Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DDJ-SX NO SOUND THROUGH PC - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hi guys I have just installed an new SSHD in my pc and now have just plugged in my DDJ-SX but I cannot get sound out through my PC's internal soundcard.

My Audio settings on VDJ8 are as per the pic below (the mic source should actually be 'record')

I have RCA's going out of the DDJ-SX into the mic input of the PC soundcard but not getting anything coming through.

Anyone have any suggestions please on how to resolve this - Its work perfectly before so I know it just a set up issue probably on the PC soundcard but for the life of me I can't seem to work out what the problems is and I am meant to be broadcasting a radio show tomorrow using simplecast - hence the need to use this setup

Many thanks

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 9:08 am
is there some reason you cant use the built in broadcast function and skip the looping back through internal soundcard ?

or is this simplecast not connecting to a shoutcast or icecast server? not really sure what simplecast is.....

anyways check that u are recording from the mic input in the windows mixer i assume you are using windows? also i think the windows mixer can record and mute output so u don't hear it so check that its not muted the output in the windows mixer. all this is assuming you are using windows of course.

as a side not best practice is not to do any upgrade close to a performance date :-)

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 9:44 am
Thanks Wicked, yep it is Windows (sorry should of said) Simplecast is broadcasting software used by the station but I was just looking at possibly setting it up using VDJ broadcast as I do have all the details IP address ports ect.

Looking at the recording tab on the sound settings in Windows there are two options

Microphone - Pioneer DDJ-SX
Microphone - Realtek HD Audio Device - this is showing input on the level meter and in the setting's I have checked 'listen to this device with playback through the default and am now getting sound through the PC speakers BUT as soon as I add a record source to the VDJ Audio setting's I lose the sound. which I find odd as I know these setting are correct as per Pic below

on a side note is it possible to record the stream via VDJ broadcast ? if so I may just set that up and use that

I did do the hard drive upgrade a couple of weeks ago but its the first time I've had to use the SX on the system but point taken I should of tested it sooner !

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 10:04 am
if you have the server address/port
type in web browser

http://ip:port/ or http://address:port/
and it will bring up the server and u can see if its shoutcast or icecast
then you will know if it will work with the vdj broadcast

i would use the vdj broadcast if its one of the above it will be much easier and u will probably get better sound and u can save the config in vdj for it.

Good luck :-)

btw u don't set a recording source to do a lookback into the soundcard inside vdj :-) the previous screen was correct for the vdj audio config

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 10:41 am
if you cant get it sorted i can help u via skype i should be around next couple hrs or so let me know

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 10:49 am
Thanks Wicked

Ok so I have set up VDJ Broadcast now on a test stream and the music is streaming fine (it was Shoutcast)

I am recording the stream using the VDJ record and when I play back a test stream the music plays no problems but anything I've said on the mic doesn't ? I am getting a mic signal on the LEDs on the DDJ-Sx though so its receiving something !

were getting there !!

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 11:04 am
have a look at the vdj audio config if you have it as it appears in the second post the mic wont work

u need to have the mic as it appears in the first post

u can record your mix in vdj with out setting anything to record in audio config

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 11:12 am
Edited....

Remember, the mic is plugged into the SX, after the sound has left VDJ. If you record from the VDJ mixer, then you're recording the signal before the mic has been added.

Feed the analogue output of the SX back to your computer audio input and stream from that.

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 11:19 am
thanks groovin i didnt realize the sx has the external mixer oops

sorry soulboy

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 11:22 am
Thanks wicked, Hi Groovin

Ok so if I just have the first 2 sources in the audio settings master / headphones I get sound through my monitor speakers but as soon as I add either a record source or a mic source I lose sound through the monitors - these are connected via RCA - jack lead out of the master out on the SX.

I have done another test stream and the mic output is still not being recorded even though it is showing a signal being received on the channel of the SX (chl 4)

Is there anything else I can try?

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 11:27 am
you will need to go back to the loop back into the soundcard sorry to say that but its the only way to get the mic into the stream with the SX since the SX does the mixing in hardware not in the software.

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 11:41 am
Sorry wicked but could you elaborate on what you mean by going back to the loop back please as I don't understand what you mean by this

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 11:43 am
send the output of the SX into your soundcard via the mic input or Aux input and broadcast via the simplecast program sorry i know its a step backwards but with your setup its the only way to get the mic broadcasted.

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 11:45 am
Although......see here

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 11:55 am
lol that was me trying to help someone else out now look where I am !!

This was the exact same settings I had before the new hard drive went in and it worked perfectly

master Pioneer DDJ_SX Asio (Asio) DDJ-SX MASTER L&R
Headphones Pioneer DDJ_SX Asio (Asio) DDJ-SX PHONES L&R
record Pioneer DDJ_SX Asio (Asio) DDJ-SX AUX/MIC L&R

I really can't understand why it is now do complicated to get it working again.

When I open VDJ it prompts me to use the SX soundcard - should I accept this?
If changing anything in the Audio Settings do I need to restart VDJ / SX or both?

As it stands I have RCA-Jack coming out of the SX master out into Line In on the PC
The Line In in control panel is receiving a signal
The Simplecast software is now also receiving a signal
I have music via the monitor speakers

As soon as I add the record source in the audio settings I lose all the signals to the Line in and simplecast and Monitor speakers and if I then delete the record source the signal comes back

I'm really confused as I said this set up worked before perfectly and it was originally the set up I was told to use by the guys at VDJ and what is in the VDJ set up guide for the SX.

I think I need a BEER !!!

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 12:12 pm
Yeah, there's even an official PDF setup document here
that says the same thing - you should be able to record like you say (from ASIO aux/mic).

It's one or the other though. If you can get a signal to stream by feeding the SX output back to the PC with a cable and it works, you don't need to set the software to record the loopback as well.

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 12:18 pm
exactly Groovin like I said that was how it was set up before and it worked so I'm at a lost as to why it doesn't now ?

I'm going to pull out one of my mixers and run it all through that as I can use the mic channel on the mixer bypassing the SX and will speak to VDJ support next week to get a definitive answer on what is wrong here.

Thanks for all your advice and time in trying to resolve this Groovin & Wicked much appreciated guys

geposted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 12:24 pm
After a nightmare weekend, I wanted to go back to this thread as I still have not managed to get things resolved in getting the DDJ-SX audio setting's to work, in fact I think its got worse !!

The issue is now that despite being able to set up the sources before (as below) Now when I go into the audio setting's if I go into it the channels say "nothing" and I do not get the option to select DDj-SX Master L&R etc etc. At times I'm getting messages saying no asio driver or no soundcard even though nothing has changed I.E. controller plugged in VDJ see's the controller etc.

I've re-installed VDJ8 (from a downloaded copy I have on my hard drive not from the site) I've re-installed the Pioneer drivers but nothing seems to work as it used to with the exact same settings and apart from a new hard drive going into my windows pc the actual pc is the same - I really can't believe a new hard drive would cause this anyway to be honest.

For clarification I have;
windows 7 ultimate OS
Realtek High Definition Audio soundcard
bose USB Audio

I'm plugging my SX into the USB and it works with regard to controlling VDJ
I have and twin RCA - Jack lead coming out of the master out of the SX going into the Line In of the PC Soundcard
and because I have the Bose speakers set up as my booth monitors I have a normal audio jack going into my headphone socket on the front of the PC into the volume control module on the Bose system.

like I have said before all of this was working perfectly before but not anymore

Help !! lol

geposted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 11:03 am
Not sure if this will help any but my pioneer ergo will only work on one of my 8 USB ports.
Maybe you have this issue and have changed USB ports or have a bad USB cable?

geposted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 11:13 am
Thanks Wicked, I used to have an Ergo as well and had the same prob with the ports but with the SX I have previously plugged it into a few different ones and it always worked no probs - I will try a different USB cable just for trial and error testing but am pretty sure its not that to be honest although you never know !!

geposted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 11:21 am
67%