Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to reset Played Songs to "unplayed"

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'm wondering how Virtual DJ 8 handles the status of a song if it was already played or not.
In Virtual DJ 7 it used to reset this status in the morning (Option "startOfDayHour").

Many times i do not shotdown my computer, just put it on standby.
When i wake up the computer and start the next gig all the songs that i played days ago still are marked as "played"
In Version 7 that was not the case and of cource it's not what should happen.

geposted Fri 15 May 15 @ 5:59 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Please have a look in Settings/ (advanced) options to:
"startOfDayHour" same function here

geposted Fri 15 May 15 @ 6:05 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
closing and reopening V8 will clean up.

geposted Fri 15 May 15 @ 6:18 am
@RobRoy: I know this option (as I mentioned in my original posting). But it does not work like it used to in Virtual DJ 7
@locodog: Close and Re-Open Virtual DJ does the trick, but that is not an option if I'm already within a gig. Would be great to have this "feature" automatic - without having to think about it. Sorry to repeat myself: It worked PERFECT in Virtual DJ 7 - don't understand why they changed to the new behavior

geposted Fri 15 May 15 @ 8:15 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There's also script to mark tracks as unplayed.

geposted Fri 15 May 15 @ 9:14 am
locodog wrote :
There's also script to mark tracks as unplayed.

How does this works?
Are you talking about 'not_played' ... as i understand that only works for 1 song.

geposted Fri 15 May 15 @ 9:20 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
there is possibly a mistake here.
V7 = TracklistCutHour
V8 = startOfDayHour
but it is the same function.
It will only split your tracklist at a certain time.
No influence on the marked tracks

geposted Fri 15 May 15 @ 9:22 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I know when a song Is in the Automix list I can right click a remove played flag. I am not able to test right now if that works with multiple selected songs.

geposted Fri 15 May 15 @ 9:55 am
Yes, it works with multiple files...

The easiest way to do this without restarting VirtualDj is to open today's history file, mark all files, right click on one and select "Remove played flag"

geposted Fri 15 May 15 @ 10:48 am
pncrossHome userMember since 2017
In Virtual DJ 8, is there an option to keep songs played as "marked" even if it's closed and opened up? Virtual DJ 7 does it but I can't get it to work or find the option to do this in VDJ 8.... I want to be able to have songs already played in any folder I have still marked so I can organize it instead of starting over every time...Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

geposted Sat 02 Dec 17 @ 8:06 pm
This thread is old, please don't open old threads, thank you. If you close the software, the "mark as played" will disappear. You can look at the history, and it will tell you what you what has been played. I don't remember version 7 doing that, but comparing the two is also old.

geposted Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 8:05 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)