Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Stanton DJC4 Mapping VDJ8

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am needing some assistance mapping Stanton DJC4 for vdj8. For the most part all of the defaults work. I am having issues with the effects paramaters. Currently the mapping is as follows...

The way it is supposed to work is effect active, blinking, fader fx active : blinking paramaters 1 and 2 controlled by volume sliders. This is fine, if it worked for all 3 effects buttons. My preference would be to eliminate the volume sliders all together and just use the knobs above. I just can't seem to put the script together correctly.

effect 1 on blinking control with knobs 1 and 2
effect 2 on blinking control with knobs 1 and 2
effect 3 on blinking control with knobs 1 and 2

I understand that it is most likely impossible to control all the ACTIVE effects with the knobs, I can cross that bridge at a later date. I can leave the volume slider for effect 1.

My end result. I would like to be able to control Param 1 and 2 with the knobs above the effects buttons when effects are active.

I can only seem to control the paramaters of effect 1 at any time

<map action="effect 1 active" value="FX_ON"/>

<map action="effect 1 active ? blink 400ms : var 'FXSlot' 0" value="LED_FX_ON"/>

<map action="effect 2 active" value="FX_BUTTON2"/>

<map action="effect 3 active" value="FX_BUTTON3"/>

<map action="effect 2 active ? blink 400ms : var 'FXSlot' 1" value="LED_FX_BUTTON2"/>

<map action="effect 3 active ? blink 400ms : var 'FXSlot' 2" value="LED_FX_BUTTON3"/>

="var '$shift' ? nothing : action_deck 1 ? var '$faderParam1' ? nothing : var 'FXSlot' 0 ? effect_slider 1 1 : var 'FXSlot' 1 ? effect_slider 2 1 : effect_slider 3 1 : action_deck 3 ? var '$faderParam1' ? nothing : var 'FXSlot' 0 ? effect_slider 1 1 : var 'FXSlot' 1 ? effect_slider 2 1 : effect_slider 3 1 : action_deck 2 ? var '$faderParam2' ? nothing : var 'FXSlot' 0 ? effect_slider 1 1 : var 'FXSlot' 1 ? effect_slider 2 1 : effect_slider 3 1 : var '$faderParam2' ? nothing : var 'FXSlot' 0 ? effect_slider 1 1 : var 'FXSlot' 1 ? effect_slider 2 1 : effect_slider 3 1 " value="FX_PARAM1"/>

<map action="var '$shift' ? nothing : action_deck 1 ? var '$faderParam1' ? nothing : var 'FXSlot' 0 ? effect_slider 1 2 : var 'FXSlot' 1 ? effect_slider 2 2 : effect_slider 3 2 : action_deck 3 ? var '$faderParam1' ? nothing : var 'FXSlot' 0 ? effect_slider 1 2 : var 'FXSlot' 1 ? effect_slider 2 2 : effect_slider 3 2 : action_deck 2 ? var '$faderParam2' ? nothing : var 'FXSlot' 0 ? effect_slider 1 2 : var 'FXSlot' 1 ? effect_slider 2 2 : effect_slider 3 2 : var '$faderParam2' ? nothing : var 'FXSlot' 0 ? effect_slider 1 2 : var 'FXSlot' 1 ? effect_slider 2 2 : effect_slider 3 2 " value="FX_PARAM2"/>

<map action="var 'FXSlot' 0 ? effect_slider 1 3 : var 'FXSlot' 1 ? effect_slider 2 3 : effect_slider 3 3" value="FX_PARAM3"/>

<map action="toggle '$faderParam1' & set '$faderParam2' 0" value="FADERFX_1"/>

<map action="var '$faderParam1' ? blink : off" value="LED_FADERFX_1"/>

<map action="toggle '$faderParam2' & set '$faderParam1' 0" value="FADERFX_2"/>

<map action="var '$faderParam2' ? blink : off" value="LED_FADERFX_2"/>

<map action="var '$faderParam1' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 1 effect slider 1 : deck 3 effect slider 1 : var '$faderParam2' ? deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 2 effect slider 1 : deck 4 effect slider 1 : volume" value="VOLUME_L"/>

<map action="var '$faderParam1' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 1 effect slider 2 : deck 3 effect slider 2 : var '$faderParam2' ? deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 2 effect slider 2 : deck 4 effect slider 2 : volume" value="VOLUME_R"/>

<map action="volume" value="S_VOLUME_L"/>

<map action="volume" value="S_VOLUME_R"/>

Thank you for your help!

geposted Wed 27 May 15 @ 3:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure why you want to change the native mapping.
The way it works is ...
Push the FX Select : Cycles control through the 3 available FX slots and the Leds of the ON, 1 and 2 indicate which slot the Knobs control.
Try this skin http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?search=stanton , it will help you to understand how it works. You dont need to use the Volume/Fader Fx mode if you dont want to.

geposted Wed 27 May 15 @ 6:50 pm
Hi,
can understand very well. The problem is, that mapping of controller in VDJ7 and also LE works as follows

push fx1 , adjust parameters of fx1 with knob 1 and 2. push fx2 knop to activate and adjust parameters with knob 1 and 2 aso.
VDJ8 has no such possibility. You can run the fx but the adjust of knob 1 and 2 will not apply only if you choose via fxselect the correct fx (1,2 or 3)
In vdj7 and futhermore LE it was much easier and faster to choose between 3 different effects.Choosing fx and adjust by parameter 1 and 2 for each of these 3fx buttons without pushing fxselect knob.

any idea for correct mapping ?

thanks

geposted Thu 13 Apr 17 @ 10:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I dont think we changed anything there. You still have to select one of the Slots in order to adjust its Parameters.
If none is selected, the FX knobs will adjust the Parameters of the 1st FX Slot. If FADER FX is enabled, then the FX knobs will not offer any functionality (you will need to use the Volume Faders to adjust the Parameters of the FX in 1st Slot)
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/stanton/djc4/layout/advancedcontrols.html

geposted Fri 14 Apr 17 @ 12:14 pm
Well, besides using fader fx, there must be a chance to use the fx panel, like in VD7 and LE for Stanton DJC4. It makes no sense to have 3 different fx buttons if you cant adjust the parameters directly. Now the user needs to push the corresponding fx button and select the same by encoder, too to adjust the parameters.
By this present mapping there is no need for 3 different fx buttons.

Very interested to see the past mapping for stanton LE maybe

geposted Sat 15 Apr 17 @ 9:59 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)