Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 Video Lag

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello, I am having problems using Virtual DJ 8 for any karaoke / videos. Virtual DJ 7 works fine, but 8 has serious lag / video stoppage while song plays. I am using a Dell XPS with duel videos cards ( I do have Nvidia setup correctly for Virtual 8 to use the Nvidia high performance card, just as I do Virtual7. I am not sure what is causing the lag and what if any settings in 8 I can adjust. Virtual DJ 8 works flawless on my mac book pro 2010 with ATI card, no issues. Hopefully someone can help!
thanks, Mark

geposted Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 4:26 pm
Try the other video card. In my case I saw a lot of lag in V8 with the NVIDIA selected. The Intel card worked much better for V8 for me. This should not be the case but it is worth a shot for you.

geposted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 7:40 am
You were CORRECT. I still can't understand how it is using the Intel Card, but as long as it works im happy!

geposted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 2:52 pm
I tried to report this before. As you noted does not occur in V7 and also did not occur in independent test outside of V8. I don't have the machine right now where it was a problem but when I get it back, I will test it again. For me not just a lag, but more like slideshow display. There were other problems as well.

geposted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 6:52 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Please try to use the extra option videoForceFullscreen at VDJ Config - Option when Adv.Search is enabled.

Switch from 0 to 1 and try it again.

Should work better now and use the NVIDIA card.

geposted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 7:31 am
Haui, are you guys still recommending that videoForceFullScreen be set to 0 or have you resolved known issues with it set to 1 ? Setting it to 1 gives the best results when it works since tearing is more of a problem in windowed mode.

My machine for testing this is not available right now, but markseniorjr can test it. When I was last able to test this some time ago, it was a problem with either 0 or 1 and should not have been a problem with either.

geposted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 7:48 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Not sure what to answer ;-)
I only can advise you test it that way and see if this will solve your problem.

It is only recommended to use 1 when using a computer with two videocards when 0 will fail.
If this change will not help you, then i would advise you to open a related Topic on Bug Forum side.

geposted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 9:33 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)