Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can't find VU meter tutorial

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
there was a helpful post many months back about VU meters and volumes. I can' theme to find it, can anyone help?

geposted Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 8:15 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

geposted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 4:16 am
YES! Thank you, never would have found it under that.

I was talking with a live sound guy that is very good about how to get a less harsh sound out of my QSC K 12s (he runs them also). Had some great advice, but wanted to look this over too. Thanks again.

geposted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 6:07 am

geposted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 7:11 am
We, in the german forum, have pinned a topic that holds links to other usefull threads and is maintained by the moderators.
So its easy to find really interessting threads again, like the one above ;)

geposted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 7:54 am

geposted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 8:08 am
Thanks guys, my first question was really where is the 0 db mark for the NS7. So I can get proper gain stage. I bought a DBX 15 band EQ with VUs that should indicate this. Hopefully that is not the harshness, but would be nice to prove it and start off knowing that the gain and headroom are right.

Then after that he made some recommendations, but we will hang out and get the final tune up with him. Nice knowing a guy with that much experience. Just want to refference what people have figured out and learn from it. I don't hamer on the system, just would be nice to be as efficient as possible and correct what is left.

geposted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 11:32 am
You could find yourself some test tones to play, that are set at various dB levels. Then you would be able to see how the meters in VDJ and on the NS7 respond.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DBFS "0dBFS is assigned to the maximum possible digital level"

geposted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 11:52 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
PachN wrote :
We, in the german forum, have pinned a topic that holds links to other usefull threads and is maintained by the moderators.
So its easy to find really interessting threads again, like the one above ;)

That sounds really efficient, could you spare a mod or two to finish the English skin wiki ? :-)

geposted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 2:25 pm
Don't let Dan read this :D

And a mod != capable of skinning ;)

geposted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 4:53 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)