Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How large is your hard drive?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Just curious...how big of a hard drive are you guys running?

My laptop has an internal 1 terrabyte with a 256 SSD. I keep mostly audio on that one. I have an external 4 terrabyte that's for all my videos (about 17,000 in total).

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 7:13 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
240 GB internal, 1/2 TB external back up, on my lesser machine with only a 80 GB drive (lol!) I used several 32GB mSD cards (via SD, pro duo & SD to usb adaptor) to add music for the occasion. And to be honest there's a lot of bubble gum commercial dance that I would happily get rid of if I ever needed space.

That's plenty for audio only djing, maybe a squeeze if there's a lot of .flac.

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 9:45 am
I use a 1.5Tb external drive on each of my laptops. This is plenty for me at the moment, as they only contain audio files, and not any video.

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 10:26 am
I would like to use a 1TB external drive purely for audio files,could you suggest a model or minimum spec that would be best suited thanks.

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 10:30 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Maplins or Staples have some decent 1TB seagate (usb 3.0) numbers for about £60. They might not be the cheapest around but they are convenient (more or less everywhere has a staples)

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 1:27 pm
256gb internal SSD on all my machines. I keep my music collection clean and organised so that is more than enough space. I also don't do video which helps keep the storage down.

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 2:51 pm
1 tb native drive + 2 tb drive for music and video with extra drive bays for expansion. in a pinch we can plug in any one of 4 externals all backed up with 2 clubs worth of music and video.

we're looking into building an intranet so that music bought by the clubs is stored on a rack server with a stack of 2-3tb drives. would make things interesting.

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 3:08 pm
One 128 SSD, and 4 2TB internals. I also have 2 1TB and 1 2TB externals in a bag, in case I have to use my laptop as a backup.

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 3:26 pm
Soulconnxion wrote :
I would like to use a 1TB external drive purely for audio files,could you suggest a model or minimum spec that would be best suited thanks.

Pow, here you go. I have this in a 2TB version.

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 4:00 pm
Thanks for the suggestions

geposted Wed 23 Jul 14 @ 11:37 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
A Man and His Music wrote :

Pow, here you go. I have this in a 2TB version.

+1 for this.

I'm using 2 of them.

geposted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 4:18 am
Keep in mind also that it's back to school shopping time, so you will find 1 and 2 terrabyte drives extremely cheap. Here in the states, at Target, I saw a 1 terrabyte western digital for $55 in their back to school aisles.

geposted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 7:37 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
All of my Mac's are running a 480GB Crucial SDD, however I don't keep any audio on the machines themselves.

I rely on 3 Seagate 1TB USB 3.0 HDD's. (I only use one drive at a time since they are all replica's of each other in the event a drive fails.)

geposted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 1:25 pm
2 500gb drives one in laptop and backup installed in my desktop, well the laptop might be the backup cause i do all my playlist grouping, sound leveling and file structuring on the desktop then clone it to the laptop.

geposted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 11:46 am
I just have a 256 gig inside my MBP and that's enough for me. I just keep what the crowd love to hear and that's it.

geposted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 2:38 am
That's great if you play to the same crowd, all of the time, or don't play on a regular basis. I do three nights a week, and mobile. Last week I did a graduation party for high school students, at a private home. You know all the cool kids, they were not there. It was 10 kids, all day. I got 2 hours over time, playing Tull, Zeppelin, Cream, Dead, and so on, for the parents. Last month, a birthday party for an 8 year old, father was Polish and mother from Jamaica. I had to hire a Polish girl to MC. I regularly play Russian and Ukrainian club videos. I don't know the meaning of too much music.

geposted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 11:58 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I carry about 14,000 songs (give or take...) I play in the same place every week (2 nights per week), which is a lounge where I play anything and everything. (Could go from Bon Jovi to a 3 hour set of NYC underground dance music.)

I also have a mobile company and do everything from Communions to Mitzvahs to Weddings...

You are right, never enough music and you need to be prepared for anything and everything!

geposted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 1:20 pm
I'm using a Toshiba 1Tb USB 3.0 external drive only for music and it's enough for me at the moment.

I always evaded to use internal drives for the "where is that tune?" thing...

geposted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 5:41 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)