Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Getting nervous. CDJ2000's with Virtual DJ 8?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Greetings.

In my small town we have no CDJ2000's. I have no real way to practice on them. My concern is that I have an opportunity to spin in Vegas and I just know that those decks are pretty much the standard. Frankly, I've spent too many years finessing my database on VDJ that I am not willing to switch to Serato just for one night (even though it IS Vegas ;).

My questions are:
How plug and play are they?
Drivers needed beforehand?
Anything else I need besides my laptop and 2 USBs?
And finally, what are the audio settings on VDJ8 for these and an external mixer?

I guess I just need the ultimate crash course/survival guide before I dive in. ANY tips or knowledge would be so helpful.

geposted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 12:33 am
We had two set up in the booth in AC last week, but it was hooked up to a Mac, so I did not use. I'm sure one of the other guys will be here to help you. I will keep my eye out for you. Good luck in Vegas.

geposted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 2:12 am
Aaro2n2001 wrote :

1.How plug and play are they?
2.Drivers needed beforehand?
3.Anything else I need besides my laptop and 2 USBs?
4.What are the audio settings on VDJ8 for these and an external mixer?

1. You should plug them onto your computer and click on the 'Computer' button left-side of the screen.
2. You can find everything you need on this page : http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/44/106/CDJ-2000/media.html
3. You just need a mixer, plug on Virtual DJ or independantly (not pluged onto computer) and for sure RCA cables for the sound from the CDJs.
4. I think you have to select the Pioneer Asio soundcard. The sound will come from VDJ into the Pioneer's soundcard and going directly in the mixer. Maybe I am wrong. If you want to plug the mixer on your computer, you will need to choose the mixer as the principal soundcard and use the Pioneers as controllers only.

geposted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 11:57 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
To add to what has been suggested. Even though there aren't any in your town, there might be at a local music store. Guitar Center or Sam Ash might have one or tow. Bring your lappy in and hook it up at the store. Most stores are cool with that, if you let them think you might purchase some at a later date.

geposted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 5:52 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
My CDJ2000NXS are automatically detected by VDJ 8 in Mac. Even the decks assignment are always perfect (no need to press eject to swap decks). I suggest to have all the drivers installed on your laptop... or compiled on a USB stick.

DJM900NXS - DJM900SRT
CDJ2000 - CDJ2000NXS

But still BRING THE CONTROLLER you are used to. Use it just in case you won't have enough time to rehearse with Pioneer set up. That will not make you a bad DJ at all. Just my 2 cents.

Goodluck!

geposted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 12:14 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
FWIW I play on a pair of 2000's (not 2000 nexus) 5 nights a week at my club and they work flawlessly for me in v7 and have just begun testing in v8 and so far so good.

Win 7 64bit SP1 also.

geposted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 11:38 pm
Finally got my hands on some 2000's. Just as you all promised the decks work flaw-less-ly.
So butter! Vegas, here I come!

geposted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 1:13 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)