Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can I show a live video feed (input) in VDJ8?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Basically I would like to link up my camcorder o VDJ8 to show the dancefloor etc. I do not need audio, just be able to switch to this live video between playing music videos....
If it is possible, what additional hardware do I need apart from my camcorder (which has a composite video phono out)?

Thanks peeps!

geposted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 8:41 am
This can be done, there is a camera option available under video effects. It works very well with the USB webcams I have tested it with. Not sure what exactly will need to be done to capture the composite video for the camera plugin to use it, I've only used USB devices. As far as inputting your composite video, that depends on your computer. I have no experience with the exact devices shown in these links, these are just examples of hardware that you can use. You can research and see what will work best with your hardware. I'm sure some others will share there solutions.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=A2854554&ST=pla&dgc=ST&cid=262077&lid=4742363&acd=1230980731501410

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/472913.html?utm_source=googleps&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=googleps&gclid=CLGKxZ-7jsICFehAMgodYkgAvA

geposted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 8:59 am
Thanks for the info, I'll have a look :-) At least I know its possible!

geposted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 9:52 am

geposted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 9:55 am
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have the same USB converter and NO it won't work with VDJ8, only USB cameras work.

However, now for the good news....... The TellyMedia plug-in not only works with the composite input, but you can also select the S-Video input!

geposted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 1:21 pm
so if I buy that converter and use the TellyMedia plugin it will work.... or do I need to buy a proper video capture card with the composite in? I can't afford to make a mistake on this :-/
Thanks for your input!

geposted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 3:44 pm
Unfortunately, the camera plugin for 8, does not work for me, but works for others. I am also using the TellyMedia plugin with http://www.ionaudio.com/products/details/video-2-pc-mkii" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">this and it works great for me. Which ever capture device you buy, check their return policy, and don't give up on the first try. Come here and ask others with the same device, and maybe they can help with the configurations. Good luck. My the way, the camera plugin in version 7 works great with this same device, that is what I used until I got TellyMedia to work.

geposted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 3:48 pm
On MAC Platform it doesn't read anything but the built in webcam...any thoughts?

geposted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 7:26 pm
Buy "PocketCam" then you can use your IPad, IPhone, IPod or even a Touch with your Mac..............Oh and PocketCam works on a PC as well. You will need wifi for this to work.

geposted Tue 20 Jan 15 @ 7:26 pm
I really wanted to use a good video camera and set it up to shoot the dance floor and move it around and do zooms....

geposted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 8:26 am
Have you tried PocketCam yet??

geposted Sun 15 Feb 15 @ 1:51 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)