Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ Remote v.8 - for iOS and Android - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

VIRTUALDJ REMOTE V.8
Mix with VirtualDJ directly from your iOS/Android phone or tablet!

Whether you want to use your phone/tablet as a virtual scratch turntable, or just want to step away from the booth for a moment but still continue to monitor the mix from your mobile device, or even want to mix the whole gig wirelessly from your while the computer plugged to your sound system delivers the beats, the VirtualDJ Remote application gives you full freedom to operate VirtualDJ over a WIFI connection.

The audio is being played by the computer, so you just need to plug your audio system to your computer, no need to carry audio wires to your mobile device.

The interface and functionalities of the VirtualDJ Remote can be completely tailored to your exact needs, by using new skins.
The skin format is compatible with the popular VirtualDJ’s skin SDK, and you can download other users creations, or easily create one by yourself. Anything is possible, from a full-featured sampler pad, an effect table, a turntable emulator, a complete controller, or whatever else your imagination and need will come up with.

When used with VirtualDJ 8, the remote can now access the full power of the software, including waveforms, scratch waves, full-featured browser with search, cover pictures, etc. The new remote v8 also now perfectly handles multi-touch and pinch gestures for a full touch experience.

iOS Version (iPhone/iPad)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/virtualdj-remote/id407160120

Android Version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.atomixproductions.VirtualDJRemote

geposted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 1:43 pm
I must say fellas, you've out done yourself here!! This is badass (except the skin, looks bad)!!

Thank you 🙏

geposted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 6:35 pm
hdsonPRO InfinityMember since 2011
how can i find the volume fader on the iPhone remote?

geposted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 6:43 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
beatbreaker1 wrote :
This is badass (except the skin, looks bad)!!

+1, please wake up Atomix! Perception is shifting...but the skin is just an act of self harm at this point...

geposted Thu 04 Jun 15 @ 7:22 pm
skin schmin...

if it works it works. if all you're concerned about is what it looks like instead of the functionality of the app then design your own.

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 2:33 am
I hope that soon we will be able to use the remote using usb to lighting cable to avoid wireless latency kind of like serato remote.
This will be a huge step forward

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 2:40 am
Great improvement guys. Only problem is that when I try and change the skin the VDJ programme locks up as soon as you press the change skin button, i.e. does not load the window to find the skin and the program has to be forced to close. This is on a Mac by the way.

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 4:14 am
bagpuss wrote :
beatbreaker1 wrote :

+1, please wake up Atomix! Perception is shifting...but the skin is just an act of self harm at this point...

Are you guys Serious?!? Look at the competition.
Now that is a bad skin :-D

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 4:30 am
scratcher_81 wrote :
I hope that soon we will be able to use the remote using usb to lighting cable to avoid wireless latency kind of like serato remote.

But then it's not really a remote, is it? Then it's more like a controller. And there are tons of those already available for just about any purpose you can imagine...
Serato had the problem that they didn't have those kind of controllers available (still don't support many), so I guess they had to make their remote be not a remote...

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 4:36 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
For Android devices (I don't own an iOS device so cannot comment there) you could enable USB tethering, this then gives you a wired IP connection that would be usable by the remote.

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 4:56 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
On Android, if you only start the app (no VDJ running) you'll see the "waiting for connection" messagen.
If you tap your screen you'll get a new window with connection infos.
On that screen, if you use the "back" button of you device, you will get a black screen.
If you are using the "close" button on the connection info window everything is fine.

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 5:17 am
klausmogensen wrote :
bagpuss wrote :
beatbreaker1 wrote :

Are you guys Serious?!? Look at the competition.
Now that is a bad skin :-D

Which one of us said that was any better, even though it is.......... My opinion isn't any of your concern bro........

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 5:17 am
Chara05Home userMember since 2014
Can the Remote app be used as a prep tool. I spend a lot of time commuting from home to my place of work and back, this could come in as a life saver to keep me busy, prepping my tracks, (cues, loops, tagging....) and then sync up with the main database later in the evening. Please tell me whether it is possible to use as a prep tool, enabling me to sync up with the main database with any changes I may have done.

I am on Android.

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 5:40 am
klausmogensen wrote :
scratcher_81 wrote :

But then it's not really a remote, is it? Then it's more like a controller. And there are tons of those already available for just about any purpose you can imagine...
Serato had the problem that they didn't have those kind of controllers available (still don't support many), so I guess they had to make their remote be not a remote...

Your're right but why not have both... we could do better latency with wired connection for sampling and beat juggling.
Plus i prefer not carry with me a router wherever i go and ad hoc network is not that reliable
Edit... I just tried it but it's still too buggy. Cause multiple VDJ crach.
Also if you can add and remove songs and view the automix list that would be great

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 6:00 am
PachN wrote :
On Android, if you only start the app (no VDJ running) you'll see the "waiting for connection" messagen.
If you tap your screen you'll get a new window with connection infos.
On that screen, if you use the "back" button of you device, you will get a black screen.
If you are using the "close" button on the connection info window everything is fine.

Confirmed, we will look at that, thankyou. If you hit back again on that black screen the app will exit.

Edit: Problem found and fixed :)

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 6:11 am
should this app not be free for those of us whom have purchased a pro infinity license other than that looking forward to trying this on android

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 9:24 am
I have an Android tablet that's running 4.1.1 JellyBean but it's says the app not compatible with my tablet.

What should that Android tablets be running??

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 9:33 am
88pauley wrote :
should this app not be free for those of us whom have purchased a pro infinity license other than that looking forward to trying this on android

No, the remote application has always been a chargeable product.

beatbreaker1 wrote :
I have an Android tablet that's running 4.1.1 JellyBean but it's says the app not compatible with my tablet.

It's compatible with Android devices running 4.1 or later. What is your exact device?

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 9:39 am
Well I didn't see this coming. Awesome work.

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 9:57 am
JMHUKPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Great stuff!

I have paid for & downloaded build 2303 of the Android app, but the same happens on the two phones I have tried it with (Moto E, Galaxy S5). I've uninstalled and reinstalled, still the same.

I can successfully see the device in my copy of Virtual DJ 7 (running on OSX)

Once paired, I run the app on my phone and I get a brief flash of 'Waiting for connection' and a brief flash of a VDJ screen, before the screen going black and an 'Application Corrupted !!' message appearing. The back button exits the app at this point.

Whilst the app is running, VDJ shows it as Connected. When the app is not running, VDJ shows it as Error.

geposted Fri 05 Jun 15 @ 10:25 am
7%