Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Audio clip distortions

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I never notice it until I recorded my sets the other night and thru the whole sets I can hear clip sounds like on top of the music, whats causing this?

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 12:39 pm
Clip sounds, as in the limiter kicking in? What's causing this? You are exceeding the headroom of the software, the hardware, or both. Lower the input, and or output of the software, and increase the signal to the speakers. You did not give details about the version, soundcard, controller, OS, laptop, or any other equipment you are using. In general, you should not keep pushing your system, if the limiter keeps kicking in. If you are talking about something else, then explain.

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 1:31 pm
im using an external analog mixer ( dj-tech djm 303) with the sound card of a numark V7, I currently have virtual dj setup to auto gain 0db and vdj master at full

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 4:33 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Possibly also keep an eye on your sound card latency. My NS7 seems to like to set itself back to 256 at random, when my computer can handle 128. However you may go the other way, if you need 512 and it gets reduced to 256 then you may have a similar sound.

You may be able to tell, if the sound happens more often when the speed of a track is changed. When I turned off pitch lock, the "clip" would go away. But you may have to try a few settings and see if you can reliably reproduce the issue.

If those V7s are anything like my NS7, my NS7 is a WICKED resource hog. Forcing me to use higher latency than other sound cards.

I will also say, my NS7 peaks out external VUs at 3/4 volume. Not full VDJ volume. That is according to a Rane mixer clip light and DBX EQ VUs.

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 4:49 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djsampamix wrote :
im using an external analog mixer ( dj-tech djm 303) with the sound card of a numark V7, I currently have virtual dj setup to auto gain 0db and vdj master at full

What is your zerodb set to in advanced options. Mine is at 0.7, then I rescanned my library. This is how I stay out of the limiter in VDJ.

geposted Fri 29 May 15 @ 8:43 pm
Hey guys when u set ur settings just curious why did u rescan your library?

geposted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 2:23 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
After I set my zeroDB and make my autogain auto, I rescan in case any of the tracks have been adjusted incorrectly by me or the software in the past.

geposted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 7:08 pm
I resolve this issue, the cause was that i was recording in WAV format and somehow it was to much for the input of the dj tech djm-303 mixer

geposted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 7:40 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)