Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Something new to play with 2x CDJ-850Ks or 2x Denon 3900's?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I'm a Denon diehard fanboy, however I want to know the consensus of either 850K's or 3900's. They both have Pros/Cons, and I have personally used both. I think I know what direction I want to go in, however what do you all think?

geposted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 10:11 pm
depends on you & what u want. i started on TT then onto Denon DN-s3500, then to numark NS7. now denon sc-3900's and why my choices ? bottom line i love spinning platters. coming from TT only made since to keep DJing with spinning platters

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 3:17 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I love (and own) the 3900s but if you're intending to use them with VDJ8 then I'd say stick to the Pioneers.

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 8:09 am
The spinning platters kinda bring me back to when I started with vinyl in the 80's...

I am going to use them with both USB's and VDJ. What's the concern with the 3900's and VDJ8?

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 7:29 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
* Intermittent loss of platter control requiring a VDJ restart to recover
* Intermittent sudden speed increases (20%+) of tracks during playback
* Intermittent interruption on audio when loading a track on the other deck - it's not a dropout, the playback on the other deck slows massively then speeds back up

I've had the last issue in that list in v7 as well as v8. So whilst the 3900 is easily the better deck, I would sadly recommend the Pioneer.

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 7:42 pm
Again these are 'toys' and not anything really production. I use a dn3000 and dn6000mk2 for events. These would be for playing around with in my office.

I suspect the issues that you explain about are bugs in VDJ8 and at some point would be corrected.

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 10:01 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)