Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Script to lower / raise deck level smoothly for mic talkover?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

From what I can find here based on past requests for mic talkover/ducking, there's no way of smoothly lowering the deck volume over X time.

I've figured out a way of toggling the level up/down with a custom button (and there are script examples on the forum) but I'd rather have it done without jumping straight from one level to the other.

Why is it not possible to have say deck 1 level 75% 1000ms or similar?

geposted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 2:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
straight answering to your Q ... because its not implemented :)

You should post that in the Wishes forum.

geposted Sun 01 Feb 15 @ 5:14 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'd +1 that, it is technically possible right now, POI that drops a slider a small % and then rewrites itself a fraction of a beat forward.

Possible but not practical,

geposted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 6:15 am
Seems an odd omission to me, as VDJ has already got the ability to crossfade over a certain time and all the automix stuff.

So many people use VDJ to broadcast, it would make sense to have mic ducking built in.

I've found posts from people asking about it as far back as 2003.

geposted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 6:35 am
an idea for this COULD be:

If you have a touch screen you can set left click on fader to set level temporary, thus releasing the fader to bring it back to previous state.
maybe the temporary level action could be mapped to a controller button or custom button but ive not tested this.

geposted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 4:20 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
hm... can't you do something like:

isrepeat ? deck 1 level 50% : nothing

geposted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 9:28 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Isrepeat? are you sure not something like this

repeat 100ms & level 70% ? nothing : level -2%

geposted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 10:13 am
I'll give that a try.

geposted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 10:21 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
"isrepeat" is the action for a button that continuously sends a command. Like if you just keep pressing a keyboard buttonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

So, in theory, everytime the button is bouncing, you could lower the level.

geposted Wed 04 Feb 15 @ 10:49 am
This would help me if it transition goes smoothly.

I been begging for a FADE plugin like in V7 but nothing yet. I rely on this plugin 100%. I am stuck on V7.

If there is a way to make the volume smoothly lowers the level till 0 and STOP (then goes up to 100), I could really use this script.

I use a Griffin Airclick for remote. This unit does not send the KEYCODE if you hold the hold it down. It can only send ONE key at a time. So I need a script that when a KEY is press once, it will activate till it finished (this sample script now, I have to keep pressing/releasing key until 0 level).

I just wish I can use the FADE plugin from v7 in v8 (seems like a simple plugin to make but then what do I know).

geposted Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 9:52 am
I set this ducking code thing up once and got a popping sound every time I applied it.

geposted Sat 21 Feb 15 @ 5:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)