Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Karaoke and automix (VDJ 8) - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

what im looking to do with the software is use deck 1 with automix for background music and deck 2 only for karaoke but i would like to be able to mix between decks. I.E if i had a karaoke track playing in deck2, then when the track finishes i would like it to automix to deck1 leaving deck2 empty ready for me to add another karaoke track, then when im ready to play the deck2 have it automix over to the karaoke. Is this possible?

I really hope this makes sence to someone and that they can point me in the right direction

geposted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 7:04 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
That's pretty much how I run my karaoke show - a playlist of background music on automix on one deck, and karaoke tracks on the other. The mixing between the two decks isn't automatic though. When the singer is ready, I just crossfade to the karaoke track, start it playing, and hit the pause on the automix deck. At the end of the song, crossfade back over and unpause. Works for me... ;)

geposted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 10:20 am
There is a feature that will play an autolist between songs, just right click on the dot in the karaoke box and select "Background Music".

However, I would like to know if it's possible for this to be loaded into a seperate deck as it currently loads it into the same deck as the karaoke song. I would like to have the background music at about 50% volume, but if I did this, it would affect my karaoke track as well.

geposted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 2:53 pm
Ok guys, this was confusing to me in the beginning too. VDJ8 already does everything you're asking, and it does perfect. How it works, you build a playlist, I use 25-30 songs. Load the playlist in automix, then switch the side window to karaoke. In the top right, there's a little square button with a microphone icon and the automix icon. Push the button to start the karaoke background music, which is the playlist you loaded into automix. It will start playing on B deck. B deck ALSO becomes the karaoke deck. When you load a karaoke song into B deck and start it, the background music fades out and the karaoke song plays. When the karaoke song is over, the background music automatically starts and fades back in. Next to that little square button, is a dot button you click on to select background music from automix (works best), select a background image, and it's displayed between karaoke songs when the background music is playing!! Go into settings, options, karaoke, to select the volume you want for the background music. It's great, and works perfect!! VDJ8 does it all, heck I got frickin' button for PIZZA!!!

geposted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 4:16 pm
Ah, thanks for pointing out the volume control option, that's exactly what I was looking for. :)

geposted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 4:41 pm
Thanks for the above information.

I've tried this and it does work really well, the only thing that is different for me is that when the karaoke song is over, the automix starts from the next track as opposed to fading back in from where it left off - is there a setting to change this?

geposted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 4:54 am
Ian you're correct about new song each time. That's why I load a library of 25-30. I haven't been able to find any other way to make it work, but I think I'll go put it in the wish forum. Greets to ya!

geposted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 6:03 pm
I am using VJ8 and I dont see an option to adjust the automix volume for background music.

geposted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 1:01 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
This setting is called "karaokeBackgroundVolume".

Maybe you have to check "show advanced settings" first to see this option.

geposted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 5:14 am
Why would you want it to go back to where it left off? Suppose it left off with 6 seconds left on the track, what's the benefit of playing 6 seconds? Even if it's 30 seconds, that's like playing a song twice in the span of 4 minutes. I just don't see the benefit of playing a song part way through. It's not like this is a mix, it's background. They have already forgotten about that track.

geposted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 2:35 pm
russellhearn69 wrote :
what im looking to do with the software is use deck 1 with automix for background music and deck 2 only for karaoke but i would like to be able to mix between decks. I.E if i had a karaoke track playing in deck2, then when the track finishes i would like it to automix to deck1 leaving deck2 empty ready for me to add another karaoke track, then when im ready to play the deck2 have it automix over to the karaoke. Is this possible?

I really hope this makes sence to someone and that they can point me in the right direction

You can use automixdualdeck in config. This gives you dual deck, but you will have to activate each time you want to automix. I don't know if I understand what you are trying to do.

geposted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 2:45 pm
Hi anyone know how to show the main mix in video mode ? so how to get rid of the static image and the vids show on the screen? Thx in advance

geposted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 1:12 pm
Your question has nothing to do with this thread. Please do not hijack this or any other thread.

geposted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 2:46 pm
Hey all so i'm still having a few issues wondering if anyone can help me out, still relatively new to VDJ8 and getting my head around it, but for the life of me i can't work out, when a karaoke song finishes playing i want the automix to start playing (so if i've left the decks during a person singing, it will play and i have time to get back to the deck, nothing worse than dead air). low and behold though i can't get this feature working. i've clicked "start automix" which just starts playing. i've set background music in the settings to automix but i'm not getting any luck and i'm at wits end trying to work it out lol. has anyone else had this challenge? how did you overcome it. hope someone can assist me here. thanks in advance guys :)

geposted Sat 13 Dec 14 @ 6:16 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You just have to use 'Start Karaoke', then it will play music from your automix list automatically until you press play on the karaoke track.

geposted Sun 14 Dec 14 @ 6:55 am
The benefits of using two decks for karaoke is: Most karaoke songs are bass heavy. Using two decks allows for seperate equalization for karaoke and background music. Having to use the same deck means eqing for every song.

geposted Wed 21 Jan 15 @ 1:02 pm
Is there a way to keep a Karaoke singer history similar to Karma or Karaoki?

geposted Mon 09 Feb 15 @ 4:03 pm
Arniev33PRO SubscriberMember since 2015
I want to know if its possible in vdj karaoke to play background music videos, in-between karaoke singers. Not just background music? What I mean is when the karaoke song ends and it fades into the background music, it will fade into a background video instead??

geposted Fri 21 Aug 15 @ 4:12 am
This might have already been answered, but I haven't been able to find it. When using the auto karaoke mode, the karaoke song is automatically deleted from the list after it's done playing. Is there a way to stop it from doing that? In the regular karaoke mode I use it as a rotation manager and keep the songs on the list so I can keep all my singers in order. I only delete the played song after the singer has put in a new song so they don't lose their place in the rotation.

geposted Wed 13 Jan 16 @ 7:36 pm
hi there

really like the automix feature on the karaoke however ive noticed the background songs don't crossfade between each track like they normally would in an automix they just play back to back, am i missing something?

geposted Sun 16 Oct 16 @ 10:39 pm
87%