Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 Beatlock TOO strict.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok...I'm looking for some guidance.

On virtual dj 7 the beatlock (In my opinion) was soooooo much more convenient than it is in 8. the location, the functionality and parameters.
It was an easy click on and off next to the pitch control and didn't lock the wave form with the beat markers.

Now with 8 you have to switch to the scratch panel to see the beatlock and now...it snaps the song playing to the bpm of the song loaded in your que.
Plus...if your songs bpm markers arent set correctly...its basically impossible to create on the fly bpm jumps because it locks the markers onto one another so fine tuning your mix is impossible and usually at LEAST a half beat off.

HOW DO I MAKE VDJ8 BEATLOCK BEHAVE LIKE VDJ7? its driving me nuts

geposted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 6:11 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
use the mapper button or mapp your controller when on it lights up I did that on my RMX I & Rmx II

geposted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 3:19 pm
I'm not too vocab savvy so I need some explanation. forgive me,

geposted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 12:46 am
kirkwoodjr wrote :
Ok...I'm looking for some guidance.

On virtual dj 7 the beatlock (In my opinion) was soooooo much more convenient than it is in 8. the location, the functionality and parameters.
It was an easy click on and off next to the pitch control and didn't lock the wave form with the beat markers.

Now with 8 you have to switch to the scratch panel to see the beatlock.

scenario---
song a is playing at 100bpm and the beat markers are not lined up with the drop beats perfectly.

I load a song onto deck B at 110.
I sync the song. set the loop I want to use for my on the fly bpm transition.

problem
since song "a's" drop beat is not marked properly
it forces song b to line up with it when that is not correct.
annnnd it locks it so you cannot adjust the position with the pitch adjustment/arrows on my keybaord.

Plus...if your songs bpm markers arent set correctly...its basically impossible to create on the fly bpm jumps because it locks the markers onto one another so fine tuning your mix is impossible and usually at LEAST a half beat off.

geposted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 12:02 pm
I had the same problem - and found that you can drag the the beat markers across in the BPM editor. Just grab a boundary between the black/grey boxes and drag it until it lines up with the beat you want.

geposted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 6:13 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
kirkwoodjr wrote :

On v7 the lock next to the pitch slider was the pitchlock function, not the beatlock.

On v8 map a custom button, keyboard shortcut or control to the function: pitch_lock

geposted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 6:23 am
Hi folks
I'm need the there follow functionality in VirtualDJ8:
I need to record with MP3 Bitrate 320 kbs.
Is there any possibility to get this?
Thank you very much for your support!
Martin

geposted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 9:03 am
Have you attempted to adjust the "recordQuality" setting in the config? Go to OPTIONS, under the "record" section "recordQuality" can be set to low, mid or high. High is equal to 320kbs. Not sure why Atomix didn't just put the true values in the config. This information can be found on page 87 of the User Guide.
Also, don't hi-jack another's post.

geposted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 10:40 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)