Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Skins - Wishes and new features - Page: 10
rhythm waveform with stems off he gradient gray tone is very dark; When the voice is deactivated, it is not possible to see where there is voice, they should use an all of light gray to have a better visualization

geposted Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 4:28 pm
Is any way to do something like this on the default skins?

Serato have it to ...is like scratch vertical wave but in horizontal...

geposted Mon 16 Nov 20 @ 4:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You missed the big waveforms at the top in the default vdj skins?

geposted Mon 16 Nov 20 @ 4:31 am
No what I’m talking about is this

This is vertical wave forms in scratch mode

And this is the horizontal wave forms in scratch mode
Btw the way this is a serato picture ...

geposted Mon 16 Nov 20 @ 8:40 pm
Daniel di Rossi wrote :

this is the horizontal wave forms in scratch mode

OK - and VDJ has horizontal waveforms across the top of the default skin, which can be set to scratch wave.

geposted Mon 16 Nov 20 @ 9:25 pm
I know that just like serato rekordbox and djay pro ...I just wonder if atomix would put something like that on their default skin because is the “only standard” wave that’s missing and I kinda like it that way 😅

geposted Wed 18 Nov 20 @ 1:09 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

geposted Wed 18 Nov 20 @ 1:26 pm
is there a simple way to make the default skins blue into green instead of blue. I honestly know nothing about skins. I wanted it have it this way so that it matches the novation dicer that i mapped to stems. Thanks in advance

geposted Mon 07 Dec 20 @ 6:56 pm
Stretchincanada wrote :
is there a simple way to make the default skins blue into green instead of blue. I honestly know nothing about skins. I wanted it have it this way so that it matches the novation dicer that i mapped to stems. Thanks in advance

All colors are defined at top of the skin xml.
So its fairly easy to do..

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Modify%20a%20Skin.html

geposted Mon 07 Dec 20 @ 9:17 pm
All health!
Dear developers. On behalf of the artists who use 4 channels in their work, there is a kind request to modify the main skin of the waveform window. Please make it so that the main window of the waveform is enlarged so that the size of each wave of each of the four channels remains the same as when working with two channels.
Let me explain why: when you turn on the skin in four-channel mode, the waveform is reduced by 2 times, and therefore in the main window, little is visible in the waveforms of each channel !!! It also has a bad effect on vision. Especially when you work with a dance floor, where it is dark and the artist himself is constantly on the move.
After all, there is a button to increase / decrease the browser window !!! and if necessary, the artist can use it !!! There are examples from your competitors on this issue. Do for an adult! Make for a more professional use of the software.
And, yes, I understand that there are significantly fewer artists used in the work of more than two channels, but these artists need to be respected and listened to their opinion, because this is a more serious game and work with music !!!
It's time for the Virtual team to grow up and focus on artists who are constantly in development and play on 4 channels, as well as use additional midi devices, that is, they are engaged in live DJing.
Best regards, your user is over 10 years old.

geposted Wed 16 Dec 20 @ 9:23 am
HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Could you plese make the refresh rate more up to date?
I have purchased a high end machine for the optimum use of VDJ without limitations.
Those laptops are mainly gaming machines with a much more smooth and speedy display.
Mine has a refresh rate of 144hz and VDJ is limited to 30FPS I guess...the wave forms would move much smoother and nicer with 144hz.
Best way in my point of view would be to allow VDJ to adapt to the actual windows setting for the screen refresh rate.
That would serve all the best way. (there is as well 120hs, 200hz or 300hz displays on the market and all are limited in VDJ...)

geposted Mon 21 Dec 20 @ 8:39 pm
Heltino wrote :
I have purchased a high end machine for the optimum use of VDJ without limitations.
Mine has a refresh rate of 144hz and VDJ is limited to 30FPS I guess...t

Just open VDJ settings, and set skinFPS equal to half or full refresh rate of your monitor ;-)
Not limited to 30fps...

geposted Mon 21 Dec 20 @ 9:33 pm
HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Heltino wrote :
Mine has a refresh rate of 144hz and VDJ is limited to 30FPS I guess...t

Just open VDJ settings, and set skinFPS equal to half or full refresh rate of your monitor ;-)
Not limited to 30fps...

Found, changed, smiled.

THX!

geposted Tue 22 Dec 20 @ 7:33 am
I’m having trouble with skin builder, it opens in windows but its tiny so i can’t access anything and on mac doen’t seem to work at all.

I’d like to be able to change the set colours for deck 1,2 etc as Im using cokors alot with assigning them to rgb leds.

Also if it was possible to have seperate windows allowing more than one skin, as I use alot of controllers, I’m grateful that so many are supported, but I’d like a visual skin for my launchpad, launch control, korg nano, reloop neon and all the other extra controllers I use, that way I’d be able to see whats assigned better as it is possible to apply so many functions, what with double press and shift and then controllers having there own user function sets. I still have alot to learn and as I do I’m learning that what I need is already possible so sorry if I’m asking for what has already been asked or is easily possible

also like with building websites its become less necessary to rely on script but more set actions, as alot of the time I’m learning that script has alot of terms that are performed by another with no other benifit, some do of course but some are just same thing different name, so an update is needed at some point to make it easier and maybe some easier ways of applying things. Either way its amazing as it is and a great community, I hope I can learn more and be as good as some of the others. I have some script that makes a launchpad into a visual eq where can I share that

geposted Sun 21 Mar 21 @ 9:20 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Skinbuilder is alas not the way nowdays, with recent skins you need to edit them manually
but now colors are often defined explicitly in color schemes

seperate windows allowing more than one skin?
Sure that can be done ... but I do not think it was already
Some skins allow multiple windows mostly decks related, but it's not common
and VDJ is really is not comfortable multiple windows :\

All info about uploading addons are here (not up to date but links are OK):
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20to%20upload%20an%20Effect.html

geposted Sun 21 Mar 21 @ 10:50 pm
I dismount effects so that i can move to another display, but I'd like to have separate skins for all my controllers, I'd have on one window, but I'd like to add and remove as and when I change controllers or get new ones. I'd defiantly like to edit existing skins, I've seen the file and the script needed to edit, but I'm not familiar with the code, is there a manual I can refer too
thanks

geposted Thu 25 Mar 21 @ 2:28 pm
A "Skin as plugin" plugin exist, possibly doing this in 2 clicks, but was rejected by VDJ :p

The solution can be to define a class for the whole main skin page
then you can have any window you want using this class with controller as condition or visibility
and pass decks and/or device and/or side as a placeholder for example

geposted Fri 26 Mar 21 @ 9:21 am
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, CAN WE HAVE FULL CONTROL FOR MAPPINGS WITH BEAT GRID.
Launchpad controllers and the likes ie drum pads, have enough buttons to assign so it is possible to create new beat grid patterns. it's an effect which is different as its proper creative compared to a filter, please can it be done

geposted Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 6:26 pm
was tired copying/pasting and having to modify many lines just for one param
so that i added this feature to my skin_plugin (var used as placeholder increment by "by" )
and it's really easy to implement
		<for var="loopvar" from="1" to="4" by="1">
<button class="mixer_button" x="20*[LOOPVAR]+41" y="+5" width="16" height="33" action="nothing" >
<text text="[LOOPVAR]" size="17" color="#ffffff" align="center" scroll="no"/>
</button>
</for>

things like this would be fine for vumeters and other lines and repetitive drawing

geposted Sat 17 Apr 21 @ 8:41 am
I've been attempting to make two small changes in the skin that appears between karaoke singers, when I use 2021 for karaoke, off and on for a MONTH now, and I'm getting nowhere.

I'm presently using one of the variations of the OSD1 karaoke skin pack.

The changes I'm trying to make are:

1) I want to TURN OFF the line at the bottom that lists what filler song is playing between singers.

2) I want to remove the "album" information from the singers list. I ONLY need to see the position (1, 2, 3, 4), the singer's name, the original artist, and the song title, but NOT the album.

I have never edited XML before, and don't want to screw anything up in the process. The XML looks like DOS code to me, and I don't know what to do with that, either.
I've looked over the wiki on this, but I still have no idea what to change, in order to make the changes I want.
Wouldn't this all be easier and more user-friendly if this were OPTIONS in a karaoke skin, instead of having to edit it?

geposted Tue 29 Jun 21 @ 12:44 am
78%