Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: High CPU usage while recording video in mp4 format.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

My CPU meter is maxed out while recording in mp4. I tried webm, and no problems, but the results aren't nearly as good. I also have no issues while just playing video. Are there any settings that should be changed.

geposted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 12:18 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003

geposted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 1:28 pm
I'm using 8. It runs fine when I'm doing anything other than recording video in .mp4 format. When I use the "default format" it runs great, but the results are sub par. Everything that I can tweak has been tweaked.

I'll give the optimizer a try.

geposted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 9:21 am
I tried the optimizer, but nothing changed. I was trying to avoid doing it, but I decided to try restore factory default, and now I'm running around one or 2 bars while recording. Not sure what was causing the problem. Problem solved.

geposted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 11:56 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Why don't you tell everyone the specs on the computer you're using? For all we know, it's an XP netbook. More info would help.

geposted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 6:21 pm
If your on a Mac just use ScreenFlow and if your on a PC just use Bandicam both run the CPU ALOT lower then VDJ.........

geposted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 8:15 pm
It always comes back to specs. I was going to give the specs, but I didn't think it was necessary when I said everything was working except for video recording in a specific file type (mp4). For the sake of others, I'm using a Dell Studio i7, 8gb ram, Windows 7 64 bit, ATI RADEON HD, with a Pioneer DDJ-SX2. That had nothing to do with the problem as far as I can tell. Like I said, it is working fine now.

@ beatbreaker
I saw that you mentioned Bandicam in another thread, and was going to give it a try, but the factory restore saved me an extra step. Thanks for the advice.

XP netbook . . . =/

geposted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 9:07 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)