Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 2 Laptops at once

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have a Pioneer djm 900 srt mixer and a pair of cdj2000 nxs players. I want to be able to run 2 laptops at the same time with this setup.

One laptop would be my main and the other my backup. I don't want any downtime if I had to switch from one to the other. Is this possible.

I have been reliably informed that doing this via LAN is not a practical solution, so is there any other way.

Being able to connect 2 laptops at once would also be great for a club environment where you might have several djs playing throughout the night.

I just can't get my head around how to do a smooth change over from one laptop to the other.

geposted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 6:34 am
can't u just swap the usb cable over to the other laptop and be set?
should only take seconds

geposted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 7:33 am
Yes, but I don't want any gap between switching.

I am also thinking about a club environment, when you have a change of dj. Having a gap wold be unacceptable.

geposted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 1:11 pm

geposted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 1:19 pm
That would work, but most clubs don't have a sz installed.
I have a djm900srt and a pair of cdj2000nxs, which is pretty much industry standard for clubs.

But how would you change from one dj to another, if both are using virtual dj.

Maybe this is a question for the Atomix team.

geposted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 4:15 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You would have to buy hardware that supports the functionality you want. In this instance it would be a DDJ-SZ or a suitable RANE mixer. Each device only has 1 physical USB connection after all.

The obvious method, given the CDJ2000NEXUS is to have a thumb drive and then your switchover problem is solved.

Alternatively, if the DJ playing is using the 900SRT as the audio device then you unplug the CDJs and plug those into your computer. Configure VDJ to use them as the audio device. The original DJ can now unplug from the 900SRT and you carry on.

geposted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 4:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)