Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Comparison Advanced home users vs Professional users

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

noobydjHome userMember since 2014
Hi,

Newby here, so please bare with me.

I am trying to find a comparison of Advanced home users vs Professional users. I have searched site and forum and cant find one?

anyone help an old man here, my daughter is starting to learn digital DJ'ing, she has been using the free edition, but is after a midi controller for xmas and obviously needs software mapped to it. She loves VDJ, even though her DJ mates frown upon it. So back to my question, is there a comparison anywhere?

many thanks in advance

Gaz

geposted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 4:09 pm
Simply put, a professional user is someone who DJs for a living - who earns money from it.

If your daughter will only be using the VDJ software at home and not going out and getting paid for DJing then a "controller license" will be suitable.

You need to decide on a controller first because the license is tied to one controller.

geposted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 4:55 pm
Thanks for your reply.

So both versions have extactly the same features? No restrictions apart from only being tied to one controller?

thanks again :)

geposted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 4:58 pm
Ah, you meant comparison of features!

No - the difference is in the permitted use. The Home version does not support controllers. The next step up is a controller license, which gives you the ability to use one controller, at home.

The subscription and Infinity licenses both allow use of any controller and use of VDJ professionally.

geposted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 5:03 pm
Many thanks for your help, thats all I wanted to know.

She will no doubt now send me a link to an expensive controller for xmas.

once again thanks for your help

geposted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 5:32 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
noobydj wrote :
So both versions have extactly the same features? No restrictions apart from only being tied to one controller?

That's about right, there are a couple of things different between Full and controller licences that are there to annoy tight-wad pros trying to cheat the system, the two I can think of are live internet broadcasting and the removing the vdj logo from video output, with a controller licence you can't do these things.
Oh and there are some addons that are reserved for pro licences.
All that said a controller licence is probably the right way to go unless she's really committed.

geposted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 5:38 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)