need to do yourself.

geposted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 4:20 pm
Was mainly talking bout the sampler. Effects in vdj8 need more brainstorming, maybe in the form of racks like djdad did in his v8 multi effects that's a smart handling... Dunno what to do at this time. But I read suggestions from everybody and will decide later how to handle it the proper way.

geposted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 4:48 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)