Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Screenshot of my first ever VDJ skin :D

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Thanks mainly to all the help received from here, I've managed to mangle a skin of my own. It shares nearly all its graphics with VDJ8 default, as well as having elements/ideas from previously submitted skins. It's therefore a bit of a cheat, but I wanted to tweak available resources to get exactly what I was after...

I think its clear and simple and easy on the eyes. Even though it is fully functional, it is still work in progress as there are more things I want to try out....

Do you think its sufficiently different from other skins to warrant a possible submission?

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 11:48 am
Don't think uploading bmps was the best move on my 'dialup' speeds ;-)

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 11:53 am
very good for a start

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 12:37 pm
I don't think the clock's big enough.

:-)

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 1:02 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nice icons, clean look, gg.

lol @Groovin.

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 1:46 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
RobGmixes wrote :
Do you think its sufficiently different from other skins to warrant a possible submission?

I would have say yes...

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 1:48 pm
looks nice good work :-)

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 2:14 pm
Haha, Groovin! Fair point, but I needed the clock to be seen above all else; essential in a dark club when your timing is important. Maybe it could go down a few points tho.....

I will tidy up the xml a bit, and get it ready for submission. Does anyone want a play with it now, or is that against rules? Would be nice
to have some user feedback ;-)

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 2:48 pm
Haha, Groovin! Fair point, but I needed the clock to be seen above all else; essential in a dark club when your timing is important. Maybe it could go down a few points tho.....

I will tidy up the xml a bit, and get it ready for submission. Does anyone want a play with it now, or is that against rules? Would be nice to have some user feedback ;-)
TBH it is a bit basic to get too excited about, although I have found a complicated interface tricky to use live, it takes my concentration off the music a bit. ..

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 2:52 pm
Sure I'll give it a spin, PM me a link and I'll try it out tonight.

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 3:00 pm
I asked to help you or try your skin by pm but never answer me so ...

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 3:15 pm
I wanted to learn my myself as much as I could; but your offer was noted and appreciated, and had I got really stuck......! I can send you what I have done so far for you to test - can we send attachments by PM or will it have to be email? Whats the best way to send the zip?

I'm actually "djing" now, but can send previews tomorrow ;-)

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 4:17 pm
Rob.......now I've looked at that first pic again, having the centre box drop down lower than the 'deck' boxes looks untidy and means that you've got wasted black space where you can't bring the browser up to meet the bottom of the decks.

Can you not lose the lower button on either side of the crossfader, so the bottom of the central box can be level with the decks?

There's enough space above that central video window to move everything up a smidge too, so the buttons could say but it'd all be moved up slightly.

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 5:32 pm
I see your point... This skin was never about using every last bit of space tho, it was more about giving more space and de-cluttering the interface (if that doesn't sound too rude to current excellent skins).

The center mixing panel is just barely functional at the moment and will eventually contain more options. Eventually I also plan to toggle between the browser and full effects/sample panel, leaving the browser for the 'no deck' view. For this to not crowd the deck space, there needs to be some space between them.

I was using this skin tonight and am very comfortable using the 'no deck' screen for most operations so having that as the only browser should not cause any problems.

I am using a XDJ-R1 as my controller and stand a good few feet away from the screen, so clarity is very important for my design. I'm no designer tho ;-)

All suggestions are most welcome though, and eventually I might have a skin that members are keen to download...

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 7:49 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Is this your first skin ? Well done then !

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 8:38 pm
Thanks djdad! First time out. Decided to bite the bullet and find out what the xml thing was all about last week. Hardly my own work though, just rearranging other people's hard efforts.. it would be much harder to be original :-)

I think I'm addicted though :-D

geposted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 8:50 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)