Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Love the Happy Holidays Background

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

But my wish for christmas is that Atomix would listen to the people that are trying to help, instead of not understanding what they are saying just because they cannot say it in your langauge, I'm not talking English or French or Whatevever ... I think think it's more about talking on the same level.
I am a stupid old man. I type with two fingers. I do not understand the half of what you guys are saying.
But I am trying to learn, I am willing to learn.
Please accept that the vast majority of "dj's" are not always computer freaks!
just look at how many clicks some posts get and compare it to how many people answer or contribute, I read a lot of posts, spend a lot of time on the the forum, but simply do not have enough confidence to contribute, because I'm scared of getting shot down for my stupidity.
So the big question is;
Do I want to be a good "dj" or do I want to be a good "programer" ????

Merry Christsmas.

geposted Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 3:58 pm
Dont be scared from asking or posting on the forum ;)
People are from all walks of life, all sorts of skills, from new beginners to advanced PC guys. Everyone are of course most welcome to participate

"there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers"

And merry xmas to you too ;-)

geposted Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 6:29 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I agree with Norway, there are no dumb questions, only dumb people !

geposted Fri 26 Dec 14 @ 6:55 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Don't let any forum bullies.. bully you from asking a question even if they splatter their one sided opinion at you, chances are that someone with an open mind that's not one sided will help and understand your question more objectively.. (-:

geposted Fri 26 Dec 14 @ 12:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Very well said Norway,
A forum is a meeting of minds, and to be successful it must be inclusive.
I disagree with you Ray, there is a vast difference between stupid and not technically knowledgeable, your forum posts prove you aren't stupid, your testing the nuances of batch versus single scanning, show you can think logically.
The only 'stupid' thing you're guilty of, is fearing looking stupid, a suggestion can be corrected, improved upon, better yet it can make people look at a problem in a new way.
If your willing to admit that that you don't know everything and your suggestion is just a suggestion, then you can't be shot down. Assumption is how we all work until it's proven.
Furthermore asking, "I don't understand, can you explain again?" is one of the most potent questions you can ask if you want to learn anything.

Do I want to be a good DJ or good programmer? The answer is clear to me, it's not OR it's AND, A good DJ, that ALWAYS comes first, but this craft has always been multi-skilled. It's a science that can be applied to create art

As a Pagan I'll wish you all a happy new year, keep warm and well fed. (let's celebrate more daylight!)

geposted Fri 26 Dec 14 @ 1:25 pm
Sounds like me, I can't program a remote control, and don't want to be a programmer. I am a very gifted DJ, and have been around a long time. I do not focus on the things that I'm not good at. If we were all brain surgeons, who would bring the patient to the OR? We all have a place in life, and you seem to be doing well, with the path that you have chosen. I don't know half of what these guys are saying, and most of the time I don't care. We are all on different levels, but if I need help, I have no problem asking for it. Someone will help me, and they will help you also.

geposted Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 1:16 am
Thankyou for your support gentlemen, I wish each and everyone of you a happy, healthy and prosperous new year!

geposted Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 5:26 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)