Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Problems trying to code panels :-(

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

So I've been very busy creating a simple video skin and all is looking good so far. I have got my head round the .png and transparencies etc. I have made a couple of custom graphics as well... but now I've hit a brick wall after many hours being unsuccessful :-(

Considering the left deck only: I have got a working scratch wheel from the default VDJ8. I can comment that out and have a working video preview in its place. They are both working ok individually.

I have used panels to try and create two buttons to switch between video and turntable but cannot switch successfully. If I set the video visibility to yes then I can toggle it on and off but the other view will not come on when the video is in its off state. If I switch which panel is initally active, then the symptoms are reversed.

I have tried to replicate the syntax as for the mixer panel in the default skin and it appears to be similar.

Anybody able to give a few pointers - I am out of my depth here, but soooo close to getting a working skin.

I would also prefer if its possible to switch between views using one button/visual. Is this do-able?

geposted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 6:34 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
When two or more panels (or pannels) have to swith letting only one showing at once, you must use the panel groups, or eventually a variable instead :

- GROUPS

<panel id="jog_wheel" groug="jog" visible="yes"/>

<panel id="jog_video" group="jog" visible="false"/>

Then you can :

- Show the desired panel :
action="skin_panel 'jog_video' on"
This standalone action would also hide the 'jog_wheel' panel because they both belong to the same group 'jog'.

- Use the group toggle :
action="skin_panelgroup 'jog'"
This would cycle between all the panels in this group (there may be more than 2)

- VARIABLE

<panel id="jog_wheel" visibility="var '$jog' 0"/>

<panel id="jog_video" visibility="var '$jog' 1"/>

You would then cycle or set the variable with two, or maybe one unique button :

action "toggle '$jog'"

action "set '$jog' 0"
action "set '$jog' 1"

geposted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 7:51 am
I shall try it out, thank you for the detailed help :D I think I got lost trying to understand your code! I was trying to locate the menu option you have for showing the video on the decks... not easy ;-)

geposted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 8:25 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Here it is :)

<item text="Video" action="skin_panelgroup 'decktype'" check="skin_panelgroup 'decktype' 'deck_type_video'" />

<panel id="deck_type_jog" group="decktype" visible="yes">
<panel id="deck_type_video" group="decktype" visible="no">

geposted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 8:57 am
YESS! Thank you FRUiT :D

Another thing now burned in my brain!!! It's coming along nicely...

geposted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 10:13 am
sometime the pb is with "group", not easy sometime, good luck

geposted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 10:15 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)